Page 10 of 120 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t think anybody was honestly expecting to see a Robin solo book. A Batman & Robin book? Possibly. A teen Titans book with a Robin? Sure. But a Robin solo?
    Sure, but does that make a difference? Nightwing and Robin (and Batgirl) are the most popular brands, if any bat characters were to get solos or even a team book they were always going to be a sure bet. But regardless, my point from that statement, was that either of those character having books is not a positive sign or indication that the other bats are to receive books as well.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Sure, but does that make a difference? Nightwing and Robin (and Batgirl) are the most popular brands, if any bat characters were to get solos or even a team book they were always going to be a sure bet. But regardless, my point from that statement, was that either of those character having books is not a positive sign or indication that the other bats are to receive books as well.
    You have a pretty weird criteria to gauge the chances of new books though. Because if I'm understanding right, you will only consider it a positive sign if I dunno, Clownhunter, Signal, or Punchline get their own solos. I find this especially baffling when Jason is arguably, second in popularity only to Nightwing when it comes to Batkids and Damian having a pretty consistent trend of getting shafted by editorial for at least three years by now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    You have a pretty weird criteria to gauge the chances of new books though. Because if I'm understanding right, you will only consider it a positive sign if I dunno, Clownhunter, Signal, or Punchline get their own solos. I find this especially baffling when Jason is arguably, second in popularity only to Nightwing when it comes to Batkids and Damian having a pretty consistent trend of getting shafted by editorial for at least three years by now.
    I think the difference is that Robin as a mantle is far more recognizable than Red Hood, despite Jason's growing popularity. And Damian *is* a very popular character, especially for one so new. Damian, as a kid character, fulfills a particular niche among a younger demographic and has the skills to go solo (and has before). Not to mention a lot of writers are interested in writing him, which is the most important thing.

I literally never said any of that. My statement was not a criteria to gauge the chances of a new books. You argued that it was a criteria for a better chance of having new bat books.

Just because I don't find Nightwing and Robin having books as a sure thing for Red Hood or any other bats, doesn't automatically mean that I'm using it as a criteria and arguing for the opposite of the spectrum, in the form of Signal or Punchline.

I was arguing that there was a lack of correlation between those two ideas in the first place. That a) Nightwing and Robin having books is not an indication that more bat books are coming and b) that Nightwing and Robin having books (whether a solo or team book) is simply a given at this point considering their status as the most popular comic brands next to Batman, and of course despite both experiencing lame arcs in previous books it still doesn't disqualify this fact.
    Last edited by RedBird; 01-14-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

The problem is the last Red Hood comic doesn't really sell good. That makes difficult to think that DC will give another solo to Jason.

Damian in a Robin solo is a new experiment of DC. And they're using a strong brand name.

PS: Damian is also likely more popular than Jason. It's not so clear, but he being Robin and Son of Batman give him a big boost in popularity.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-14-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Well, as the song says, whatever will be, will be. At least I'll get my Zdarsky trade.
    Edit: related, kind of. It still amuses me that, after the multiple resets in the GKs discord role poll, Jason is still going ahead of the others by a reasonable margin.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-14-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Well, yeah it kinda does since a Robin Solo ongoing book is a very different thing from Batman and Robin or Robin and Friends/Team. Sure, we all knew Damian would eventually end up in somebody's book but not many thought he would actually be the lead of his own series.

Well, yeah it kinda does since a Robin Solo ongoing book is a very different thing from Batman and Robin or Robin and Friends/Team. Sure, we all knew Damian would eventually end up in somebody's book but not many thought he would actually be the lead of his own series.
    Williamson has been teasing this book for a while now, especially after his back-ups in Batman and TEC were announced.

I also don't get the surprise, it's not the first time Damian got a solo book.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Well, as the song says, whatever will be, will be. At least I'll get my Zdarsky trade.
    Edit: related, kind of. It still amuses me that, after the multiple resets in the GKs discord role poll, Jason is still going ahead of the others by a reasonable margin.
    I think a "shoot 'em up" style character does appeal to a lot of people in a combat-based game, but among comic book readers that success may not translate 1-1. He's definitely more popular in external media like video games than he is in comics from what I've seen.

Except my initial point was that, there is no surprise in Robin having a book, period. Regardless of whether it was a solo or team book. So the fact that it's a solo doesn't make a difference, I'd have made the same point if it turned out Robin got a team book.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I'm still awaiting the post of Red Hood cosplay and fanart for the Knighthood tag. The Gotham Knights twitter still hasn't posted it, most likely due to the holiday period.

Also Sean Murphy posted another Red Hood tease. I'm having trouble linking it, but it's the fourth image.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I'm still awaiting the post of Red Hood cosplay and fanart for the Knighthood tag. The Gotham Knights twitter still hasn't posted it, most likely due to the holiday period.

Also Sean Murphy posted another Red Hood tease. I'm having trouble linking it, but it's the fourth image.
    It's okay. I got it.

Cheers!

I like that it appears as though Jason is just allowed to have his own unique uniform, surely those Han Solo pants can't be official gear XD

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Except my initial point was that, there is no surprise in Robin having a book, period. Regardless of whether it was a solo or team book. So the fact that it's a solo doesn't make a difference, I'd have made the same point if it turned out Robin got a team book.
    It does make a difference because it's the entire reason this discussion is even happening at all. Nobody would have been surprised to see Damian pop up in Batman/DC/Nightwing or end up in a Batman/Robin or Titans book. The fact that DC didn't do any of those and gave him his own ongoing solo book instead in an era where DC has drastically reduced their monthly output is a pretty significant difference.

Not that I think it impacts Hood's chances of getting a book by years end but I also never really doubted he wouldn't get something anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    It's okay. I got it.

Love the jacket. And the leather gloves. And the bike.