Page 98 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1797

The only part of Future State I've liked is Jason's. Everything else I either have no interest in, or simply don't like the direction for the characters.

The Titans book, I am a little leery of Jason's portrayal, as it is bordering on that, "every team has an *******" kind of cliche. The rest was overall fine. Nothing great, but it was still entertaining in its own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The only part of Future State I've liked is Jason's. Everything else I either have no interest in, or simply don't like the direction for the characters.

The Titans book, I am a little leery of Jason's portrayal, as it is bordering on that, "every team has an *******" kind of cliche. The rest was overall fine. Nothing great, but it was still entertaining in its own right.
    Have to agree to the T with your part about Titans United. Can this Jason be more try-harder edge and tough guy? God lord. But at least, I guess he has some kind of personality, which is something I can't say for Dick, Kori, Rachel or Gar. It was an ok read, and art was just ok as well. Also, huh, it's kind of obvious that the poor victim-treat guy had some amazo thing going for him. Wouldn't have been better for them to send the team members with powers afar and try to calm him down (without touching him, mind you, lowering his anxiety) with those who don't have any kind of power (Dick and Jason)? Gosh.

I loved Future State Gotham's issue, though. Loved the manga-like art, loved Jason in that. And it has nice action, and the story was nice too. spoilers:
    Gees, the bat team feel lame here, though. Child-like, even. I hope they get to actually feel smart in the last portion of the story that still remains. Also, GIANT ROBOTS! Aww yeah!
    end of spoilers I'll probably get the trade of this one too.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Oh my god

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Oh my god

I love when memes are used the right way. It was hilarious.

That series is a true gem, and something we've needed. The comments for it range from joyous and supportive, to confused about certain traits, to incels (nuff said about that).

But yeah, this is something that needs to continue for a long time.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This man is so handsome

It's fun seeing these characters in this kind of style.

Also, I'll always say it, but I wouldn't mind the white streak in the main continuity. I think it's a cool design, justification be damned. It's interesting seeing how many artists working on alternative continuities or games think of using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This man is so handsome
    It feels as if Jason were one of the faves of the creative team working in the webcomic. He's just, so, lovable, in a mischievous way. So silly-fun to read.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    It's fun seeing these characters in this kind of style.

Also, I'll always say it, but I wouldn't mind the white streak in the main continuity. I think it's a cool design, justification be damned. It's interesting seeing how many artists working on alternative continuities or games think of using it.
    Same. Much like the "Mortal Kombat costume" that everyone seemed to hate, I think the white streak looks really good on him.

December Solicits and a few from January are out

ROBINS #2
    Written by TIM SEELEY
    Art and cover by BALDEMAR RIVAS
    Variant cover by NICK ROBLES
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 2 of 6 | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 12/21/21
    The former Robins launch into action after the assault at Dick Grayson’s apartment. Not wanting to turn to Batman for help, the five former wonders start to investigate on their own by digging deep into their pasts. But what is their assailant’s connection to the Robin name, and why are they coming after the ex-sidekicks?

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #9
    Written by DENNIS CULVER
    Art by GIANNIS MILONOGIANNIS
    Cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant cover by MIKE BOWDEN
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 1/11/22
    Peacekeeper Red teams up with Hunter Panic to learn the origins of the Next Joker from the only person who seems to have answers: the psychopath Punchline! Can Jason Todd convince her to help in time to stop this deadly new Joker from killing his latest victim? And what will he have to give her to get her to do it?

TASK FORCE Z #3
    Written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    Variant cover by RODOLFO MIGLIARI
    1:25 variant cover by PAMELA HOOGEBOOM
    ON SALE 12/28/21
    There’s no rest for the wicked! Especially if you’re Floyd Lawton, a.k.a. Deadshot. He thought the mission that killed him would be his last, but now he’s been recruited into Task Force Z. But Deadshot’s never liked playing by anyone’s rules...and Red Hood and his would-be team are going to learn that the hard way!

No cover for FS:G #9 and no mention nor appearance of Jason in the Titans United solicits/covers

ROBINS #2
    Written by TIM SEELEY
    ON SALE 12/21/21
    The former Robins launch into action after the assault at Dick Grayson’s apartment. Not wanting to turn to Batman for help, the five former wonders start to investigate on their own by digging deep into their pasts. But what is their assailant’s connection to the Robin name, and why are they coming after the ex-sidekicks?

Written by DENNIS CULVER
    Cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    ON SALE 1/11/22
    Peacekeeper Red teams up with Hunter Panic to learn the origins of the Next Joker from the only person who seems to have answers: the psychopath Punchline! Can Jason Todd convince her to help in time to stop this deadly new Joker from killing his latest victim? And what will he have to give her to get her to do it?

TASK FORCE Z #3
    ON SALE 12/28/21
    There’s no rest for the wicked! Especially if you’re Floyd Lawton, a.k.a. Deadshot. He thought the mission that killed him would be his last, but now he’s been recruited into Task Force Z. But Deadshot’s never liked playing by anyone’s rules...and Red Hood and his would-be team are going to learn that the hard way!

No cover for FS:G #9 and no mention nor appearance of Jason in the Titans United solicits/covers
    Nice! The Robins book could be a nice, fun read with some mystery in. It makes me happy that it seems Jason's going to be a MC in FS: Gotham for longer than I thought; and I don't mind him pairing with Huntress Panic or whatever this version of Mother Panic or Huntress is (she looks cool and interesting). And I'm absolutely looking forward to TFZ; I like Deadshot entering Jason's circle of regular characters too, it seems a good fit to me.

Overall, looking forward to it all.

McFarlane Toys has revealed the Red Hood from Three Jokers

It doesn't look bad but is very obvious they reused most of the sculpt from the Rebirth versions.

Extraordinary Member

ROBINS #2
    Written by TIM SEELEY
    ON SALE 12/21/21

Written by DENNIS CULVER
    Cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    ON SALE 1/11/22

TASK FORCE Z #3
    ON SALE 12/28/21

Fluid has died what 4xs now

Extraordinary Member

McFarlane Toys has revealed the Red Hood from Three Jokers

It doesn't look bad but is very obvious they reused most of the sculpt from the Rebirth versions.
    If they had just gives this design the usual grey chest with a red bat symbol...

I really like it, but the shiny, very dark red material for the helmet makes it look cheap (unironically, since it's there to give it this metallic look).

Otherwise, very nice. Have always been a fan of that design.