Page 96 of 110 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1641
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    X-Men Beginnings?
    The official name for the blu-ray set containing FC, DOFP and Apocalypse. It's a nice name for that saga.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    I personally think this ended up being more heart-breaking than the scene where a brown-haired Husk is left to die from this cross-over. You should post this in the "Emotional/Powerful moments" thread.

baumblume

Why Quicksilver Is Much More Powerful Than You Think

all I'm hearing is that Magneto controls magnetic fields and Quicksilver controls gravitational fields. that's kind of a cool unintentional genetic thing right???

baumblume

baumblume

Pietro and his relationship with his father is my favorite dynamic in the Magnet Family. Magneto is a terrible father, and honestly the amount of fanon I see where “Erik is a good dad & Charles sucks” always makes me what to say “you know he used his own kids as child soldiers right? They were teens at the time so even if he didn’t know they were his kids he still recruited teenagers”. Erik isn’t any better than Charles. Also he literally killed his own son in a fit of rage. So Erik saying “we are blood, you have to forgive me” and Pietro going “nah, I gave you a chance once” is really good, because blood doesnt make family, family can be who you choose.

baumblume

baumblume

Last edited by baumblume; 10-03-2021 at 06:46 AM.

baumblume

Pietro has a lot of issues, and he shouldn’t be blamed for everything wrong in Wanda’s life but he always is.

You see I’m all for the Twins helping each other out and going through therapy and speaking to each other in a healthy way, but to say “Wanda wasn’t rejecting Pietro/calling him a sociopath” is something I wish didn’t happen, and I would be fine ignoring canon because I do that A LOT but taken in context with canon, it just shows another mark in the “Pietro gets the blame” tally. Pietro gets the blame a lot in the comics. Wanda does reject him, she does it in a way that she knows will hurt him.

Wanda is never blamed for anything wrong between the twins, she is always seen as the good sister, the light twin, the better twin. Pietro himself thinks this too, he thinks Wanda’s life is far more important than his own, her safety, her happiness. He is always putting her first and he thinks without her, his life is incomplete. He has unhealthy co dependency issues, which Wanda also had but grew out of it when she connected to other people. Pietro doesn’t connect to others as easily as Wanda, so it’s why he still clings to her.

The one time they actually and truly really had differing opinions that they didn’t work out was about her relationship with Vision and he has the right to not like Vision! But instead of people going, “oh well I guess that’s his feelings”, Pietro was mind r*ped into a “better attitude”. Pietro has a lot of issues, and he shouldn’t be blamed for everything wrong in Wanda’s life but he always is.

You see I’m all for the Twins helping each other out and going through therapy and speaking to each other in a healthy way, but to say “Wanda wasn’t rejecting Pietro/calling him a sociopath” is something I wish didn’t happen, and I would be fine ignoring canon because I do that A LOT but taken in context with canon, it just shows another mark in the “Pietro gets the blame” tally. Pietro gets the blame a lot in the comics. Wanda does reject him, she does it in a way that she knows will hurt him.

Wanda is never blamed for anything wrong between the twins, she is always seen as the good sister, the light twin, the better twin. Pietro himself thinks this too, he thinks Wanda’s life is far more important than his own, her safety, her happiness. He is always putting her first and he thinks without her, his life is incomplete. He has unhealthy co dependency issues, which Wanda also had but grew out of it when she connected to other people. Pietro doesn’t connect to others as easily as Wanda, so it’s why he still clings to her.

The one time they actually and truly really had differing opinions that they didn’t work out was about her relationship with Vision and he has the right to not like Vision! But instead of people going, “oh well I guess that’s his feelings”, Pietro was mind r*ped into a “better attitude”.So Wanda confronting Pietro is not something I want to see unless Wanda also owns up and is confronted for how she treated Pietro too.

Both of the twins have a lot of issues and history between them so they have a lot to work out.

baumblume

Everyone except Pietro had given up on Wanda, even Erik

This is why the Scarlet Witch solo calling Pietro a sociopath is also bad. Just blaming a person who was always trying to protect a person he loved and not in a controlling way. It was a desperate attempt to save his family but he gets blamed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

baumblume

House of M is the absolute worst character assassination for the Maximoff Twins.

Is the world of HOM interesting? It sure as hell is! Like a world where Mutants rule and my fave Magnet Family is royalty, I love it. BUT it would have worked better as an alternate universe, not what it was. A few reasons why:

- Demonizing Wanda, making a poc (Romani Jewish) woman the villain (like I haven’t seen that before, seriously BMB fck you thanks for continuing that trend.) because she just cannot handle her fragile womanly feelings of remembering kids that she lost ages ago. Making her a woman who is unable to handle power and must be put down by the people who love her Dark Phoenix rehash anyone? Anyone care for another Dark Phoenix? AND also not to mention having white men say: “You are an unfit mother, you cannot have your kids”. Like I know this is a fictional world but the real world implications of sterilizing poc women or taking away their kids is something one has to consider when writing crap like that. So yeah, this event literally hurts Wanda’s character for decades after, and it won’t ever be forgotten, and let’s not forget to mention all the mutants affected by this.

- Magneto killed Quicksilver. He literally kills his own son in cold blood. So many people forget that Pietro DIED by his father’s hand.

Now I love the whole Magnet Family but facts is facts, Mags has mellowed out a lot but he still killed his own son.

- Pietro is wrong because he didn’t want Wanda to be killed by the people he thought were their friends? ok then. yeah that makes sense. it does not make sense

So yeah, House of M is bad and it hurt the Maximoff Twins for years after but it’s ok now! We can just blame Doctor Doom because Marvel needed to use ANOTHER Romani character as a scapegoat to absolve Wanda of her “sins”.

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

Pietro only seems fast, but in reality he is manipulating the magnetic fields in a way that is far different than his father, where he pulls himself along at astonishing speeds, his body is built to withstand him moving his body at such speeds. Like Magneto is a sledgehammer with his power, its all strength, but Pietro is more like a scalpel and its finer tuned, so fine tuned to the point that he doesn’t even know he is doing it, and just thinks he is a speedster. Also there was one time in the Quicksilver solo where he broke metal chains.

baumblume

think if Pietro were a girl, fandom would not treat him being Magneto’s obviously least liked child as being a funny joke.

Yeah because abuse against men it’s funny or something.

Like yeah I laugh with some of the jokes but honestly I don’t feel like people really understand the relationship between those two, it’s beyond some funny lines to mock, Magneto has abused Pietro physically, psychologically and emotionally for years since their first interaction. Erik may love his children but that doesn’t matter if his actions are like that (I would include panels but I don’t have any in my phone).

I’ve seen people acting like Pietro’s resentment and distrust against his father is an exaggeration and I really believe that people is stuck with the most recent comics and doesn’t know a shit about Pietro. Magneto literally made him and his sister be his soldiers when they were teenagers, orphans teenagers that didn’t have another place to go, he abused them there knowing well they couldn’t leave! It’s canon the he made people attack them when they were sleeping as a way of “training” (they had orders to not harm them but the twins didn’t know that). He tried to use a teenager Wanda to seduce Namor and make him join his Brotherhood, Namor ended up rejecting him because he couldn’t stand someone being so shitty to his subordinates, specially a lady. Then when they left he kidnapped them and on panel physically abused Pietro, when we were in the arc that would reveal the twin’s parents to learn the truth he attacked Bova, the sweet cow lady that is a maternal figure for the Maximoff. After discovering the truth he didn’t become any better, taking Pietro to Genosha and then not giving a fuck when he was in mortal danger because he was a “bad son”.

During the House of M storyline Pietro went to him and begged for his help because Wanda was in danger and Erik did nothing! He fought against the heros for his damn cause uncountable times but to save his daughter his was a pussy? And when Pietro and Wanda gave the son of a bitch the perfect world he wanted and the truth was exposed Erik killed his own son! Why? Because the heros were blaming him for this bullshit! Erik killed Pietro for his reputation?!

And this is only the 616 universe, don’t make me start with canon AUs (like Ultimates or Noir) or the cartoons, where mostly the abuse is repeated, specially in context where Mags is the one that raised him.

Also I have to be honest I don’t feel Magneto is that better with Wanda or Lorna, it’s just his bullshit with Pietro is quite constant and more explored and usually more physical and direct, but he has been pretty shitty with his daughters too.

baumblume

Quicksilver by Carmine Di Giandomenico