Page 65 of 120 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

There is no Tyler ...

Somebody really has to explain Bruce' behavior to me because I don't get it. How did we go from "He's a killer." to this?
    Last edited by Sergard; 06-08-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    There is no Tyler ...

Somebody really has to explain Bruce' behavior to me because I don't get it. How did we go from "He's a killer." to this?
    He feels guilt. It's the old same old same. Feels responsible for making Jason come to the conclusion that he has to do what Bruce doesn't. Feels also responsible because he sees how Jason feels about himself. Lucky us, it seems Chips version of Bruce doesn't want Jason to kill because of Jason's own guilt and mental place. I wonder if he wants Jason to stop vigilantism too, wouldn't he? Hmmm...

I caught up with Urban Legends today, after a very shitty day again at home, and am catching up with FS. I've found some small things I didn't like, but I liked Cheer 3 and 4 a lot overall. The story in FS The Dark Detective was a nice short story in the end. I'm looking forward to the current FS one.

There is no Tyler ...

He can feel very strongly about both of those points : he can hate that Jason is a killer and wouldn't want to be assoicated with him, but he can also still sees him as his son, whom he knows he had failed in the past and doesn't want it to happen again. Especially when said son, who never wanted to call for his help actually does that before going radio silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    He can feel very strongly about both of those points : he can hate that Jason is a killer and wouldn't want to be assoicated with him, but he can also still sees him as his son, whom he knows he had failed in the past and doesn't want it to happen again. Especially when said son, who never wanted to call for his help actually does that before going radio silence.
    Or he can be a human being that doesn't want to feel strongly about stuff that hurts him, like working with a son that reminds him of all the things he can't fix or solve. Don't forget that modern days Bruce is a man who would rather evade emotional struggling than fight through it and deal with it. Because whatever brau brau the mission brau brau. It's the same for Tim and to some extent Dick too: at least, in this, Jason isn't alone.

This is current Bruce we're talking about. He's flawed. And I think the writer wants to make that clear, as much as that he wants to make it clear that Bruce is, despite of that, a caring parent. Just... a very flawed one. Chip's voice and opinion in this story, I'm almost certain of this, is Barbara's.

HD pics of the Unmasked Red Hood

https://news.toyark.com/2021/06/08/d...ne-toys-430754

And listings for a line of figures based on Three Jokers has surfaced online

Also, I've been aware by the collectors community that DC recently enforced a ban on guns in all and any of figures based in their characters, explaining why the AK comes with blades and this version of Red Hood comes with the All Blades. Mcfarlane even removed the holsters from the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    He can feel very strongly about both of those points : he can hate that Jason is a killer and wouldn't want to be associated with him, but he can also still sees him as his son, whom he knows he had failed in the past and doesn't want it to happen again. Especially when said son, who never wanted to call for his help actually does that before going radio silence.
    Well, let's hope that after this Jason is finally allowed again to interact with people who are not afraid of being associated with him.

A subscription for a series titled Titans United has appeared in DC's servers and what do you know, Jason is part of the line-up.

https://subscriptions.dccomics.com/ipd/1424

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    A subscription for a series titled Titans United has appeared in DC's servers and what do you know, Jason is part of the line-up.

https://subscriptions.dccomics.com/ipd/1424
    Awesome. There was a similar line-up in a mini not too long ago, and it was pretty good.

Wasn't that the lineup for the Titans special they sold like a year ago? Minus Raven, I mean. People kind of liked it, so, maybe they decided to give it a new try.

We should get the confirmation when solicits drop in two weeks

EDIT:

Writer is new to DC but has credits with Star Wars,Dr Who and Pacific Rim comics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavan_Scott

The only artist named Jose Luis I could found was Jose Luis García-López but he only does promotional art now so no idea.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 06-10-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    We should get the confirmation when solicits drop in two weeks

EDIT:

Writer is new to DC but has credits with Star Wars,Dr Who and Pacific Rim comics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavan_Scott

The only artist named Jose Luis I could found was Jose Luis García-López but he only does promotional art now so no idea.
    José Luis is a pretty common given name. Could be anyone. I mean, just look at how many authors are here under "autor": https://www.tebeosfera.com/buscador/jos%C3%A9%20luis/ They have their artistic name to the right, and there's more than just graphic artists (pencilers) there. Could be anyone. Could be someone from an English speaking country, even.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-10-2021 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Wasn't that the lineup for the Titans special they sold like a year ago? Minus Raven, I mean. People kind of liked it, so, maybe they decided to give it a new try.
    If you mean Titans: Titans Together by Phil Hester: Raven wart part of the lineup. Superboy wasn't.

If you mean Titans: Titans Together by Phil Hester: Raven wart part of the lineup. Superboy wasn't.

Yeah, that one. Well, I could be right and it's a following of that story.

A bunch of other series were found alongside the Titans one, and one of them, a Fables/Batman crossover just got officially announced

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/06/10/fables-returns

So hopefully Titans United will be revealed in the coming days.