Page 79 of 110 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1641
    baumblume

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes but Cable and Deadpool didn´t already have a place on the MCU so they can just jump in to become part of the MCU and it´s great because they nailed their characters really well but this is not the case of Pietro. As far as the MCU has shown Evan Peters Pietro is Fox Quicksilver, so if he stays I expect him to stay as that, not as the new MCU Pietro.
    I mean that’s not true. They never referred to him as Fox QS in WV and that’s where your reasoning doesn’t hold up very well. He was apparently “Ralph Bohner” but all the evidence points to him not being “Ralph Bohner”… regardless if it’s intentional or (more likely) typical MCU bad writing, the door is still open for him to Quicksilver.

baumblume

I'm not a fan of MCU Wanda...X-men Fox Peter needs his own Wanda.

baumblume

I'm not a fan of the MCU HYDRA twins .it's racist .

baumblume

Uncanny-X-Men-1963

baumblume

baumblume

they were around 16-18 years old at the time, the only other family they had ever known and their community were being chased to death, and Magneto is a master of manipulation, he was emotionally blackmailing and abusing them, as the twins themselves state decades later in Wanda's duo run with Vision in 1985. Also Magneto was fully threatening to harm and kill them whenever they questioned or disobeyed him, so there's also that.

baumblume

Uncanny-X-Men 335

baumblume

Uncanny-X-Men 337

baumblume

Wanda's subconscious attempt at resetting her origins to being a mutant and Magneto's daughter I stand by the theory that when she "No more mutants"-ed she warped her origin (and quicksilver's by default) to make her not a mutant or Magneto's daughter anymore (unintentionally and subconsciously without her even knowing that she did it). I feel like their conversation at the end of the gala, with Mags telling her that he still thought of her as a daughter and hoped to find a way to help her reconcile with the mutant community, triggered something deep inside her that said that it was okay for her to change things back. As for the traces of metal that were binding her, that they think killed her, I think that when her powers started to change things back and hurt her, Magneto tried to restrain her so that she couldn't hurt herself, but then she teleported him away and knocked him out, which is why he doesn't have an alibi and doesn't actually know what happened. Because he doesn't know what happened, he's started to question if he really did do it, which is why he's so conflicted when finally confronted by the Avengers.

baumblume

Avengers Origins: The Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver

baumblume

We don't get enough Wanda and Quicksilver in the comics. They're never together, they never team up, they never have combo action moves, which is a shame. A sibling dynamic is what Marvel is missing right now.

baumblume

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I think he wants to slowly develop them. People forget that they started planning the MCU long before the first movies. They just weren't sure it was gonna do well. So they did one movie at a time hoping it'd take off. But Feige had plans. And he said he has plans for X-Men. And that was a little over a year ago. He mentioned it's not soon. In about five years. So I think after they are done with this phase. I think we'll start to see X-Men teased.

Agreed the Falcon and Winter Soldier series left some easter eggs on it´s official page about Madripoor because it´s a mutant location and we even could see the favorite bar of "Patch"(Wolverine) in one of the scenes there, also there was a mutant called Ursa minor on the Black Widow movie, he´s a little known mutant and his powers were not shown but I think the X-men are truly around the corner, my guess is that unlike the FF4 they will be shown on different movies or series before their official movie and it´s possible marvel will do some short series for some of them. Some time ago there was a Magneto series teased so I would love if this is still on their plans, it would be a nice way to shown his story there.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I liked some of the stuff Scorsese and Spielberg did back in the day, but I was always more of a Coppola and Woody Allen guy. But I agree with Scorsese when he said that Marvel movies lack "emotional danger". And that's because of the way they treat death. In most cultures, death is a very somber and sacred thing. I treat it that way myself. It is my strong preference that even superhero movies and shows regard death with great respect. Feige resurrecting dead characters faster than Romero could ever dream of is not a my favored approach to storytelling. Bring the characters back in What If, cartoons, video games, novels and comic books, sure. But I confess to being annoyed when I hear rumors of Crossbones, Peggy Carter, and Heimdall coming back through time travel/multiversal shenanigans. I thought the MCU was about forward momentum. Why are we going back? That's a HUGE step backwards from where I stand. Why can't things just "end"? I had my problems with Endgame, but I liked it because it had an ENDING. Endings have potency. I'm absolutely certain that if Iron Man and Cap continued on after Endgame, that movie would have not been nearly successful as it was. I think general audiences like stories with beginnings, middles and endings. I think comic book fans sort of don't understand this concept too well sometimes (I don't mean that as an insult by the way). And I think it's okay to reboot the characters we've seen in the MCU after some time. I have no problem with that. But it's too soon for me to do that right NOW (in my opinion).
    I agree marvel movies are quite light on dramatic content, especially when they use so much jokes that take away from dramatic scenes that should be dramatic like Pietros death was barely noticed but I like the fact it uses characters I enjoy and the interconnected universe. I dont go to see any marvel movie and expect an Scorsese or Coppola movie, I also loved the Godfather the first one is my favorite and I have not seen any other movie of that genre that comes close to it , I don´t think there are a lot of movies that get to their level anyway, so when I want to see their movies I look at the ones already made by them but sometimes I just want to have a good time seeing a fun story with some marvel characters. So I guess it depends on what do you want to see at the cinema and why are you seeing certain movies.

I don't wanna see ATJ as a speedster in his 40s. His age was perfect in AoU. Mid-twenties is a good age for that kind of character (in my view). I actually really liked his portrayal of Quicksilver (more than his comic book version). To me, it'll look stupid if he plays Kraven for a few years, then comes back as Quicksilver more than a decade after his death in AoU. I think that's ridiculous. And I doubt Olsen will be still around by then. I suppose they could bring back Peters, but to me he just wouldn't be her brother.
    Who knows what will happen I think ATJ was done wrong by Whedon because he expected to have at least three movies and not only that, his death was silly considering his powers and almost no one noticed it besides Wanda but I am happy to see him getting the Kraven part, I think he will do great with that. What will happen in the future, only Feige knows and I think he may have some plans for him.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Good thing he’s an actor who can play characters who don’t necessarily reflect themselves.
    Agreed
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

baumblume