Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    spoilers:
    It was leaked a while ago, but this is the first real evidence we have of Evan Peters being on this show and possibly playing a version of Quicksilver. It could be an Easter egg to his role of Peter, Mephisto disguised as him or possessing him to control Wanda, or an evil AU of the Fox version trying to lure her back to his universe. We know this is supposed to lead into Multiverse of Madness. We just don’t know how yet.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe something to do with Wanda being a nexus being. The clip looks like an upcoming trailer so not much information. It does make Evan Peters appear more like an antagonist but I suppose that doesn't rule out him playing a version of Quicksilver either as he's been an antagonist in the past too like Wanda.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I dunno, I feel like Flash is becoming better known in the public eye as "the guy who screws up timelines." He could end up like post-House of M Scarlet Witch at some point.
    That’s certainly a possibility. But the cynical part of me thinks that Pietro being a man, and a white passing one at that, would protect him the way poor Wanda wasn’t. House of M is the very textbook example of the hysterical woman who has become too powerful for her own good and must be put down like a rabid animal by the wise and strong men for the good of the world. Pietro had Peter David to redeem him on X-Factor, but Wanda only had Remender and his dumpster fire portrayal of her. He used her as his way of talking trash on the X-Men, and completely ruined her return to comics.

One of these days, both my children will thrive in unison and in their own individual stories, but I’m getting impatient about it.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    spoilers:
    Maybe something to do with Wanda being a nexus being. The clip looks like an upcoming trailer so not much information. It does make Evan Peters appear more like an antagonist but I suppose that doesn't rule out him playing a version of Quicksilver either as he's been an antagonist in the past too like Wanda.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wanda could be seen as a means of warping the multiverse. Mephisto could be trying to make her desperate enough to save her husband and sons by trying to find a universe where they can live, and accidentally breaking open a hole for him to reach out and spread his influence.

It would be a shame if they bought up the Quicksilver vs Vision rivalry from the Englehart days. That was his attempt to force Pietro into the villain role that his father had just vacated. I don’t want it part of his MCU canon.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    spoilers:
    I hope he's really Pietro. Pietro having been killed in his introduction movie and essentially never getting to be part of that universe has always stung, and I'm not even exactly a fan of him. Now, I also hope it's not really the same character from the Fox universe... I'm hoping he's just another Pietro from the multiverse. The characterization seems quite different, so I'm hopeful. Either way, he better be called Pietro too and not Peter. Him being called Peter is like if the whole "Wendy" joke about Wanda was real.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Joss Whedon has much to answer for, and his penchant for killing characters off for shock value is one of them. I hope even if he is supposed to be the Fox version, that it won’t mean he’ll be portraying Quicksilver in the MCU moving forward. It seems disrespectful to Aaron Taylor Johnson. Didn’t they have him sign a multi-movie deal?

The least they can do is call him Pietro, but considering how dirty they’ve already done him, it wouldn’t surprise me if they kept calling him Peter.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Joss Whedon has much to answer for, and his penchant for killing characters off for shock value is one of them. I hope even if he is supposed to be the Fox version, that it won’t mean he’ll be portraying Quicksilver in the MCU moving forward. It seems disrespectful to Aaron Taylor Johnson. Didn’t they have him sign a multi-movie deal?

The least they can do is call him Pietro, but considering how dirty they’ve already done him, it wouldn’t surprise me if they kept calling him Peter.
    end of spoilers
    Idk. I've heard that ATJ only accepted the role because of Lizzie and Whedon, and he knew it was gonna be just 1 movie, and everything they said about him staying was to throw people off (especially cause I think his death was leaked/rumored?). But I don't know for sure if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Idk. I've heard that ATJ only accepted the role because of Lizzie and Whedon, and he knew it was gonna be just 1 movie, and everything they said about him staying was to throw people off (especially cause I think his death was leaked/rumored?). But I don't know for sure if that's true.
    With how this is unfolding, I wouldn’t be surprised if we had to wait until MoM to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I dunno, I feel like Flash is becoming better known in the public eye as "the guy who screws up timelines." He could end up like post-House of M Scarlet Witch at some point.
    Wow. That's true. I could definitely see that happening. Hope not though!

spoilers:
    Wanda could be seen as a means of warping the multiverse. Mephisto could be trying to make her desperate enough to save her husband and sons by trying to find a universe where they can live, and accidentally breaking open a hole for him to reach out and spread his influence.

It would be a shame if they bought up the Quicksilver vs Vision rivalry from the Englehart days. That was his attempt to force Pietro into the villain role that his father had just vacated. I don’t want it part of his MCU canon.
    end of spoilers
    If it's lighthearted and funny, I wouldn't have an issue with it. But if Quicksilver comes off as a dick, I would be VERY upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    If it's lighthearted and funny, I wouldn't have an issue with it. But if Quicksilver comes off as a dick, I would be VERY upset.
    It would be insult to injury to have the MCU Quicksilver die in his first movie, then bring in another Quicksilver from a different universe just to make him a villain. Hoped that’s not what’s going to happen. There’s still so many question that only the next few episodes will answer.

It would be insult to injury to have the MCU Quicksilver die in his first movie, then bring in another Quicksilver from a different universe just to make him a villain. Hoped that’s not what’s going to happen. There’s still so many question that only the next few episodes will answer.
    Yeah it would be. So far the MCU has made its heroes act heroic (unlike the DCEU and several other non-MCU Marvel movies). I'm not convinced at all Peters will be playing "Quicksilver" per se. I think he's posing. At least give us some flashbacks of the "real" MCU Quicksilver if the one in WandaVision is an imposter.

Extraordinary Member

In the ancient days of 2019, after this show was known to be happening, spoilers:
    Aaron Taylor-Johnson was asked if he was coming back and he said no.

I hope that was a red herring, or that he changed his mind, but if he doesn't appear in this series I have to assume they asked him and he didn't want to. (I really doubt they would try to force an actor to appear, even if the story about the multi-picture contract was true and not just a way to avoid spoilers.) Maybe he didn't want to come back and they realized they could use the Evan Peters version for a meta-gag about sitcom recasting.

Of course, the show hasn't yet shown us anyone actually coming back from the dead except Vision; everyone else in town is just someone else under a fake sitcom name. So the decision to use Peters doesn't necessarily rule out the "real" Pietro appearing in a flashback or something. Not getting my hopes up though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah it would be. So far the MCU has made its heroes act heroic (unlike the DCEU and several other non-MCU Marvel movies). I'm not convinced at all Peters will be playing "Quicksilver" per se. I think he's posing. At least give us some flashbacks of the "real" MCU Quicksilver if the one in WandaVision is an imposter.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    In the ancient days of 2019, after this show was known to be happening, spoilers:

I hope that was a red herring, or that he changed his mind, but if he doesn't appear in this series I have to assume they asked him and he didn't want to. (I really doubt they would try to force an actor to appear, even if the story about the multi-picture contract was true and not just a way to avoid spoilers.) Maybe he didn't want to come back and they realized they could use the Evan Peters version for a meta-gag about sitcom recasting.

Of course, the show hasn't yet shown us anyone actually coming back from the dead except Vision; everyone else in town is just someone else under a fake sitcom name. So the decision to use Peters doesn't necessarily rule out the "real" Pietro appearing in a flashback or something. Not getting my hopes up though.
    end of spoilers
    ‘The Real Slim Shady’ comes to my mind. Will the real Quicksilver please show up?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    After Googling the WandaVision cast and seeing Peters, I'm sure he's gonna be Quicksilver or an adult version of Wanda's son. There's no reason he would be playing someone anyone else and be casted in the show.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Yes, I think it's been confirmed that spoilers:
    Evan Peters is playing Quicksilver. What we don't know yet is if Peters is playing the MCU Quicksilver, or if he's just a guy in the sitcom reality playing Quicksilver, or if he's the Fox version of Quicksilver transported to this reality. There are many other things that it could be.
    end of spoilers

‘The Real Slim Shady’ comes to my mind. Will the real Quicksilver please show up?
    Things would have been SO much better if two studios didn't have to share this dude. Absolutely ruined the character.