Page 99 of 120 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1797
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

It helps it a lot that thanks to the reuse of assets from the Rebirth versions, the most blatant Robin elements in the design were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    It helps it a lot that thanks to the reuse of assets from the Rebirth versions, the most blatant Robin elements in the design were removed.
    YES, precisely, forgot to say so. I love the design in the book as is, but getting rid of the most obvious Robin imagery does wonders, him no longer looking like a boy scout (I don't really love how he looks in Get Joker because of that and the lack of helmet).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The Titans book, I am a little leery of Jason's portrayal, as it is bordering on that, "every team has an *******" kind of cliche. The rest was overall fine. Nothing great, but it was still entertaining in its own right.
    He feels kind of like the wolverine of the team, don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #9
    Written by DENNIS CULVER
    Art by GIANNIS MILONOGIANNIS
    Cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant cover by MIKE BOWDEN
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 1/11/22
    Peacekeeper Red teams up with Hunter Panic to learn the origins of the Next Joker from the only person who seems to have answers: the psychopath Punchline! Can Jason Todd convince her to help in time to stop this deadly new Joker from killing his latest victim? And what will he have to give her to get her to do it?

TASK FORCE Z #3
    Written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    Variant cover by RODOLFO MIGLIARI
    1:25 variant cover by PAMELA HOOGEBOOM
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 12/28/21
    There’s no rest for the wicked! Especially if you’re Floyd Lawton, a.k.a. Deadshot. He thought the mission that killed him would be his last, but now he’s been recruited into Task Force Z. But Deadshot’s never liked playing by anyone’s rules...and Red Hood and his would-be team are going to learn that the hard way!
    Future State has been somewhat uneventful but at least consistent, and hey at least it's a series that so far had done right by Jason. This new Joker character has a neat design, and seeing as though Jason will (surprisingly) still be the MC for a little while longer, hopefully this new Joker plot will be able to inject a little more intrigue into the series. The weird Viking villain hasn't been as engaging for me.

And Floyd is joining the Task Force? Neat, that's exactly what I had been asking for a couple months back, he's definately a character that earned his second (third, fourth, fifth....) chance, especially after how the last Suicide Squad ended for him.

For sure, even just removing that lame Robin belt did wonders for the figures appearance.

Oh my god

I've been waiting for this episode to release. Between the A+ meme usage, Bruces tired dad shtick, and Jason still being the cheeky thief, brazen enough to steal from Batman, it's a gem.

Speaking of the Webtoon, apparently there was a recent casting call to voice Jason for the upcoming official dub of the Webtoon comic and Alejandro Saab was chosen for the role.

Here's his announcement tweet and a sample of his voice for Jason.
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-20-2021 at 09:32 AM.

From the artist behind Nightwing's upcoming annual (which will feature Jason afaik):
    @CianTormey

Obviously we've got a lot to draw, but.. Armour sketches are research, right?
    Oh man am I in love with Jason's new look...

E_t5xfMX0AE3gTO.jpg
    Quite like it here. Maybe because it's not as bulky and toy-like as in other renditions and because of this sketch's (lack of) colour: red and white/light gray suits him really well and makes the armour stand out on its own, no longer being a lesser version of Soy's design.

Regardless, I also liked it in Road to TSZ, so I'm fine with the new design. He just needs a jacket or a coat as a permanent addition.

Also: https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...97812191547392
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 09-20-2021 at 02:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Red Hood character fragments is on sale on DC Legends for 6K in-game gold for 3 days. These ^&**$ know I don't have that much and I won't be able to earn 6K gold in 3 days.
    Just Clayface for me then.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    From the artist behind Nightwing's upcoming annual (which will feature Jason afaik):

Quite like it here. Maybe because it's not as bulky and toy-like as in other renditions and because of this sketch's (lack of) colour: red and white/light gray suits him really well and makes the armour stand out on its own, no longer being a lesser version of Soy's design.

Regardless, I also liked it in Road to TSZ, so I'm fine with the new design. He just needs a jacket or a coat as a permanent addition.

Also: https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...97812191547392
    Anytime I read "Armor" in relation with Jason I like the design less. Jason shouldn't use armor, or any bat for that matter, they're supposed to be nimble and acrobatic, full body armor goes against that.

Anytime I read "Armor" in relation with Jason I like the design less. Jason shouldn't use armor, or any bat for that matter, they're supposed to be nimble and acrobatic, full body armor goes against that.
    I guess there's a certain temptation to do that with Jason, as he's usually portrayed as the biggest Robin. Then again, look at Batman and what he wears... I hope the bulky look only stays there for the duration of TFZ, as I also prefer a more streamlined, form-fitting look. During Rebirth he essentially looked like Gray Fox with a jacket and it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    I guess there's a certain temptation to do that with Jason, as he's usually portrayed as the biggest Robin. Then again, look at Batman and what he wears... I hope the bulky look only stays there for the duration of TFZ, as I also prefer a more streamlined, form-fitting look. During Rebirth he essentially looked like Gray Fox with a jacket and it was great.
    Even when Bruce is sporting an armored look (like in the N52), the armor was still form-fitting and didn't look like it impeded his moves in any way. Jason's current armor is being explicitly drawn as bulky, and that is the problem.

Personally, I believe there are three big design elements any costume for Jason should include: the red helmet (motorcycle/Iron man type, not pill-shaped), a leather jacket/sleeveless hoodie, the full getup should look more casual compared to usual superhero fare.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...and-fatherhood

Small article about Bruce's roles as a son and as a father. On one hand, the only sons the article goes into (relative) detail, are Dick, Jason, and Damian. On the other, it keeps hammering the "Jason was Bruce's biggest mistake" narrative.

What happened here? It's surprising to see this thread completely dead.

Anyway, I have said before that I won't comment on the story until it finished and can't say I'm impressed with his take on Jason (which it seems a bit shallow) nor I can say I'm excited for the new series now.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    What happened here? It's surprising to see this thread completely dead.

Anyway, I have said before that I won't comment on the story until it finished and can't say I'm impressed with his take on Jason (which it seems a bit shallow) nor I can say I'm excited for the new series now.
    No news about Jason, and @Serg has disappeared since a month or two ago, so no fanarts either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    If you are reffering to task force Z, Jason feels a little off sofar. It also doesn't feel in line with Urban Legends, were we had Bruce and Jason at good terms in the end.

I'm wondering if the goal of all these is to give Jason an official pardon for his crimes, so that they don't have to deal with the problem of the Batfamily constantly teaming um with a wanted criminal.

I have already read Road to Task Force Z #3. It was a very transitional issue, and, as one would expect from a transitional issue, it's weak. Because besides being transitional, it was also setting the premise in a few panels, a page or two. spoilers:
    It was Ok, though. Also, I don't think it contradicts anything in the Urban Legends story. Bruce and Jason weren't working together, but they weren't at odds. Bruce even tried to help Jason. Think is, as usual, Bruce could've helped Jason a lot more if he had shared the information he has with Jason, instead of, as per usual, ordering him around, expecting him to just follow his directions without any protests. Sharing info with your allies, man, that's key, you know? Of course, that wouldn't help setting the premise for the new story, and would involve Jason in Bruce's own story, which we know it's not going to happen because whatever. I don't want to get mad thinking about how some characters still seem to be put over others. Life's unfair and all that. Also, it seems Jason wants to do things differently, so he didn't kill those thugs, and it seems it's blatant they know he's operating differently for some reason. So, it sort of fits the place Jason was in the last issue of Cheer.
    end of spoilers

I don't know. It was a weak issue, but the previous one, which was way less transitional, was better. I'm still looking forward to TFZ.

Btw, art for the main story (colour and inks) was just as beautiful as always. It's a pity art for the backup isn't that good.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-29-2021 at 02:05 PM.

I completely forgot about RtTF3, and I wish I didn't read it.

That was freaking stupid. And it absolutely goes against the place UL left Jason and Bruce's relationship (and the rest of the other times they have patched things up).

Jason is once again, a hothead that by doing things his way without talking with anyone else, walks straight into a trap. Once again, he refuses to stop and talk with Bruce simply because he can't go past beyond what is in front of him. He is putting a civilian at risk for no good reason and the story shows us that Jason is a lousy detective and a dumb vigilante. The claims that he is a wanted man and whatever are also extremely out of place when he hasn't shown to have committed any crime in years and he isn't doing anything that other bats don't do. More infuriating, the whole Fear State nonsense would've actually tie neatly into this plotline without the need of pulling accusations out of their collective ass to force the plot into the direction they want to go. And if Jason is on such bad terms with Bruce, why the hell would he care about cleaning his reputation? He has never cared about what others think of him or his actions, he only cares for what he believes is right. That is such a poor excuse to justify him joining Task Force. I can't believe that Williamson is the only writer to give him the respect he deserves.

I had low expectations for this and they even managed to miss them.

I'm kinda bummed about your impressions, since I quite enjoyed #2 and, well, this is supposed to sell us on what's going to be Jason's main thing . I'll read it later, but yeah.

Also, I'm very curious about this character by Dexter Soy:
    RED RONIN.jpg

He has the Red Ronin/Red Hood mask, but obviously has a different design than how Soy draws our boy (face is similar, so maybe Jason saw a white streak in his hair, said "**** it" and went all in dying it lol). But yeah, there's the chance that Red Ronin is an original character, which would be weird considering the designs we've seen so far and, well, DC being there: iit's not something I'd see them being fine with. So I'm very curious to see what this project, as it seems it's got a writer even, is. Probably an Elseworlds kind of thing?

Really great design, in any case.

EDIT: there are also two more art pieces (1 and 2), but who knows where they're from.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 09-29-2021 at 01:35 PM.