Page 8 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Things would have been SO much better if two studios didn't have to share this dude. Absolutely ruined the character.
    Damn that's right the Two Networks is what led to the retcon. Yeah Pietro got fucked when they took being a mutant from him.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Things would have been SO much better if two studios didn't have to share this dude. Absolutely ruined the character.
    They hardly use him in the comics. The FoX-Men were just terrible, and Singer made him a cliché/Flash rip-off. I get the fact that people thought the one scene he was always in looked cool, but his character sucked in the movies, and it wasn't like his comic book counter-part. He didn't have a good dynamic with the FoX-Men. They could've made him one of Magneto's henchmen to reference the comic at least. They made him an American teenager who didn't know who his father was. At least in the Avengers he had a close relationship with his twin sister and had a power range closer to the comics. His demise was stupid, but it was used to push Wanda to use her power more... Peters got injured and never returned in the whole movie, and that was it...

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Damn that's right the Two Networks is what led to the retcon. Yeah Pietro got fucked when they took being a mutant from him.
    I think it's too late now to change things, unfortunately. Marvel has GOT to do a better job of writing him. You'd figure if two studios had Quicksilver, he would be involved in so many interesting stories on screen. But that totally didn't happen! And now he has pretty much disappeared in the comic books from what I understand. I'm happy a "version" of the speedster could be coming back in WandaVision, but if he's not "really" Quicksilver, then I don't think it's gonna benefit him in the publishing side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They hardly use him in the comics. The FoX-Men were just terrible, and Singer made him a cliché/Flash rip-off. I get the fact that people thought the one scene he was always in looked cool, but his character sucked in the movies, and it wasn't like his comic book counter-part. He didn't have a good dynamic with the FoX-Men. They could've made him one of Magneto's henchmen to reference the comic at least. They made him an American teenager who didn't know who his father was. At least in the Avengers he had a close relationship with his twin sister and had a power range closer to the comics. His demise was stupid, but it was used to push Wanda to use her power more... Peters got injured and never returned in the whole movie, and that was it...
    I didn't watch the overwhelming majority of the Fox movies. From what I have heard, the only mutants that were well-represented in them were Wolverine, Deadpool, Professor X and Magneto. The rest of them were completely forgettable from what I understand. I do think the MCU version of Pietro was quite accurate compared to his comic book counterpart. Although I think ATJ was less of a dick in the Week of Ultron than he could have been. He was more of a Whedonesque goofball. At least his death helped Wanda's character development...
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-04-2021 at 03:02 PM.

I didn't watch the overwhelming majority of the Fox movies. From what I understand, the only mutants that were well-represented in them were Wolverine, Deadpool, Professor X and Magneto. The rest of them were completely forgettable from what I understand. I do think the MCU version of Pietro was quite accurate to the comic book counterpart. Although I think ATJ was less of a dick in the Week of Ultron than he could have been. He was more of a Whedonesque goofball. At least his death helped Wanda's character development...
    Yeah, you described the Fox movies perfectly. I just hope they do Pietro justice if they bring him back and not have his hair be too grey. I know it's a wig, but still.

I think it's too late now to change things, unfortunately. Marvel has GOT to do a better job of writing him. You'd figure if two studios had Quicksilver, he would be involved in so many interesting stories on screen. But that totally didn't happen! And now he has pretty much disappeared in the comic books from what I understand. I'm happy a "version" of the speedster could be coming back in WandaVision, but if he's not "really" Quicksilver, then I don't think it's gonna benefit him in the publishing side of things.
    Wanda was important in many films and has her own show, yet she's ridiculously absent in comics.

Wanda was important in many films and has her own show, yet she's ridiculously absent in comics.
    Yeah, I don't think presence in movies matters for the twins until Marvel Comics changes their stance on them.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yeah, you described the Fox movies perfectly. I just hope they do Pietro justice if they bring him back and not have his hair be too grey. I know it's a wig, but still.
    Well, thank you! I hope they do Quicksilver justice too. I have more confidence in Marvel Studios than in Marvel Comics.

Very strange situation there!

Extraordinary Member

I really don't see how it can be bad for a character to be in two popular movie franchises. What hurt Pietro is that his MCU version was killed off in his first movie and never mentioned again until last month, but unless we believe that Disney killed him off because of the Fox version, then this is really more Joss Whedon's fault for wanting to kill him and Kevin Feige's for letting him do it. If Pietro had lived then the Fox version would have just been icing on the cake.

Fox using Quicksilver did seem like a catalyst for the bad relationship between Fox and Marvel, and that may have hurt Pietro in terms of promotion (it even hurt Wanda, and Fox never even used her, they just had the option). But that probably would have happened anyway because the big thing was Fox deciding to make a Fantastic Four movie to keep the rights out of Disney's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I really don't see how it can be bad for a character to be in two popular movie franchises. What hurt Pietro is that his MCU version was killed off in his first movie and never mentioned again until last month, but unless we believe that Disney killed him off because of the Fox version, then this is really more Joss Whedon's fault for wanting to kill him and Kevin Feige's for letting him do it. If Pietro had lived then the Fox version would have just been icing on the cake.

Fox using Quicksilver did seem like a catalyst for the bad relationship between Fox and Marvel, and that may have hurt Pietro in terms of promotion (it even hurt Wanda, and Fox never even used her, they just had the option). But that probably would have happened anyway because the big thing was Fox deciding to make a Fantastic Four movie to keep the rights out of Disney's hands.
    It's not bad for them to be in two franchises. I don't think it's hurt Wanda much. She's got a show, been in films, has merchandise and been in games now. Her profile is higher than it was. The only place she's been missing is comics.

Pietro is really nowhere though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

spoilers:
    Quicksilver fans should definitely be paying attention to WandaVision.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    spoilers:
    Quicksilver fans should definitely be paying attention to WandaVision.
    end of spoilers
    I am literally about to ****!!!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I just finished watching WandaVision.

spoilers:
    Even forewarned, I was not prepared. I suspect I am still not, considering there are still four episodes left.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I just finished watching WandaVision.

spoilers:
    Even forewarned, I was not prepared. I suspect I am still not, considering there are still four episodes left.
    end of spoilers
    That episode got my so hype for what's to come. I can't wait until we can discuss it here!