Page 78 of 120 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1797
    Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Yeah, it definitely looks like a toy, the Z on the pauldrons doesn't help. Well, hopefully, Barrows cover is an indication of how it will look within the comic itself so it will look less clunky but yeah, I hope he drops the armor soon. Or at least it doesn't stick around as long as the MK costume did. Another curious thing is the lack of guns, paired with the recent ban on guns in figures and I guess the editorial wants to phase out the guns from Jason.

And the zombie scientists are officially named Resurrection Twins.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 07-16-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Why is Jason cosplaying as low rent Deathstroke?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Yeah, it definitely looks like a toy, the Z on the pauldrons doesn't help. Well, hopefully, Barrows cover is an indication of how it will look within the comic itself so it will look less clunky but yeah, I hope he drops the armor soon. Or at least it doesn't stick around as long as the MK costume did. Another curious thing is the lack of guns, paired with the recent ban on guns in figures and I guess the editorial wants to phase out the guns from Jason.

So if the non-Jason members of Task Force Z are working towards a "new life", it does mean they do have a level of sentience. And Jason is along for the ride mainly because he can relate way too well. Plus being trained by some of the best period, as well as being used to operating in more "grey" areas, makes him a really good candidate to lead this group.

Though, I can only assume that Jason would actually pity Astrid, and MAYBE Man-Bat (depending on what the hell they do with him in JL Dark).

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Because there are no good designers at DC left.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #6

Writers: JOSHUA WILLIAMSON and DENNIS CULVER
    Artist: GIANNIS MILONOGIANNIS
    Cover: SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant Cover: ROSE BESCH
    $3.99 US | 32 PGS | B&W | $4.99 US VARIANT (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 10/12/21
    “Hunt the Batman” reaches its penultimate chapter!
    ALL OUT WAR! Jason Todd, now known as PEACEKEEPER RED, must join forces with THE NEXT BATMAN to defeat the NEW supervillain WARMONGER. The only thing standing in their way is every cop and Peacekeeper inside Magistrate Headquarters!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Liefeld Deathstroke? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Liefeld Deathstroke? :P
    It's like some kind of middle ages looking heavy armour. I think the lowD 3D model look doen't help at all, but my guess is that they go for that knight in armour look.

And with that, my Army of Darkness vibes increase. I want Constantine to show up here.

At first glance the costume looks good. It fits the whole zombie apokalypse atmosphere.
    But I need to see Jason in action first for a final verdict.

The bat logo though ... I hope we'll get a good explanation why Jason decided to accept it back.

I like it when Jason uses a variety of weapons. But I would have preferred other choices.
    Last edited by Sergard; 07-17-2021 at 02:59 AM.

I like it alright, at least as a zombie-ready outfit, not one that he's sticking with. I enjoy him looking like a knight, fits him. The main weapon choice is interesting, as well as the lack of guns (hope they're not gone forever just because of toys).

In any case, it's kinda crazy we're actually getting an ongoing with Jason as the main character and that it's got this particular theme. I wonder how long it'll run for, because I wouldn't want Jason tied to zombie/Task Force stories forever. Gotta say, though, I'm excited about this, even if just to see him with a helmet back lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The bat logo though ... I hope we'll get a good explanation why Jason decided to accept it back.
    Since this will reflect on the Cheer storyline's events, I assume it's gonna be as simple as Jason and Bruce being in good terms once more, hopefully in a more lasting manner. There's no reason to still be wearing the Outlaw getup and he might as well go back to a more familiar look (this is clearing riffing on Rebirth's outfit, even if it's clearly different).
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 07-17-2021 at 05:07 AM.

Some fan artists drew tarot cards with Jason as subject. Here's the original site (in Korean). A fair warning: This little project was created by fans who like to ship Jason with other men. Many artworks are still aimed at a general audience though.

Sen

JULY27TH

Last edited by Sergard; 07-17-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    I like it alright, at least as a zombie-ready outfit, not one that he's sticking with. I enjoy him looking like a knight, fits him. The main weapon choice is interesting, as well as the lack of guns (hope they're not gone forever just because of toys).

In any case, it's kinda crazy we're actually getting an ongoing with Jason as the main character and that it's got this particular theme. I wonder how long it'll run for, because I wouldn't want Jason tied to zombie/Task Force stories forever. Gotta say, though, I'm excited about this, even if just to see him with a helmet back lmao.
    Agreed, at least the outfit can feel appropriate for the entire premise of the book as opposed to just an arc or two. Thanks to the strange longevity of the MK suit, I get bad dejavu saying something like, it's not my favourite outfit, but it's decent enough. But, in the case of this particular TFZ outfit, with it's thick armor and 'Z' painted onto the shoulder pads, I feel more confident in the idea that this design will be something mainly attached to this book, or at least not continue once the book is wrapped up thanks to how specific it feels to the situation.

Oh it most definitely looks like a toy, and with that sample image featuring what appears to be a 3D model, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a TFZ toy range featuring 'Armoured Red Hood' and 'Zombie Bane' etc within a year or so.
    But if the bulkiness is bothersome, like you mentioned, the Barrows cover looks significantly less bulky and he seems to be doing interiors for (I would assume) at least the first arc, so that's a plus.

Another curious thing is the lack of guns, paired with the recent ban on guns in figures and I guess the editorial wants to phase out the guns from Jason.
    Is the ban only on figures? Cause erasing Jasons pistols from the comics entirely would be disappointing.

Oh, I hadn't taken note of it at first, but I just realised that Jason now has his own version of Red Hood 'batarangs'. Has he ever had his own custom version before, I can't recall.

Also I wonder if the holes in the batarang are just there to reduce friction (i.e. simply an aesthetic choice), or if it has another application and doubles as a makeshift brass knuckle knife.