Page 9 of 110 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    That episode got my so hype for what's to come. I can't wait until we can discuss it here!
    Discussion about recent episodes are placed under spoiler tags.

spoilers:
    I nearly screamed when I saw the back of his head. The next few episodes are going to be a ride, that’s for sure.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Discussion about recent episodes are placed under spoiler tags.

spoilers:
    I nearly screamed when I saw the back of his head. The next few episodes are going to be a ride, that’s for sure.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I was expecting it and yet I was surprised, it was rare how Wanda still gave him a hug despite knowing he´s not her brother but now things are going to really get out of hand with Vision knowing all this is false
    end of spoilers
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    spoilers:
    I was expecting it and yet I was surprised, it was rare how Wanda still gave him a hug despite knowing he´s not her brother but now things are going to really get out of hand with Vision knowing all this is false
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I have so many questions about this ‘recasting’. Is he a) Fox Quicksilver transplanted to the MCU b) a townie made into Pietro that just happens to look like Evan Peters c) Mephisto pretending to be Pietro but unable to look like Aaron Taylor Johnson for whatever reason d) ???
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I have so many questions about this ‘recasting’. Is he a) Fox Quicksilver transplanted to the MCU b) a townie made into Pietro that just happens to look like Evan Peters c) Mephisto pretending to be Pietro but unable to look like Aaron Taylor Johnson for whatever reason d) ???
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don´t think he´s a recast of Quicksilver for the MCU because Wanda clearly doesn´t see him as her brother I am between

a) Him being from the Fox universe and Wanda brought him to her home subconsciously.
    b) He´s really Mephisto.

XD if he ends being Fox Quicksilver and somehow Wanda brings his Dad(Fassbender Magneto) too, poor Vision will just lose his mind dealing with Wanda, Peter, the Twins and Magneto at the same time living in his house
    end of spoilers
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    spoilers:
    I don´t think he´s a recast of Quicksilver for the MCU because Wanda clearly doesn´t see him as her brother I am between

a) Him being from the Fox universe and Wanda brought him to her home subconsciously.
    b) He´s really Mephisto.

XD if he ends being Fox Quicksilver and somehow Wanda brings his Dad(Fassbender Magneto) too, poor Vision will just lose his mind dealing with Wanda, Peter, the Twins and Magneto at the same time living in his house
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I would die if they did a Thanksgiving episode based on that one issue of Vision and the Scarlet Witch.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I would die if they did a Thanksgiving episode based on that one issue of Vision and the Scarlet Witch.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Me too this series just calls for that thanksgiving scene with all the family together.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So this says Marvel wanted to bring back Quicksilver, but always meant it to be Evan Peters and not Aaron Taylor-Johnson. I wonder if that had to with the actors, the plot, or both.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So this says Marvel wanted to bring back Quicksilver, but always meant it to be Evan Peters and not Aaron Taylor-Johnson. I wonder if that had to with the actors, the plot, or both.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think the reason why ATJ wasn't brought back is because the show wants to emphasize that death is permanent in the MCU. The last episode talked EXTENSIVELY about death and it would have been weird if she brought back Ultron's Pietro just after telling her sons that you can't resurrect folks after they've died. Now, I'm still holding out hope that when they explore Wanda's origins in a future episode, that they can bring ATJ back in a flashback sequence. Because I think after WandaVision, neither Quicksilver and Vision are coming back.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-09-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    spoilers:
    I think the reason why ATJ wasn't brought back is because the show wants to emphasize death is permanent in the MCU. The last episode talked EXTENSIVELY about death and it would have been weird if she brought back Ultron's Pietro after telling her sons that you can't resurrect folks after they've died. Now, I'm still holding out hope that when they explore Wanda's origins in a future episode, that they can bring ATJ back in a flashback sequence. Because I think after WandaVision, neither Quicksilver and Vision are coming back.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Probably the sad truth. Because Jac said this is a story about dealing with grief and working through it. Wanda will have to find the strength to live without the ones she lost.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    spoilers:
    Probably the sad truth. Because Jac said this is a story about dealing with grief and working through it. Wanda will have to find the strength to live without the ones she lost.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that's what I think this series is all about. Kind of mature for a MCU project to tell you the truth. But I think it's time they did something like this. Previous Marvel Studios movies are just too blasé about trauma in my opinion. I love the light-hearted and humorous nature of the MCU as a whole, but I don't think their storytelling is nearly as emotional as it could be. They're basically like less violent and quippier versions of the James Bond, Mission Impossible and John Wick franchises. I'm glad WandaVision is tackling more serious issues head on without getting too grimdark. Look, I thought the Quicksilver reveal was so COOL and I like that they're honoring Pietro in some way here, but you have to admit Wanda's and Vision's argument must be one of the best parts of the MCU so far. Very believable. Didn't feel like they were superheroes in that moment at all. I never thought I'd see the day when a male superhero would admit to his lady partner that he was frightened (I can't imagine Stark, Rogers, Thor, Strange, and T'Challa ever doing that). I don't mind that Wanda and Vision are having problems in their relationship. It just makes it more realistic and we know that they'll patch things up eventually. Again, I LOVE that A Quicksilver is showing up in WandaVision, but I'm a bit bummed that it sort of overshadowed Wanda's and Vision's "fight". Definitely looked like each of them was a little bit heartbroken in that instant. And yes, I believe WandaVision is handling their romance in a much healthier way than in the comics. It's been so much fun to watch thus far.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-09-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that's what I think this series is all about. Kind of mature for a MCU project to tell you the truth. But I think it's time they did something like this. Previous Marvel Studios movies are just too blasé about trauma in my opinion. I love the light-hearted and humorous nature of the MCU as a whole, but I don't think they're storytelling is nearly as emotional as it could be. They're basically like less violent and quippier versions of the James Bond, Mission Impossible and John Wick franchises. I'm glad WandaVision is tackling more serious issues head on without getting too grimdark. Look, I thought the Quicksilver reveal was so COOL and I like that they're honoring Pietro in some way here, but you have to admit Wanda's and Vision's argument must be one of the best parts of the MCU so far. Very believable. Didn't feel like they were superheroes in that moment at all. I never thought I'd see the day when a male superhero would admit to his lady partner that he was frightened (I can't imagine Stark, Rogers, Thor, Strange, and T'Challa ever doing that). I don't mind that Wanda and Vision are having problems in their relationship. It just makes it more realistic and we know that they'll patch things up eventually. Again, I LOVE that A Quicksilver is showing up in WandaVision, but I'm a bit bummed that it sort of overshadowed Wanda's and Vision's "fight". Definitely looked like each of them was a little bit heartbroken in that instant. And yes, I believe WandaVision is handling their romance in a much healthier way than in the comics. It's been so much fun to watch thus far.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I don't think there was another way they could do a Wanda story, because her whole life was really tragic.

Yes I am really liking Wanda and Vision relationship, in the comics I never quite got the appeal for that ship but the series is doing a good job of showing why they work as a couple and the situation they are is generating so many moments of understanding, I am loving Vision and his reaction as someone who loves his wife but can´t agree with what she´s doing no matter how much he loves her it´s quite realistic and heartbreaking and we are just like him, hoping there´s something else going on and Wanda still being ambigous about what´s really happening, she obviously knows more than she´s telling but will not share it for fear of losing what she already has. This is wanda´s story but the pov we are given is Vision´s. Such a nice and great way of doing storytelling. I will miss this series once it´s done.

They made Vision more charming in the MCU and the relationship doesn't have the bitterness and dark weight that the comics one has.