Page 90 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This answer feel weak?
    Falcon
    BlackWidow
    Winter soldier
    Captain America
    Have all uses gun, great toy sales…. I think it will be temporary, especially if Gotham Knight is well received, it’ll be funny when he picks them back up with no explanation
    I hope it's temporary. Not only is it taking away a very familiar aspect of the character, it's not even replacing it with anything meaningful or otherwise logical.

Taking away the dual pistols completely, doesn't even make sense since if the reasoning is just for merch he should still be able to use them in comic story if needed and can just have figures equipped with different weapons, like the recent figure that comes with his All-Blades. And speaking of All-Blades, if we're talking about replacement weapons, why not use them? They are another dual weapon as well, they have been part of Jasons history now for a decade, they are literally a weapon linked to his soul, they allow for Jason to dabble in genres featuring magic, an aspect that would bring a unique element to his character among the general Batfamily.

What's funny is that the guns haven't even been Jasons main weapon in a few years, it's been the dreaded crowbar, which hilariously was supposed to symbolize him becoming more lethal and unhinged, thanks to the brutal symbolism and damage that it can do to a person, and now it's considered the 'nice' weapon? So here's a character who used guns not only because it was in direct opposition to his father figure but also a display of his own moral standings. Here's a character that used the pistols as a quick and lethal way to put down criminals without any needless torment (since prolonged torture was never the Red Hoods goal). And now instead that's been swapped out for a crow bar, which historically has years of iconography from DC as a 'torture device' to mutilate people, and with which Jason has first hand experience in knowing how successfully it can cave in a skull whilst still leaving people alive and suffering. What a nonsensical trade-off.
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-16-2021 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Oh boy indeed.

Wonderful fanart. I'm gonna miss this Jason.

The toy armor has been a thing for a while, it seems
    Jason has almost always worn tactical pants over any sort of armor he has had. Even as far back as new52 he had an armored suit but still wore pants over it. In this image example and the Red Hood/AK arkham knight example, Jason is wearing tactical pants as opposed to bulky armor. I think that's what's honestly making this whole look feel more 'off' and unlike Red Hood. If he had pants over the bottom half of the suit it wouldn't look nearly as goofy, plus you would avoid the 'action figure' bulkiness.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I hope it's temporary. Not only is it taking away a very familiar aspect of the character, it's not even replacing it with anything meaningful or otherwise logical.

Taking away the dual pistols completely, doesn't even make sense since if the reasoning is just for merch he should still be able to use them in comic story if needed and can just have figures equipped with different weapons, like the recent figure that comes with his All-Blades. And speaking of All-Blades, if we're talking about replacement weapons, why not use them? They are another dual weapon as well, they have been part of Jasons history now for a decade, they are literally a weapon linked to his soul, they allow for Jason to dabble in genres featuring magic, an aspect that would bring a unique element to his character among the general Batfamily.

What's funny is that the guns haven't even been Jasons main weapon in a few years, it's been the dreaded crowbar, which hilariously was supposed to symbolize him becoming more lethal and unhinged, thanks to the brutal symbolism and damage that it can do to a person, and now it's considered the 'nice' weapon? So here's a character who used guns not only because it was in direct opposition to his father figure but also a display of his own moral standings. Here's a character that used the pistols as a quick and lethal way to put down criminals without any needless torment (since prolonged torture was never the Red Hoods goal). And now instead that's been swapped out for a crow bar, which historically has years of iconography from DC as a 'torture device' to mutilate people, and with which Jason has first hand experience in knowing how successfully it can cave in a skull whilst still leaving people alive and suffering. What a nonsensical trade-off.
    I see your points. The problem is, guns have incredibly bad press. They're problematic. And they're too effective when you want to kill someone, precisely. When a character shoots, many readers think they shoot for killing (as we saw after issue 26). Hmmm, and now I wonder if they have some restrictions about guns in some service for high school libraries or something, too. Anyways, I can also see why they want to drop them in his appearances as much as they can. I don't think they're going to drop them entirely, he's still going to use them at times (look at Azzarelo's work, even if it's a Black Label. Or the recent re-release of Under the Red Hood). But I think I can expect him not prominently usig them for the next five years or so. At least, the reason he stops using guns often is a reasoned on panel one now. I wouldn't even have given one, if I was told he couldn't use guns like before. I would have worked around the issue until readers would've gotten used to Jason using other ways "shrugs". Good that I'm not a writer, he he.

The all-blades are cool, I love them.they're special and cool looking and make for great panels. Not a lot of people does. I hope he uses them in the game and they become popular enough to start being used more often. And Damian isn't using swords anymore, so there's that too.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-16-2021 at 04:48 AM.

Yeah, Curran is awfully miscast for Red Hood. He looks like a kid in a costume.
    He was great as Robin, but he does look like a kid as Red Hood. But what can you do, cast another guy? Curran became a big fan of the character, it would suck to take this possibility off him.

I don't really like the decision of making Jason not using guns, it's like they are trying to make him more like the others instead of let him be what made him popular in the first place.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yet another case of the right hand not knowing what the left does.

Yeah, Curran is awfully miscast for Red Hood. He looks like a kid in a costume.
    I don't know. The fact that he's young is what makes it tragic or creepy depending on how you look at it and how they portray it.

I can see this kid being portrayed as the school shooter type. By that I mean, the kid who was neglected and came back for revenge

Probably a bad and unwanted take ^^

I don't know how to explain the idea of portrayal in my head that makes it work, but basically the image I have in mind is not the adult-looking, mob-busting, mastermind Red Hood in the comics. The focus is more personal. A family matter.

Basically I won't be surprised if they change the image of Red Hood here from the comics to fit Curran Walters image, because they can't change the actor's face.

In comics, you can change the art style to suit the story you want to tell. Villain Jason is big and tall and square-jawed even when he's only 18-19 because he needs to be menacing, while protagonist Jason looks younger, has softer feature, even shorter height... but in live-action, either you have to change the actor or change the story to fit the actor.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-16-2021 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Basically I won't be surprised if they change the image of Red Hood here from the comics to fit Curran Walters image, because they can't change the actor's face.

In comics, you can change the art style to suit the story you want to tell. Villain Jason is big and tall and square-jawed even when he's only 18-19 because he needs to be menacing, while protagonist Jason looks younger, has softer feature, even shorter height... but in live-action, either you have to change the actor or change the story to fit the actor.
    I guess it depends on how popular this show and his role in it gets. It's not even the first time he looks like a teenager. The animated movie show him pretty young and definitely not a mass of muscle who looked like a brick in their 40's even when he was pretty fit and a big guy. Same happened in Arkham Knight, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I guess it depends on how popular this show and his role in it gets. It's not even the first time he looks like a teenager. The animated movie show him pretty young and definitely not a mass of muscle who looked like a brick in their 40's even when he was pretty fit and a big guy. Same happened in Arkham Knight, too.
    In Arkham Knight he didn't look like a kid, actually everyone looked older in that 3d models they did. Tim looked like in his 30s.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    In Arkham Knight he didn't look like a kid, actually everyone looked older in that 3d models they did. Tim looked like in his 30s.
    He didn't? I remember the face reveal not being too old looking. But I guess my memory is failing me. Did Jason look like a 20-something in Genesis? Or like a 30-something?

(I don't remember Tim looking that old either)

OH, GOD. WHAT THE. Yeah, Tim looked like he was over his 30. God lord. Why is my memory so flawed.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't know. The fact that he's young is what makes it tragic or creepy depending on how you look at it and how they portray it.

I can see this kid being portrayed as the school shooter type. By that I mean, the kid who was neglected and came back for revenge

Probably a bad and unwanted take ^^

I don't know how to explain the idea of portrayal in my head that makes it work, but basically the image I have in mind is not the adult-looking, mob-busting, mastermind Red Hood in the comics. The focus is more personal. A family matter.

A younger-looking Jason loses most of the nuances his character has and it becomes into just another insufferable, self-centered kid throwing a tantrum because things didn't go his way. Especially with all the changes they did to Bruce.

What resonated with people was the fact that Jason's arguments against Bruce actually made sense and pointed a basic flaw in his approach to crime-fighting, remove that and he's just yet another crazy in Gotham making a bid for the criminal underworld.

He was great as Robin, but he does look like a kid as Red Hood. But what can you do, cast another guy? Curran became a big fan of the character, it would suck to take this possibility off him.

I don't really like the decision of making Jason not using guns, it's like they are trying to make him more like the others instead of let him be what made him popular in the first place.
    Yes. How is that even a question? Studios change actors as soon they don't fit their particular vision for the character all the time. Hell, DC/WB is particularly infamous about that, so why Curran deserves special treatment?
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 08-16-2021 at 09:12 AM.

A younger-looking Jason loses most of the nuances his character has and it becomes into just another insufferable, self-centered kid throwing a tantrum because things didn't go his way. Especially with all the changes they did to Bruce.

What resonated with people was the fact that Jason's arguments against Bruce actually made sense and pointed a basic flaw in his approach to crime-fighting, remove that and he's just yet another crazy in Gotham making a bid for the criminal underworld.

Yes. How is that even a question? Studios change actors as soon they don't fit their particular vision for the character all the time. Hell, DC/WB is particularly infamous about that, so why Curran deserves special treatment?
    When they recast someone is usually cause of some situation with contract. Doesn't make much sense to recast him in this show, especially since the passage of time is like what? 1 or 2 weeks tops?

Ohhh Potato-gate. I forgot about this atrocity of a character design. I have many questions

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

When they recast someone is usually cause of some situation with contract. Doesn't make much sense to recast him in this show, especially since the passage of time is like what? 1 or 2 weeks tops?
    That is just one of the reasons it can happen, the examples are so numerous that it has even become a trope

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...TheOtherDarrin

The character of Red Hood needs a specific type of body type and physicality, what works for Jason as Robin doesn't really work for him as Red Hood, that is reason enough to recast the role.

That is just one of the reasons it can happen, the examples are so numerous that it has even become a trope

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...TheOtherDarrin

The character of Red Hood needs a specific type of body type and physicality, what works for Jason as Robin doesn't really work for him as Red Hood, that is reason enough to recast the role.
    The examples are numerous but most of the times is because the actor wants more money or a better contract or for health issues. No production would choose to recast an actor between seasons because they want it.

In this three episodes, i think Curran did a fine job as Red Hood. He does look like a kid tho, he should be with the mask on most of the times while in costume.
    Last edited by Drako; 08-16-2021 at 10:18 AM.