Page 50 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I like Maleev a lot too. I've really enjoyed his style in Event Leviathan. I can't say anything about Azzarello though.
    We can get good azzarello, like in 100 bullets (a classic); middle way azzarello who writes something interesting that doesn't fit the character he writes, like in Hellblazer (still enjoyable read); or bad azzarello, like I felt him in Batman last time he was writing* a batman story. I think Jason has all the points for being in a good work (Jason hits several points he does write nicely), but who knows. I don't follow his work close enough to say if his newest works are good or not.

He's a very high profile writer, and that by itself is good, I think. It means DC still cares enough.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-23-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    We can get good azzarello, like in 100 bullets (a classic); middle way azzarello who writes something interesting that doesn't fit the character he writes, like in Hellblazer (still enjoyable read); or bad azzarello, like I felt him in Batman last time he was writting a batman story. I think Jason has all the points for being in a good work (Jason hits several points he does write nicely), but who knows. I don't follow his work close enough to say if his newest works are good or not.
    His Amazon backstory for the New52 was not good. But I'll see how he does with Jason, which is a different tone from the Amazons.

All-New Member

Yeah, you're right. But Tom Taylor didn't seem to care that much about the Jason, and in all fairness, even if he wasn't the main protagonist he appeared in a considera blue amount of the story (if he did something meaningful with his appearences, that's another thing). But Jason seems to be azzarelo's kind of character, so I'm hopeful to see how this story turns out. Its impossible for harley to not share the limelights, but I'm expecting for Jason to be the main protagonist

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    His Amazon backstory for the New52 was not good. But I'll see how he does with Jason, which is a different tone from the Amazons.
    I think he doesn't fit the WW franchise all that well, despite liking his run. So it doesn't surprise me.

All-New Member

[QUOTE=Trt-R5;5503180]Yeah, you're right. But Tom Taylor didn't seem to care that much about the Jason, and in all fairness, even if he wasn't the main protagonist he appeared in a considera blue amount of the story (if he did something meaningful with his appearences, that's another thing). But Jason seems to be azzarelo's kind of character, so I'm hopeful to see how this story turns out. Its impossible for harley to not share the limelights, but I'm expecting for Jason to be the main protagonist (I'm having difficulty quoting, so this is supposed to be a reply to Dark's latest post)

[QUOTE=Trt-R5;5503188]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trt-R5 View Post
    Yeah, you're right. But Tom Taylor didn't seem to care that much about the Jason, and in all fairness, even if he wasn't the main protagonist he appeared in a considera blue amount of the story (if he did something meaningful with his appearences, that's another thing). But Jason seems to be azzarelo's kind of character, so I'm hopeful to see how this story turns out. Its impossible for harley to not share the limelights, but I'm expecting for Jason to be the main protagonist (I'm having difficulty quoting, so this is supposed to be a reply to Dark's latest post)
    Just click "Reply With Quote" and type your part after the quoted section.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

As a Suicide Squad noob I have to ask: Who are these people?
    The first guy is Firefly and I guess the two people to his right are Silver Banshee and Bloodsport.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Personally, Azzarello's WW is precisely what made a fan of his and it was the first time I actually cared for Diana as a character. Since then I've found all of his output to be solid at worst so I'm quite confident on him delivering a good story with this since is right up his alley.

That said, I've been looking around for impressions to the announcement and I find it curious that quite a bit of those is "yet ANOTHER booker of Jason vs Joker" but the thing is, this is the first book to be focused on that plotline. The Joker has been a looming threat in the story of Jason since the start but it has never been the focus of his books. In UtRH Joker was a means to confront Bruce, Lost Days was a minuscule part of the story and didn't even get a resolution, the rest of the pre N52 books starring Jason focused on different things altogether. For RHATO, Lobdell made a conscious effort to keep the Joker away from the series as much as he could, only coming into play due to the DOTF crossover, RH/A dealt with Joker's Daughter and Joker himself was a nonfactor through all of Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

As a Suicide Squad noob I have to ask: Who are these people?
    The first guy is Firefly and I guess the two people to his right are Silver Banshee and Bloodsport.
    Last one in the below row is Harley, most probably. I can see pink in the head and red around the waist/hips. Also, makes sense leaving her for the last one in the shadows, if Jason is being given a tour there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Personally, Azzarello's WW is precisely what made a fan of his and it was the first time I actually cared for Diana as a character. Since then I've found all of his output to be solid at worst so I'm quite confident on him delivering a good story with this since is right up his alley.

That said, I've been looking around for impressions to the announcement and I find it curious that quite a bit of those is "yet ANOTHER booker of Jason vs Joker" but the thing is, this is the first book to be focused on that plotline. The Joker has been a looming threat in the story of Jason since the start but it has never been the focus of his books. In UtRH Joker was a means to confront Bruce, Lost Days was a minuscule part of the story and didn't even get a resolution, the rest of the pre N52 books starring Jason focused on different things altogether. For RHATO, Lobdell made a conscious effort to keep the Joker away from the series as much as he could, only coming into play due to the DOTF crossover, RH/A dealt with Joker's Daughter and Joker himself was a nonfactor through all of Rebirth.
    Azzarello's Wonder Woman was pretty good, but it was a departure in tone and lore from the previous runs. Which is sort of what happened for the few issues he was in Hellblazer (well, stories were weaker there. But it had the same problem: it didn't follow the setting and tone from the previous runs, and kind of changed the book a bit too much for some readers. A reason why it's not brought a lot in recommendations for Constantine's character, I guess).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-23-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Top first from left, I think is Firefly (going by the helmet), second from the left, I think that's Banshee (going by the makeup).

Other than Harley at the bottom far right, no clue. Though I hope the way he tried to steer clear from her in Rebirth is applied to this as well. And it being Black Label, this version of Harley could have been there when Joker killed Jason, making it all the more personal.

Anyway, I think it best Waller would approach Jason as a (temporary) leader, no brain bomb, as Jason would find a way around it and blow her head off in such a situation. True, Bruce is scary in that he can and will blackmail her. Jason is scary because he will bury her (depending on the circumstances).

Extraordinary Member

The weight lifting guy s clearly Wild Dog.
    Last edited by Aahz; 04-23-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The weight lifting guy s clearly Wild Dog.
    Tend to agree with that assessment.

If it's not?

This is going to be even more interesting than I thought.

Extraordinary Member

Left of Wild Dog that's the Futures End Version of Plastique.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Left of Wild Dog that's the Futures End Version of Plastique.
    At first, I thought "Well, that can't be. Even in an 'Out Of Continuity...' story, she is from a ways out in the future..."

Taking a second look, it actually being her could explain why the character that is most likely Wild Dog(and one other...) seemingly has what looks like a full head of grey hair.

Extraordinary Member

Batman: Urban Legends #5
    story by CHIP ZDARSKY, MATTHEW ROSENBERG, MEGHAN
    FITZMARTIN, AND MARGUERITE BENNETT
    art by EDDY BARROWS, MARCUS TO, RYAN BENJAMIN, BELÉN
    ORTEGA, AND SWEENEY BOO
    cover by DAVID FINCH
    perfect bound
    ON SALE : 7/13/21
    $7.99 US | 64 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant cover by : TYLER KIRKHAM
    variant cover by : MIMI YOON

Red Hood: Meet Cheer, the villain behind the insidious Cheerdrops altering the citizens of Gotham. When confronted with a man responsible for taking the lives of so many, including Tyler, the kid Jason Todd swore to protect, will Red Hood be able to stop himself from taking vengeance for a whole city?

Grifter: Through four chapters of blood, bullets, and Batman, the true reason for Cole Cash emerging in Gotham City reveals itself at last…but it’s not what you think!

Tim Drake: Tim is determined to find his friend Bernard, who was taken by a Chaos Monster before his very eyes. But this case is different from any Tim has taken on before, and the cracks are starting to show.

Batgirls: Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown are just two teenagers breaking into Wayne Manor so they can play some video games. But when Oracle gives them a mission, the Batgirls suit up and head to an abandoned arcade to investigate.
    Ok this is not going to be pretty.