Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 856
  1. #646
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Also heads up, Bleeding Cool just released another page from issue #2 of Urban Legends that is a massive spoiler connected to the scene in the preview. Seriously, be warned, spoiler.
    I suspect is some sort of nod to...

    spoilers:
    Garzona's situation, escept this time the thing that's not clear is if he killed the dealer or not. I don't think he killed him, but he probably left him in a coma or something. Police would've taken the case seriously if the dealer was killed, and Jason would've ended in... juvies is the word you English speakers use? I guess.
    end of spoilers
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  2. #647
    Astonishing Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I suspect is some sort of nod to...

    spoilers:
    Garzona's situation, escept this time the thing that's not clear is if he killed the dealer or not. I don't think he killed him, but he probably left him in a coma or something. Police would've taken the case seriously if the dealer was killed, and Jason would've ended in... juvies is the word you English speakers use? I guess.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Side note, I have always been surprised as to how no writer has ever brought up the Garzona situation besides that one old Gotham Knights story where Jason and Babs team up. But anyways, this definitely feels like it's more of a set up to bring context to Jason killing Tylers father, another unrepentant drug dealer, ruining the life of a drug addicted mother and her son. Hard to say what happens to the drug dealer here, he very well could be dead, it would contrast with the present scene more, and considering how useless Gothams police force is presented in most stories, even if Catherines drug dealer is dead, it wouldn't surprise me if police just brush it off as a clumsy accident, no need to suspect Jason at all.
    end of spoilers

    Regardless, I'm eager to find out when the book is released.

  3. #648
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    spoilers:
    Side note, I have always been surprised as to how no writer has ever brought up the Garzona situation besides that one old Gotham Knights story where Jason and Babs team up. But anyways, this definitely feels like it's more of a set up to bring context to Jason killing Tylers father, another unrepentant drug dealer, ruining the life of a drug addicted mother and her son. Hard to say what happens to the drug dealer here, he very well could be dead, it would contrast with the present scene more, and considering how useless Gothams police force is presented in most stories, even if Catherines drug dealer is dead, it wouldn't surprise me if police just brush it off as a clumsy accident, no need to suspect Jason at all.
    end of spoilers

    Regardless, I'm eager to find out when the book is released.
    Yeah, it is meant to mirror the present, but, I mean, besides that.

    spoilers:
    I dread Bruce inner monologue, btw. I know I'm going to hate him so, so much. I guess Bruce will be reprimended for his reasoning somehow not much later, maybe by Leslie. Jason too, somehow. I'm genuinely intrigued by the melodama that's to come. But all in all, I know it's going to work well in the end because of* what the previews are pointong at. They seem to kind of team up for Freeze, so somehow they're going to work^ out some issues.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-11-2021 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Mistakes were made
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  4. #649
    Astonishing Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yeah, it is meant to mirror the present, but, I mean, besides that.
    Fair point


    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    spoilers:
    I dread Bruce inner monologue, btw. I know I'm going to hate him so, so much. I guess Bruce will be reprimended for his reasoning somehow not much later, maybe by Leslie. Jason too, somehow. I'm genuinely intrigued by the melodama that's to come. But all in all, I know it's going to work well in the end because what the previews are pointong at. They seem to kind of team up for Freeze, so somehow they're going to worke out some issues.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah it's gonna be rough, though Bruces harsh demeaner has so far been represented as somewhat overboard according to both Alfred and even Barbara to some degree, which seems pretty deliberate. As though Bruce is in for a wake up call or some kind of change of heart? Hard to say for what, or to what extent, but I agree, I too am very intrigued by the melodrama in this story.
    end of spoilers

  5. #650
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Zdarksy is amazing and he’s writing Red Hood so well. So promising.

    I know he doesn’t have anything cooking for Red Hood after UB, but goddam DC, don’t be stupid and offer him the job for Red Hood’s solo.

  6. #651
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,148

    Default

    I see they're doubling down on "Jason was always a rotten apple" angle.

    Meh.

  7. #652
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I see they're doubling down on "Jason was always a rotten apple" angle.

    Meh.
    I'm more annoyed by the article than the spoiler.

    If that's your standard for rotten apple, then everybody in the DC universe is a rotten apple.

  8. #653
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I see they're doubling down on "Jason was always a rotten apple" angle.

    Meh.
    Very arguable.

    spoilers:
    I wouldn't say a kid who pushes some stairs down the dealer adult that towers over him and just attacked him without provocation a moment ago and is probably going to fuck his mom (because he can and ahe needs him) besides slowly, slowly killing her with drugs is rotten. Violent? Sure. Desperate? Absolutely. Vengeful? Probably. Rotten... eh...
    end of spoilers

    Just my opinion. Jason himself seems to think he is, though, by the little inner dialogue boxes we see.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-12-2021 at 08:55 AM.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  9. #654
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Do you guys think

    spoilers:
    "I never had a chance. Not for one second." is a reference to Batman: Second chances?
    end of spoilers

  10. #655
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Do you guys think

    spoilers:
    "I never had a chance. Not for one second." is a reference to Batman: Second chances?
    end of spoilers
    Could be, but it's a very common phrase English as far as I know. Who knows \o/.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  11. #656
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I'm more annoyed by the article than the spoiler.

    If that's your standard for rotten apple, then everybody in the DC universe is a rotten apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Very arguable.

    spoilers:
    I wouldn't say a kid who pushes some stairs down the dealer adult that towers over him and just attacked him without provocation a moment ago and is probably going to fuck his mom (because he can and ahe needs him) besides slowly, slowly killing her with drugs is rotten. Violent? Sure. Desperate? Absolutely. Vengeful? Probably. Rotten... eh...
    end of spoilers

    Just my opinion. Jason himself seems to think he is, though, by the little inner dialogue boxes we see.
    The intent here is what it counts. Even if is just one page, the way is framed and the captions make clear this is meant to be taken as proof that Jason was always broken and being with Bruce only made it worse, that he was never meant to live up to the standards of the Robin mantle. Basically, the exact same nonsense that Johns spewed in Three Jokers.

  12. #657
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The intent here is what it counts. Even if is just one page, the way is framed and the captions make clear this is meant to be taken as proof that Jason was always broken and being with Bruce only made it worse, that he was never meant to live up to the standards of the Robin mantle. Basically, the exact same nonsense that Johns spewed in Three Jokers.
    I disagree, but one sees what one sees in a story. You see that. I see a vulnerable kid, Jason, being in a very bad place and deciding to take action.

    The whole issue is about to be released already. I may be wrong, but I don't thing that's the writers intention at all.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  13. #658
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    4,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The intent here is what it counts. Even if is just one page, the way is framed and the captions make clear this is meant to be taken as proof that Jason was always broken and being with Bruce only made it worse, that he was never meant to live up to the standards of the Robin mantle. Basically, the exact same nonsense that Johns spewed in Three Jokers.
    Or it's a kid lashing out to protect his mom the only way he knows how. As far as I can tell, yes, Jason may have wanted to kill that man, but it was because that man was slowly killing his own mother, and we know for a fact that when he cares about someone, he cares extremely strongly and will go to great length to protect those he cares about.

  14. #659
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,965

    Default

    I would still prefer to get a Jason hunts down a supervcillain story, instead of all this drama.

    And for young Jason to deal with a dealer in a smarter way, than to push him down the stairs.

  15. #660
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I would still prefer to get a Jason hunts down a supervcillain story, instead of all this drama.

    And for young Jason to deal with a dealer in a smarter way, than to push him down the stairs.
    He seems to be 7 or 8. In my experience, no kid at that age can be smart enough to deal with this kind of stuff. I get your point, tough.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •