Page 41 of 120 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I found this post on Twitter. I'm not sure of this is official art for the Robins story. Maybe somebody here knows a better source.
    That's Robin War

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That's Robin War
    Oh thank you. I already wondered why Dick is wearing his old Grayson outfit and why - if Tim Seeley is really the writer - Steph is missing.
    I've never read Robin War and the Robins story mentioned all the Robins sitting together and drinking coffee.

Good thing that this belongs to an old story. It doesn't look like something I'd like to read.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I'm in general not fond of stories where Jason gets captured and/or needs to get rescued by another Batfamily member.
    To be fair, everyone was captured and got rescued by Damian in that story.

Anyway, is pretty neat to see Japanese Toy Stores using the Dark Trinity to advertise Macfarlane's figures

https://twitter.com/garimpeiro_toys/...28198274560001

I'd rather prefer solos for Jason, Tim, Duke and Steph than them being stuck in a Robins story with Dick and Damian.
    Same. In theory, I've always enjoyed the idea of an all Robins book, of the characters all working together and bouncing off one another. Knowing all their personalities and quirks, it would be fun. In theory.

In actual practice though, it's almost always been either Dick and/or Damian (and sometimes Babs) being the only competent heroes of the story whilst everyone else is just tagging along for the ride.
    The characters are popular with the majority of writers, and writers are all bias to their faves, it is what it is. And look, it's definitely fun when it's just the two of them on an adventure, (I'm genuinely surprised that team up book hasn't been made yet) which is why realistically, I'd rather have a team up book with Dick and Damian, where I'm all but guaranteed that the writer will give them love, rather than an all Robins book. But conceptually and idealistically, I'd most certainly love to have an all Robins series where I can be sure all the characters will shine and get their moment in the sun, but that has yet to ever actually happen despite how many countless team ups we've seen in this decade alone, and considering that whilst launching into this new era, no other bats besides Dick and Damian have their own solos at the moment, it makes me doubt that the tides will be changing any time soon.

Speaking of Duke though, I think he might do well in a series with Tim and Steph, maybe even Jason. I liked his interactions with Cassandra in Outsiders, but I think he struggled to shine next to Cassandra. Cass and Damian (and to some degree Babs) are kind of similar since they're the kind of characters that almost always have to be the 'best' most 'awesome' and/or 'capable' person in any room, (albeit Cass to a lesser degree these days) but this can be extremely suffocating for other characters who really need a moment to shine, like Duke did. A Tim and Duke book sounds like it could have potential, perhaps a writer could play with their intellect as a detective duo? Or perhaps the overlapping themes surrounding their characters, the Robin who became a beacon for Batman, and the vigilante/not robin who became a beacon for Gotham? I don't know. The radio silence about Tim lately has been disheartening to say the least.
    Last edited by RedBird; 04-03-2021 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Speaking of Gotham Nights, I remember really liking the story with Jason and Dick investigating that murder.

The "Five Little Robins" one was fine.
    I suppose we can consider the 'five little robins' story a taste of what's to come from the Robin pitch, assuming that Seeley is in fact the writer.

And yeah, I also liked the Gotham Nights story with Dick and Jason investigating. It was simple, and leaned a little into the responsible leader vs wild card parts of Dick and Jason, but just enough to be humorous and fun, without unnecessarily simplifying the character too much. Otherwise I really liked how it flipped the script a little and had the 'scary' Red Hood taking the communicative task (talking with the wrongfully accused) and had the 'nice' Nightwing taking the threatening approach (striking fear into the actual criminal).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Speaking of Duke though, I think he might do well in a series with Tim and Steph, maybe even Jason.
    Don't know, I still feel like Tim and Duke are to similar to have them in the same book for a longer run.

I mean a one shot could work, but If you put together in an ongoing they would imo feel kind of redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Cass and Damian (and to some degree Babs) are kind of similar since they're the kind of characters that almost always have to be the 'best' most 'awesome' and/or 'capable' person in any room, (albeit Cass to a lesser degree these days) but this can be extremely suffocating for other characters who really need a moment to shine, like Duke did.
    I think with Barbara you have this problem mostly when you team her up with the Robins. I guess for some reason they don't want her to be less capable at anything than a male character I guess (and for her to get rescued by another character seems to be an absolute no go).

In Birds of Prey that was never really a problem.

Don't know, I still feel like Tim and Duke are to similar to have them in the same book for a longer run.

I mean a one shot could work, but If you put together in an ongoing they would imo feel kind of redundant.

I think with Barbara you have this problem mostly when you team her up with the Robins. I guess for some reason they don't want her to be less capable at anything than a male character I guess (and for her to get rescued by another character seems to be an absolute no go).

or Batgirl. It's funny how the Nightwing book shills for Babs while the Batgirl book shills for Dick when it comes to skill.

I'm not talking about who's in distress, I'm talking that when Nightwing is Brainwashed and Crazy, Babs view him as dangerous that she needs to be careful, in one instance defeating him with the power of love than skill, while in Nightwing, Babs usually throw around Dick's enemy, or Dick himself.

Oh yeah Red Hood book do that too. The one time they cross they made it so Jason secretly really admires Dick.

Then from Teen Titans, Damian got thrown around by Jason. This one makes sense though.

I don't mind all of these, that if you guest star, the main character shills for you, if they consistent doing it in all titles.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not talking about who's in distress, I'm talking that when Nightwing is Brainwashed and Crazy, Babs view him as dangerous that she needs to be careful, in one instance defeating him with the power of love than skill, while in Nightwing, Babs usually throw around Dick's enemy, or Dick himself.
    Thats one example you had iirc Dick beat Jason and Tim in that issue, but not Barbara, even if she is very likely the weakest fighter of the three.

I don't mind all of these, that if you guest star, the main character shills for you, if they consistent doing it in all titles.
    But it also happened in other occasions.
    In Batman Eternal you had near the end Batman run around and save everybody from the villain they were fighting, only Barbara got to defeat her villain on her own.

Or Three Jokers, Jason was put through a lot of stuff in the story, while Barbara got to hit he Joker in the face with his own camera in the end...

Perhaps, like with anything, I think a writer who can look beyond the surface level similarities could do wonders for a detective duo like this, but to each their own I guess. Personally I could still see Tim and Duke having different approaches to solving a crime, and you still have the stark difference of one being a veteran and the other being a meta. I suppose there's the fear that writers will exaggerate both characters qualities in any given situation to the point they can become caricatures of themselves. But I still see that happen (even more so often) with classic 'wild opposites' team ups anyway.

Yeah, it's why I mentioned that it happens with Babs too, to some degree. Usually with Babs it's in specific circumstances like the one you mentioned, but enough so that it's still noticeable.

Thats one example you had iirc Dick beat Jason and Tim in that issue, but not Barbara, even if she is very likely the weakest fighter of the three.

But it also happened in other occasions.
    In Batman Eternal you had near the end Batman run around and save everybody from the villain they were fighting, only Barbara got to defeat her villain on her own.

Or Three Jokers, Jason was put through a lot of stuff in the story, while Barbara got to hit he Joker in the face with his own camera in the end...
    No, not that one. The other one, with the Red Queen. Babs get through him by making him remember their mutual crush... or something.

Oh I know. I wish it's more consistent. Then it will be acceptable.

I FINALLY DID IT! I've read all From Now On chapters (by little_wayward_bird) that have been published so far. 52 chapters with 473165 words altogether. What a roller coaster. I guess that there aren't that many chapters left. At least it feels like we are in the middle of the aftermath of the final showdown.

In contrast, I didn't expect Give Thanks to Broken Bones by thepartyresponsible to end with chapter 32. It makes sense - but it still feels a little sudden ... and sad (I was so invested in that story).

Next, I'll read When Life Gives You Lemons, You Give Life C4 by PlayerOne_923 (as recommended by Jackalope89 a while ago).

On a different note, I found more Jason Todd Zine artworks.

Javechan

Unmoving

Moths

Last edited by Sergard; 04-05-2021 at 03:50 AM.

Are those fan-fic comics you've read @Sergard?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Or the same mad guy rigging the poll voting restlessly with some kind of VPN bot .

But I'm guessing some folks in several social media are just sincerely voting for that pitch because they want to read it.
    The thing with voting on social media, a lot of people could simply random vote, just for the sake of clicking on the options.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Are those fan-fic comics you've read @Sergard?
    Those are fanfics, yes (But what do you mean by fanfic "comics"?). Here are the links:

From Now On by little_wayward_bird
    Give Thanks to Broken Bones by thepartyresponsible
    When Life Gives You Lemons, You Give Life C4 by PlayerOne_923
    Last edited by Sergard; 04-06-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Those are fanfics, yes (But what do you mean by fanfic "comics"?). Here are the links:

From Now On by little_wayward_bird
    Give Thanks to Broken Bones by thepartyresponsible
    When Life Gives You Lemons, You Give Life C4 by PlayerOne_923

Yeah, I mean just fan-fic. oops.
    Never tapped into fanfics, perhaps I should try it.

-----------------

Anyways,
    any word on Jason getting/starring in a new book (apart from Urban Legends)?