Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1641

I kinda doubt ATJ would be interested in reprising his role as Quicksilver after playing Kraven at Sony. And it'll be YEARS before the mutants start doing their thing in the MCU imo. Wanda might be on her way out by that time. And to have Pietro without Wanda would be just wrong. The only way I see Pietro getting resurrected is if ANOTHER actor plays him. I think Feige doesn't wanna turn the MCU into a "cartoon universe". If he continues to bring back characters faster than Romero ever could, then Scorsese will have won his debate against him.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-17-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Kraven is happening in the Sony-verse, not the MCU. Besides, they already have actors like Gemma Chan and Mahershala Ali set to play characters different from the ones they play before. No reason why ATJ can’t do the same.

Besides, why consider Scorsese’s opinion on comic book movies, when that’s clearly not his jam? He’s more into gritty crime dramas, not sci-fi adventure. But embracing what is weird and different about the genre, like the resurrection protocols of Krakoa, is what is winning the MCU it’s audiences, not buckling down to seem more ‘realistic’ to an old-school boomer who thinks comic books are for children only. Especially with the possibility of the multiverse movie that is going to be No Way Home, starring quite a few characters who were dead in their respective universe.

But I think Gemma was covered in paint so I don't even remember her from Captain Marvel. Speaking of crime dramas, I saw Mahershala in an episode of Law & Order: SVU many years ago. He was a vicious rapist and chucked out of a window at the end of it. He could definitely play a bad guy. I thought him being in a Netflix show made it kind of like a Chris Evans situation (an actor playing two different Marvel characters from two totally different universes). I suspect a lot of MCU fans don't know that he was in a Marvel Television production. I didn't agree with Scorsese saying the MCU was not cinema, but I think he had some legitimate gripes when it comes to the lack of stakes in the movies. My ONLY beef with the MCU would be if they start resurrecting dead characters too often. I think they should stop doing it. Because like in the comics, it will eventually get out of hand. Don't you find it a little bit humorous when people cry when characters die and then they cry again when they come back to life? Death and tragedy are realities. I think superhero stories should respect that. That's why I wanted ATJ to come back in WandaVision. So he could finish his story and give Pietro the proper send-off he deserves. I also happen to think that Iron Man and the Black Widow should stay dead as well. And I'm not even a huge Scorsese fan! I'm more of a Woody Allen guy (or was before his "cancellation"). I actually admire him for not backing down to his critics, even when I really disagree with him. That said, I think it was wrong of Marvel to kill off Pietro and Vision so quickly. And I do think ATJ would be kinda old for a speedster five years from now (when I think mutants will be making their debut). Just my opinion. Hopefully it doesn't offend!

Ultimate Member

How would ATJ be too old?

And no offense to Scorcese, he's a great director with some good points about Hollywood's creative bankruptcy, but Idk if he understands the whole fictional universe concept, or fandom in general

So if a character's death was rushed and pointless to begin with, I don't think bringing them back is necessarily bad
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 09-17-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    But I think Gemma was covered in paint so I don't even remember her from Captain Marvel. Speaking of crime dramas, I saw Mahershala in an episode of Law & Order: SVU many years ago. He was a vicious rapist and chucked out of a window at the end of it. He could definitely play a bad guy. I thought him being in a Netflix show made it kind of like a Chris Evans situation (an actor playing two different Marvel characters from two totally different universes). I suspect a lot of MCU fans don't know that he was in a Marvel Television production. I didn't agree with Scorsese saying the MCU was not cinema, but I think he had some legitimate gripes when it comes to the lack of stakes in the movies. My ONLY beef with the MCU would be if they start resurrecting dead characters too often. I think they should stop doing it. Because like in the comics, it will eventually get out of hand. Don't you find it a little bit humorous when people cry when characters die and then they cry again when they come back to life? Death and tragedy are realities. I think superhero stories should respect that. That's why I wanted ATJ to come back in WandaVision. So he could finish his story and give Pietro the proper send-off he deserves. I also happen to think that Iron Man and the Black Widow should stay dead as well. And I'm not even a huge Scorsese fan! I'm more of a Woody Allen guy (or was before his "cancellation"). I actually admire him for not backing down to his critics, even when I really disagree with him. That said, I think it was wrong of Marvel to kill off Pietro and Vision so quickly. And I do think ATJ would be kinda old for a speedster five years from now (when I think mutants will be making their debut). Just my opinion. Hopefully it doesn't offend!
    By design the movies will be formulaic because they have a whole universe to stay in line with. But they are probably gonna keep those characters dead for a bit. But have them in other things. Like cartoons or comics. Video games and the like. Until the current generation is over. Then I would not doubt them having a new edition of these same heroes and start the process over again.

I don't think ATJ will be too old five years from now. I do think they will focus on other characters. But none of that should have to do with Tommy. Because Tommy has his own story to tell and should get that chance. And not have to live the life of his uncle because his uncle died too soon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Kraven is happening in the Sony-verse, not the MCU. Besides, they already have actors like Gemma Chan and Mahershala Ali set to play characters different from the ones they play before. No reason why ATJ can’t do the same.

Besides, why consider Scorsese’s opinion on comic book movies, when that’s clearly not his jam? He’s more into gritty crime dramas, not sci-fi adventure. But embracing what is weird and different about the genre, like the resurrection protocols of Krakoa, is what is winning the MCU it’s audiences, not buckling down to seem more ‘realistic’ to an old-school boomer who thinks comic books are for children only. Especially with the possibility of the multiverse movie that is going to be No Way Home, starring quite a few characters who were dead in their respective universe.
    He is likely hating he is not making any of the tens of billions Disney has made off the MCU.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    He is likely hating he is not making any of the tens of billions Disney has made off the MCU.
    Isn't ATJ a father? I remember reading that he fits acting around his family and not the other way around. Considering how many projects are required for the MCU I can see that being a factor. It's part of why if they did decide to have a Quicksilver (even from a parallel universe/timeline) I'd prefer they use Evan Peters.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I liked ATJ as Pietro. He seemed more similar to the comics version.

I can understand why you and others didn't like the WandaVision reveal. In many ways, it's disappointing he couldn't be brought back. I don't think the MCU is 'replacing' him with Tommy, though

And I don't really think the MCU needs the Fox-Men. Tbh I don't think it needs Maguire and Garfield either. But most of the individual Fox-men barely left any impact as interpretations, so I don't think we're losing much by not having them.

I actually see Evan Peters to be close to the comics version. At least closest to the 90s version
    Last edited by Dcnewb; 09-18-2021 at 02:05 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don´t think it would make sense to change ATJ with Evan Peters as Quicksilver and I don´t think that´s the intention of Kevin Feige, even on Wandavision when he appeared, he was described as "Fox X-men Quicksilver" so my guess is that he effectively was supposed to be Peter Maximoff in the series, they just pushed that for multiverse of madness because they already had too much story to tell with Wanda and Agatha.

So Evan Peters Quicksilver would be a "variant" of ATJ Quicksilver from the MCU Loki series confirmed this indirectly.

Sure if ATJ is not ready to come back, they could always bring another actor but they would not be Peters Quicksilver.

I also expect to see some cameos from other Fox X-men characters but I think they will just be there to confirm the X-men from the MCU will be quite different.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t think it would make sense to change ATJ with Evan Peters as Quicksilver and I don´t think that´s the intention of Kevin Feige, even on Wandavision when he appeared, he was described as "Fox X-men Quicksilver" so my guess is that he effectively was supposed to be Peter Maximoff in the series, they just pushed that for multiverse of madness because they already had too much story to tell with Wanda and Agatha.

So Evan Peters Quicksilver would be a "variant" of ATJ Quicksilver from the MCU Loki series confirmed this indirectly.

Sure if ATJ is not ready to come back, they could always bring another actor but they would not be Peters Quicksilver.

I also expect to see some cameos from other Fox X-men characters but I think they will just be there to confirm the X-men from the MCU will be quite different.
    MCU Quicksilver is dead mate, lol. Other than bringing him back from the dead they’re gonna have to settle for a alternate version of him and that’s where Evan Peters comes in.

Yes but this is a universe in which people came back from the death with time travel easily enough(Gamora and Loki) so I would not be surprised to see them time travel and move Pietro from the bullets, or they could use this to introduce the inhumans, after all Pietro was also thought dead in the comics until it was discovered Crystal saved him, so this story could be used to introduce the inhumans to the MCU. Imo MCU version was good, he just needs more to do in the story.

I also love Evan Peters Quicksilver and I understand his characterization and moments over there were way better but I don´t think Feige will just replace MCU Pietro with him when he wants to put distance between the Fox universe and the MCU while the multiverse allows to keep both.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-18-2021 at 03:59 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    MCU Quicksilver is dead mate, lol. Other than bringing him back from the dead they’re gonna have to settle for a alternate version of him and that’s where Evan Peters comes in.
    Not really. Have a What if episode "What if Wanda died instead of Pietro" played by ATJ. Add some quick parts of important alternations to the story and end it on Infintiy War or End Game where something with the stones forces him to another universe, the main MCU one. Both are different enought and have had the same life up to the battle of sokovia so they can still act as brother and sister, but the fact that each lost the other adds something new.

Spectacular Member

Yes but this is a universe in which people came back from the death with time travel easily enough(Gamora and Loki) so I would not be surprised to see them time travel and move Pietro from the bullets, or they could use this to introduce the inhumans, after all Pietro was also thought dead in the comics until it was discovered Crystal saved him, so this story could be used to introduce the inhumans to the MCU. Imo MCU version was good, he just needs more to do in the story.

I also love Evan Peters Quicksilver and I understand his characterization and moments over there were way better but I don´t think Feige will just replace MCU Pietro with him when he wants to put distance between the Fox universe and the MCU while the multiverse allows to keep both.
    I don’t think that’s accurate if Feidge is that anti-fox xmen then he wouldn’t have brought Peters in to play Pietro/Ralph as he wouldn’t even want to even suggest a Fox version of QS

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    I don’t think that’s accurate if Feidge is that anti-fox xmen then he wouldn’t have brought Peters in to play Pietro/Ralph as he wouldn’t even want to even suggest a Fox version of QS
    He´s not anti fox X-men at all, in fact his first work on super hero movies was over X-men by Fox and he openly has said he loves the X-men, he just didn´t like that Fox didn´t made much use of the X-men story when they developed the characters and it shows in the movies so he wants the MCU X-men to be it´s own thing, in part that´s why he´s taking time to introduce them properly,that´s all and Evan Peters does make a great Quicksilver but even inside story it was left clear he wasn´t meant to take MCU Pietro´s place.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-18-2021 at 07:14 AM.

Spectacular Member

He´s not anti fox X-men at all, in fact his first work on super hero movies was over X-men by Fox and he openly has said he loves the X-men, he just didn´t like that Fox didn´t made much use of the X-men story when they developed the characters and it shows in the movies so he wants the MCU X-men to be it´s own thing, in part that´s why he´s taking time to introduce them properly,that´s all and Evan Peters does make a great Quicksilver but even inside story it was left clear he wasn´t meant to take MCU Pietro´s place.
    Lol I can present you with multiple plot holes which set up for Ralph to be QS some perhaps intentional if not due to bad story writing. But I can’t be bothered digging them up again.

I guess all I’m saying is that if Reynolds and Brolin can reprise their roles as Deadpool and Cable then it’s quite possible (imo) to have Peters back as QS