Page 97 of 110 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1641
    baumblume

baumblume

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    House of M is the absolute worst character assassination for the Maximoff Twins.

Is the world of HOM interesting? It sure as hell is! Like a world where Mutants rule and my fave Magnet Family is royalty, I love it. BUT it would have worked better as an alternate universe, not what it was. A few reasons why:

- Demonizing Wanda, making a poc (Romani Jewish) woman the villain (like I haven’t seen that before, seriously BMB fck you thanks for continuing that trend.) because she just cannot handle her fragile womanly feelings of remembering kids that she lost ages ago. Making her a woman who is unable to handle power and must be put down by the people who love her Dark Phoenix rehash anyone? Anyone care for another Dark Phoenix? AND also not to mention having white men say: “You are an unfit mother, you cannot have your kids”. Like I know this is a fictional world but the real world implications of sterilizing poc women or taking away their kids is something one has to consider when writing crap like that. So yeah, this event literally hurts Wanda’s character for decades after, and it won’t ever be forgotten, and let’s not forget to mention all the mutants affected by this.

- Magneto killed Quicksilver. He literally kills his own son in cold blood. So many people forget that Pietro DIED by his father’s hand.

Now I love the whole Magnet Family but facts is facts, Mags has mellowed out a lot but he still killed his own son.

- Pietro is wrong because he didn’t want Wanda to be killed by the people he thought were their friends? ok then. yeah that makes sense. it does not make sense

So yeah, House of M is bad and it hurt the Maximoff Twins for years after but it’s ok now! We can just blame Doctor Doom because Marvel needed to use ANOTHER Romani character as a scapegoat to absolve Wanda of her “sins”.

I don’t think Wanda or Quicksilver are classified as being Jewish since one inherits their Jewishness from their mother and iirc the twins’ mother wasn’t Jewish.

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

Avengers Vs Kang commission by John Byrne. 2012.

baumblume

Anybody else not understand why Agatha couldn't make Pietro look like ATJ when she could morph bugs into birds?:

baumblume

I almost feel like with all the Pietro-centric stuff I’ve been posting, people might get the impression that I’m anti-Wanda. I’m not; Wanda is an incredible character with a highly complex and sympathetic backstory. I just hate the fact that most writers tend to butcher Pietro’s character and his relationship with his sister in favor of her.

I love Wanda too, but when it comes to the twins everyone always seems to downplay Pietro’s importance in their sibling relationship to make Wanda more powerful. Like they think if Wanda doesn’t lean on her brother for support then it makes her a stronger woman. I think the strongest thing to do is ask for help. They are twins who have a very close bond and rather than always making them fight/blame one another it would be better to show them helping each other. The best stories are when Pietro and Wanda acknowledge each other’s importance and love as they support one another in my opinion. Also alot of people seem to forget that Pietro was the one who wanted to be an Avenger but the minute Wanda said she didn’t think it would work he was willing to leave for her. Pietro also wanted to leave the brotherhood because he knew it was wrong but stayed for Wanda’s sake because they love and support one another. Sorry for the long post I just really love the twins and wish writers would see they don’t need to make Wanda crazy to make her interesting.

baumblume

All I want is a Quicksilver comic with his daughter Luna. Like he is trying to raise her as a single father and be a hero at the same time. With cameos The xmen.

Ultimate Member

I almost feel like with all the Pietro-centric stuff I’ve been posting, people might get the impression that I’m anti-Wanda. I’m not; Wanda is an incredible character with a highly complex and sympathetic backstory. I just hate the fact that most writers tend to butcher Pietro’s character and his relationship with his sister in favor of her.

I love Wanda too, but when it comes to the twins everyone always seems to downplay Pietro’s importance in their sibling relationship to make Wanda more powerful. Like they think if Wanda doesn’t lean on her brother for support then it makes her a stronger woman. I think the strongest thing to do is ask for help. They are twins who have a very close bond and rather than always making them fight/blame one another it would be better to show them helping each other. The best stories are when Pietro and Wanda acknowledge each other’s importance and love as they support one another in my opinion. Also alot of people seem to forget that Pietro was the one who wanted to be an Avenger but the minute Wanda said she didn’t think it would work he was willing to leave for her. Pietro also wanted to leave the brotherhood because he knew it was wrong but stayed for Wanda’s sake because they love and support one another. Sorry for the long post I just really love the twins and wish writers would see they don’t need to make Wanda crazy to make her interesting.
    Well, comics often have the problem of making women need men or else they're either crazy or super serious, so I can see why fans might be reticent about her being too dependent on a man. Still, it's her brother, and I agree they should generally have a good relationship with one another.

All I want is a Quicksilver comic with his daughter Luna. Like he is trying to raise her as a single father and be a hero at the same time. With cameos The xmen.
    I think there should also be some Avengers and Inhumans cameos, to rebuild his connection to the Avengers as well. He should be one of those characters who can be on both teams, in different capacities. But I think there should generally be more cooperation between both teams.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 10-03-2021 at 10:50 AM.

Kewl Kostumes!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

baumblume

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

If anything I would think that Pietro on his own would be something to reckon with given that his speed can make punches more painful with the added force of his full weight and speed behind it. I'm surprised that he hasn't been given more of a Flash like treatment in regard to how to use him as there is a lot you can do with his powers.