Page 82 of 110 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1641
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Also, new A list characters are created. Look at Guardians of the Galaxy. A big part of why people go see movies is the actors or the directors. Of course, good writing helps too. So get the right team to develop the right characters and things will go very well.
    Exactly, it´s better to help develop moreA-list characters than to have to depend on people always liking the A-listers you already have in mind. With the correct team and story any character can become A-list or at least well known and liked.

Feige also changed his mind movies are different. After an actor leaves or dies, it's not always possible to recast the role. They did not recast Steve Rogers, though there is a new Captain America. So the movies HAVE to develop characters beyond what the 1990s would have considered A list. Marvel's A list Avengers, at least the actors for two of them have lef the MCU and I think this is Chris Hemsworth's last film too.
    Yes and it felt right in the end for Falcon to want to become Cap America, not just because Steve asked but for what it meant to him and Isaiah Bradley

I would love to see Pietro again real soon, either Evans Peter or Aaron Taylor Johnson.
    Me too, hopefully it will happen soon in the MoM
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He's definitely an A-list villain, but not necessarily as much of an A-list solo character. And all those heroes have their own appeal
    As you know, I HATE Sony Marvel movies with a burning passion. They are TERRIBLE in my opinion. So it's not like I think Venom is the Citizen Kane of superhero movies at all. I thought it was almost as bad as those Amazing Spider-Man movies. I wasn't thrilled that Venom easily passed Ant-Man and the Wasp's in worldwide grosses (Ant-Man and the Wasp wasn't my favorite MCU film by any means, but it stands head and shoulders above the Sony stuff for me), but it just showed that Venom has got an appeal that those two Avengers don't. I also think it's noteworthy that NORTH AMERICAN audiences PANNED Venom (as well they should in my view), but that movie did really well OUTSIDE of the United States and Canada. Particularly in China.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-19-2021 at 08:40 AM.

baumblume

The-Avengers440

Thanks for posting those pictures. Brings back memories of when I used to read comic books on a more consistent basis and of the 90s. I agree with posters on here thinking that MCU heroes like the Hulk, Thor, Nick Fury, War Machine, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Wasp, and the Guardians of the Galaxy are sort of on their way out. A lot of them have been in the movies and shows for a decade now and are getting a little bit old (I was shocked at how much slower Samuel Jackson was in Captain Marvel than in Avengers 1). But I like that Marvel Studios now have characters that can replace them. This was not the case in the 90s. I think the live-action stuff will do a better job of passing torches than the comic books have. I also agree with Feige's decision to focus on the characters ALREADY in the MCU and not bringing in so many new ones too quickly. They each have fanbases of varying sizes and I think these actors/actresses deserve chances at the spotlight just as much as the performers playing "A-list" characters. Now, I DON'T see ATJ coming back. They're just too many obstacles to his return as Quicksilver at this point (in my opinion). Evan could easily return, BUT he WON'T be Wanda's brother. And that to me, sort of diminishes my interest in seeing another Quicksilver come back. I like the Maximoffs AS TWINS. For them to be separated would just suck so hard for me. That's why I have a feeling Tommy will sort of be the "new" Pietro.

baumblume

In Quicksilver #12 by John Ostrander
    In a battle with Exodus and Man-Beast, Quicksilver was taken down and captured. Quicksilver somehow channeled the powers of Magneto and used his magnetism to break free of his chains.

baumblume

Marvel Comics gave Quicksilver his own magnetism control powers like his father, Magento that is canon. While he was chained in the depths of the castle on Mount Wundergore, a man in a cloak approached him and asked him to take action. After refusing to help, mysterious The figure tells Quicksilver that he is the son of Magneto And that his power “flows into your body.” Quicksilver grits his teeth as the voice tells him to harness Magneto’s powers – leading him to break free from the chains.

Magneto Marvel Comics Quicksilver Powers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    As you know, I HATE Sony Marvel movies with a burning passion. They are TERRIBLE in my opinion. So it's not like I think Venom is the Citizen Kane of superhero movies at all. I thought it was almost as bad as those Amazing Spider-Man movies. I wasn't thrilled that Venom easily passed Ant-Man and the Wasp's in worldwide grosses (Ant-Man and the Wasp wasn't my favorite MCU film by any means, but it stands head and shoulders above the Sony stuff for me), but it just showed that Venom has got an appeal that those two Avengers don't. I also think it's noteworthy that NORTH AMERICAN audiences PANNED Venom (as well they should in my view), but that movie did really well OUTSIDE of the United States and Canada. Particularly in China.
    I would say it's partially because Venom became more well known to wider audiences through various Spider-Man adaptations, at least in North America. I'm not sure why Venom did so well outside of North America

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Marvel Comics gave Quicksilver his own magnetism control powers like his father, Magento that is canon. While he was chained in the depths of the castle on Mount Wundergore, a man in a cloak approached him and asked him to take action. After refusing to help, mysterious The figure tells Quicksilver that he is the son of Magneto And that his power “flows into your body.” Quicksilver grits his teeth as the voice tells him to harness Magneto’s powers – leading him to break free from the chains.

Magneto Marvel Comics Quicksilver Powers
    When was this?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

It was during Quicksilver 90´s solo series and the character was called Nestor, some had the theory that he was Pietro from the future so he also kind of has time travel habilities but not one has followed this line of narrative since then. It would be interesting if it´s addressed again at some point.

About Venom, well he became well known with Spider-Man Tas back in the 90´s but the movie really did a good job of showing the main elements of the character even without spider-man so the movie was liked and understood for both comic book readers and movie goers, it had a feel of "Men in black" type of story so maybe this helped audiences to like the character.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

baumblume

Quicksilver #12 by John Ostrander

baumblume

Quicksilver10

baumblume

baumblume

Quicksilver #2

baumblume

Quicksilver #6

baumblume

I would say Quicksilver's friends are:

Lorna
    Finesse
    Steve Rogers
    Jean Grey
    Northstar

I think Pietro on a whole gets along a bit better with the x-men than the avengers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    I would say Quicksilver's friends are:

Lorna
    Finesse
    Steve Rogers
    Jean Grey
    Northstar

I think Pietro on a whole gets along a bit better with the x-men than the avengers
    Weren't he and Clint frenemies of sorts?