Page 99 of 110 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1641
    Spectacular Member

I don’t even care about movies or anything. I just want him in the comics because that’s where it matters to me. The comics are like prime

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Pietro was done dirty. Unfortunately Marvel seems happy with that. I can only hope they let him appear in cartoons or games in the future.
    Sure Marvel done Pietro wrong. But they had AMPLE opportunities to use him again after AoU, and yet they did NOTHING with ATJ's version. Not even What If used him. So that gets me thinking that Marvel Studios is more invested in TOMMY's future. I mean, they could kill HIM off quickly as well, but I think Disney definitely sees the potential in speedsters now after Fietro's appearance in WandaVision. And I don't think the MCU wants to separate ANOTHER set of twins again.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Sure Marvel done Pietro wrong. But they had AMPLE opportunities to use him again after AoU, and yet they did NOTHING with ATJ's version. Not even What If used him. So that gets me thinking that Marvel Studios is more invested in TOMMY's future. I mean, they could kill HIM off quickly as well, but I think Disney definitely sees the potential in speedsters now after Fietro's appearance in WandaVision. And I don't think the MCU wants to separate ANOTHER set of twins again.
    Tommy is just a pietro clone

MCU is dead for me.

xmen Peter was done dirty.

baumblume

'it is important to establish how Pietro Maximoff felt the first time he saw the New York City skyline' is a very specific sort of niche but I'm thankful you guys support me writing it -- hope you'll pick the book up!

Saladin Ahmed

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post

'it is important to establish how Pietro Maximoff felt the first time he saw the New York City skyline' is a very specific sort of niche but I'm thankful you guys support me writing it -- hope you'll pick the book up!

Saladin Ahmed
    This is indeed a great panel.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Tommy is just a pietro clone

MCU is dead for me.

xmen Peter was done dirty.
    Tommy is not. He has a different personality than Pietro typically has. They just decided to make Fox Peter more like Tommy for some reason.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

What indicates that they are more invested in Tommy is that they are building up to Young Avengers. Possibly for next phase. But Tommy in comics was not primarily featured after a time. He became less of a presence in that team and then just outright was removed and not seen for a number of years. So there is no telling how the MCU will handle him. I hope better. Because both Pietro and Tommy have been done dirty at times.

I also think FOX Pietro was done dirty. Disney could have totally used Evan Peters down the line to play some other character. I think he's a pretty good actor and they squandered the opportunity to make him a bigger part of the MCU. I'm not familiar enough with the Young Avengers to compare Tommy to Pietro. All I'm saying is that Marvel Studios has a Maximoff speedster they can work with right now who is very much alive and his name is Tommy. Apparently he's not a major player in the comics like his uncle was. That's why I believe they'll give Tommy some Pietro storylines to work with in the future. It's not an approach I prefer personally, but at least that'll keep Tommy in the MCU for a lot longer than Pietro's time in it.

I also think FOX Pietro was done dirty. Disney could have totally used Evan Peters down the line to play some other character. I think he's a pretty good actor and they squandered the opportunity to make him a bigger part of the MCU. I'm not familiar enough with the Young Avengers to compare Tommy to Pietro. All I'm saying is that Marvel Studios has a Maximoff speedster they can work with right now who is very much alive and his name is Tommy. Apparently he's not a major player in the comics like his uncle was. That's why I believe they'll give Tommy some Pietro storylines to work with in the future. It's not an approach I prefer personally, but at least that'll keep Tommy in the MCU for a lot longer than Pietro's time in it.
    I don't think they will because Pietro's storylines involved getting married, having a kid, joining X-Factor... Tommy is obviously being set up for Young Avengers.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I really could not get into either. FOX seemed more catered to the Evo crowd and The Marvel was sort of like cardboard and he did not have the classic Pietro appearance. I would have liked perhaps a more tame version of his fly away hair, to keep the giggling at bay. In appearance he looked closer to later Ultimate appearances. Despite that, I may be the only one but I think the Fox one was more interesting and entertaining as a whole. At least that one had attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I really could not get into either. FOX seemed more catered to the Evo crowd and The Marvel was sort of like cardboard and he did not have the classic Pietro appearance. I would have liked perhaps a more tame version of his fly away hair, to keep the giggling at bay. In appearance he looked closer to later Ultimate appearances. Despite that, I may be the only one but I think the Fox one was more interesting and entertaining as a whole. At least that one had attitude.
    No, you're definitely not the only one. I'd say your position is actually the majority one. And by quite a bit too. I liked Peters's work in WandaVision and he did a great job. His personality was more interesting and entertaining (because he was allowed to act that way). But to me, he's not Wanda's brother. I think after WandaVision, Wanda is going to forget about MCU Pietro. Vision, Billy and Tommy are the main people who matter to her now. Wish it wasn't the case, but Marvel seems pretty determined to put ATJ's Pietro in the rearview mirror, unfortunately.

I don't think they will because Pietro's storylines involved getting married, having a kid, joining X-Factor... Tommy is obviously being set up for Young Avengers.
    Tommy will definitely be a Young Avenger. But they could EASILY incorporate Pietro's storylines as his. He could marry Crystal and be Luna's dad. And he could be heavily involved with the Inhumans in the future and join X-Factor later on. This is highly unlikely as you say, but I wouldn't rule it out at all. I have done some research on the Young Avengers. Looked up Iron Lad after the Loki series. I'm more convinced than ever that Ironheart will be a hybrid of Ironheart and Iron Lad from the comic books now. Just like MCU Sylvie is loosely based on both Lady Loki and the Enchantress from the comic books. I think these amalgamations of characters make TOTAL sense to me. Disney doesn't have to pay SO many actors/actresses and add too many characters as the MCU expands into the future. Like I mentioned before, I really don't care if the MCU deviates from the comic books. Just as long as they stay true to the spirit and essence of the characters and storylines, I'm fine with it. To me, MCU Pietro will live on in MCU Tommy.

Tommy will definitely be a Young Avenger. But they could EASILY incorporate Pietro's storylines as his. He could marry Crystal and be Luna's dad. And he could be heavily involved with the Inhumans in the future and join X-Factor later on. This is highly unlikely as you say, but I wouldn't rule it out at all. I have done some research on the Young Avengers. Looked up Iron Lad after the Loki series. I'm more convinced than ever that Ironheart will be a hybrid of Ironheart and Iron Lad from the comic books now. Just like MCU Sylvie is loosely based on both Lady Loki and the Enchantress from the comic books. I think these amalgamations of characters make TOTAL sense to me. Disney doesn't have to pay SO many actors/actresses and add too many characters as the MCU expands into the future. Like I mentioned before, I really don't care if the MCU deviates from the comic books. Just as long as they stay true to the spirit and essence of the characters and storylines, I'm fine with it. To me, MCU Pietro will live on in MCU Tommy.
    No absolutely not. Tommy for one has a boyfriend. So let's not even entertain that. Crystal is likely not gonna be reintroduced into the MCU. They had the failed Inhumans show. Nothing else has even been rumored. Tommy is also likely gonna be a teenager in YA. We have no idea if RiRi will be a part of it or if there will be another version of Kang in the Iron Lad suit. Kang has already been introduced. Ironheart is getting a Disney+ series but there is no ETA quite yet on it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Tommy is not Pietro and he never will be, there´s no reason at all to mix their two stories, they are completely different characters and that way they should and definitely will stay on the MCU, if Feige doesn´t truly have more use for Pietro or he will just use Peter Maximoff and keep MCU Pietro dead then he will just not tell his story while Tommy will be with the Young Avengers.

Now what I would really like to see is more Pietro in the comics, maybe a solo story to reestrablish the character or appareances on Avengers or X-men.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Tommy is not. He has a different personality than Pietro typically has. They just decided to make Fox Peter more like Tommy for some reason.
    I actually thought MCU Pietro was more comics accurate in terms of personality, at least from what I've read