Page 117 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    You can skip Battle for The Cowl and still get the same story because I went straight to Long Shadows, which is supposed to be set after Cowl, and they basically do the same plot point. Dick is grieving, Dick is in doubt, before deciding to be Batman and drag/train Damian with him, and he fought an insane person in a Bat costume, this time it's Two-Face.

No extraneous bit, nobody's out of character, Dick only doubt for one issue which began with the Justice League giving him the cowl. By the end of the issue, he's become Batman.

Oh, and Long Shadows is written by Winnick, which, even if Jason's not showing up at all in this arc, since he wrote Under The Red Hood and Lost Days, it's an easy choice which cowl inheritance story that's more consistent with everyone's characterization.
    Exactly, here's another comic tackling the same concept of, 'Dick inheriting the cowl and becoming Batman', and as it turns out, it can be done without needlessly weighing a story down with several OOC moments. And as a bonus the 'enemy bat' here is Two Face, a character that was actually a long time nemesis to Dick going all the way back to one of his origin stories, a much more fitting opponent, and not a character that was inorganically shoved into the role of Dick's looney enemy for no reason other than lazy writing deeming him completely crazy now.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-01-2021 at 10:19 PM.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Thank you all for the answers! Yeah, I should 've noticed the list in the second post, but I really appreciate your take on the recommendations

I've already read Zdarsky's story in Batman UL - I really liked it even though it was basically about making Jason less hardcore (no real bullets just rubber ones if I recall correctly). Somehow it doesn't bother me at all, but maybe it's bc I haven't really read stories with Jason so far. (Also, I think Zdarsky is a good writer, he's one of my favorites).
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Incredible Member

Are we getting a new Red Hood book by Shawn Martinbrough?
    https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...M2YNM9KRw&s=19
    Last edited by Lal; 12-04-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    That's definitely Jason's logo.
    Would read it, honestly.

Oh, that explains this tweet https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...05495916515335 and that mysterious 'the story continues' tag.
    I wonder if it's for a more longer overarching story or just a sort of one off title, either way, it's nice to see Martinbrough coming back.

Also does anyone know if RHATO 51 and 52 have been collected within a trade anywhere?
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-05-2021 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Oh, that explains this tweet https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...05495916515335 and that mysterious 'the story continues' tag.
    I wonder if it's for a more longer overarching story or just a sort of one off title, either way, it's nice to see Martinbrough coming back.

Also does anyone know if RHATO 51 and 52 have been collected within a trade anywhere?
    Not in the last trade of RHATO, at least.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

After seeing the way Jason has been handled elsewhere, I'm legitimately excited to see Martinbrough back. Even if flawed, his take on Jason was much more in line with where Lobdell left him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...83974749650947

Can't share it now, because I'm in a mobile device. But Murphy's teased a new picture for Beyond White Knight and it looks like there's a Red Hood who could easily be Jason in one of Terry's(?) side. The other character, I guess it's Dick, but who knows. Maybe neither of them are either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Can't share it now, because I'm in a mobile device. But Murphy's teased a new picture for Beyond White Knight and it looks like there's a Red Hood who could easily be Jason in one of Terry's(?) side. The other character, I guess it's Dick, but who knows. Maybe neither of them are either.
    Here

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWtELE0Lccj/

Looking at his other posts, yeah, that is supposed to be Dick as part of the GCPD. But I wonder how does the timeline works because Dick, Duke and Barbara look more or less the same they looked during White Knight and Curse but Bruce looks way older.

More listings for upcoming McFarlane toys made their way online and now we know that the Zombie Red Hood from DC Essentials is finally getting released

https://news.toyark.com/2021/12/08/d...ot-more-452686

Just a reminder Titans United #4 is out now.

Gotham Future State is too, however this issue seems to be another side story with a different character like issue #4 with Harley Quinn, so if you're not collecting the series and only want the Jason centric issues, this ones a skip.

Also there was a small appearance of Robin Jason in Urban Legends #10, within the Nightwing Christmas Carol story, nothing big, but I had to give it points for being one of the very few rare instances where Robin Jason appears in a story and his role/actions aren't just alluding to his death or his reputation as 'the bad robin'. I know, I was shocked too.

Robins #3 is out too if you're on the US and much to my delight it has this great nod to RHATO

Based on this, then I'm guessing Jason's sword is supposed to be an All-Blade. The story continues to be pretty standard but I did like the reaction Jason has at the end regarding the fate of the criminals kidnapped by the First Robin; who by the way, it seems that is going by Jenny Wren after the nursery rhyme.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Robins #3 is out too if you're on the US and much to my delight it has this great nod to RHATO

Based on this, then I'm guessing Jason's sword is supposed to be an All-Blade. The story continues to be pretty standard but I did like the reaction Jason has at the end regarding the fate of the criminals kidnapped by the First Robin; who by the way, it seems that is going by Jenny Wren after the nursery rhyme.
    Steph giving a female villain a wedgie .

That is a nice Outlaws nod...

Hey! They acknowledged Jason teaming with Kori! That's nice.

Man, Tim definitely seems like the punching bag of the batverse. I mean, I saw it coming, and I suspect Jason and Steph too. Or at least, Steph does.

Speaking of which. I like the dynamic Jason and her have here.