Page 113 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1795
  1. #1681
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "The Great One has arrived."
    spoilers:
    Correction; "The Great One will not be pleased!"
    end of spoilers

  2. #1682
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    spoilers:
    Correction; "The Great One will not be pleased!"
    end of spoilers
    True enough .

    I'm ready for flashbacks to hear Josh Keaton get to play Jason with personality.

  3. #1683
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC and the duality of Red Hood...

    Also, Jason shows up in the latest episode of YJ and gets a line, but not too much focus. I am kind of curious when people will find out about him and how they're going to handle the Red Hood phase.
    they might not do it all, earth 16 is very much its own path. Honestly jason is in a good place here, despite not being free. it's not like the world hasnt seen the redhood storyline and know its beats. i feel like we have closed a chapter with infinity island as well for the season

  4. #1684
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    they might not do it all, earth 16 is very much its own path. Honestly jason is in a good place here, despite not being free. it's not like the world hasnt seen the redhood storyline and know its beats. i feel like we have closed a chapter with infinity island as well for the season
    Yeah, but that takes away probably the main thrust of Red Hood as a character.

  5. #1685
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    I could catch up with Future State: Gotham, finally. It was, it was very good. Damn, I know how distressed I was before about Williamson's idea for the story, I was such an Idiot. It was really, really cool, and I wish he writes more Jason in the future. He's pretty fair with him, and makes him shine by himself.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  6. #1686
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I could catch up with Future State: Gotham, finally. It was, it was very good. Damn, I know how distressed I was before about Williamson's idea for the story, I was such an Idiot. It was really, really cool, and I wish he writes more Jason in the future. He's pretty fair with him, and makes him shine by himself.
    Yep. Williamson has been a godsend for Jason and Damian. Jason was kind of in limbo for a while, with a big question mark on his future, and Damian had just gotten off of 2 bad TT runs, and an awful King Batman run, that just did an awful number on him.

    So, yeah. Keep Williamson going!

  7. #1687
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but that takes away probably the main thrust of Red Hood as a character.
    We don’t know how much of a character he was supposed to be at all. Just becuase he exist doesn’t mean he is getting a storyline
    There are hundred of heroes and villains in this world presently they won’t all be explored. Also this show doesn’t mind having developments off screen as well. Also I’m sure if they did redhood storyline they would just do it in a way that makes everyone upset becuase it won’t be the same as the film comic or games.

  8. #1688
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    We don’t know how much of a character he was supposed to be at all. Just becuase he exist doesn’t mean he is getting a storyline
    There are hundred of heroes and villains in this world presently they won’t all be explored. Also this show doesn’t mind having developments off screen as well. Also I’m sure if they did redhood storyline they would just do it in a way that makes everyone upset becuase it won’t be the same as the film comic or games.
    I mean, they've introduced him and set up a storyline with him. It's not the audiences fault for expecting some kind of payoff.

  9. #1689
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    I also managed to get a hold on Task Force Z #2 and I loved the hell out of it. It's a horror pulp at heart. A well written but slow building one, one full of team dynamics and action and betrayals and obscure intentions and what's not everywhere. Sure, Jason is in a hard place and is overwhelmed by everyone's stuff right now; but wait and see. This is some classic narrative at work. I freaking love it. Kind of reminds me a lot of some Iron Fist or Deadly Hands of Kung Fu and the like stories. Art is also a freaking work of art there. It fits the writing like a princess shoe.

    Freaking damn happy right now.

    Need to add, this feels a lot like the Doom Patrol TV show too, but with a more serious tone. There're no jokes, and they're not humorously pathetic. But they're a disaster, tragic even; and chaotic, and uncoordinated and bizarre. Jason's role is definitely more akin to Flag in Gunn's SS than anything else, though.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-27-2021 at 10:30 AM.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  10. #1690
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, they've introduced him and set up a storyline with him. It's not the audiences fault for expecting some kind of payoff.
    Are you also expecting a green lantern epic since we have 3 of 7 so far
    Barry Allen in the show that doesn’t mean a flashpoint storyline.

    I just see a lot of people hoping for somthing that’s not promised and who will be upset when it doesn’t come.

  11. #1691
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,216

    Default

    I'm not expecting anything serious to come of Jason's resurrection/existence in YJ until the Damian subplot gets addressed.

  12. #1692
    Astonishing Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Are you also expecting a green lantern epic since we have 3 of 7 so far
    Barry Allen in the show that doesn’t mean a flashpoint storyline.

    I just see a lot of people hoping for somthing that’s not promised and who will be upset when it doesn’t come.
    People generally aren't disappointed because a glorified cameo didn't lead to an entire storyline. People are disappointed when writers try to lead their audiences on by throwing several mysterious hints and details in the narrative that don't lead anywhere.

    I don't expect an UTRH rehash by any means, but if it ends here and there is no payoff what so ever, and if the show is truly meant to be open to new audiences thanks to it's deviation from comic storylines, then it shouldn't have included Jason in the universe at all. If you imagine yourself to be a completely new viewer with no knowledge of Jasons or any other dc characters existence outside the show, what would be the point in having a mysterious and deceased second robin be a fact presented in the second season, and have that character technically come back but not even make their return known to the audience whatsoever in the subsequent seasons? There's a difference between having a character visibly show up and cameo in the show, and keeping a character under wraps and hidden in plain sight over a couple seasons.

    There's no point including a character in your show, if your audience isn't even aware they exist. There's a reason people's expectations have risen, and it's all thanks to the writers themselves. If Jason had just shown up as Red Hood in an episode, like just to help the YJ with a mission or something, I doubt that people would have truly expected some kind of plotline for him, (there would be fans wanting one sure, but not expecting it out of the blue.)

    If it's not going to be fired, it shouldn't be hanging there. At this point there have been several Chekhovs guns planted across the show, and it's only because the show is being so secretive and subtle about the character, whilst still hinting at a connection between him and the YJ crew, that people are now expecting some kind of payoff, again that doesn't mean an UTRH rehash, but at least some kind of reveal or resolution to this thread the showrunners decided to dangle.


    Besides, if 'audience disappointment' is the concern, I doubt YJ could possibly beat Titans in terms of unsatisfactory and disappointing storylines featuring Jason
    Last edited by RedBird; 11-27-2021 at 01:30 PM.

  13. #1693
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,442

    Default

    And as pointed out before, Weissman did say he had plans to use Red Hood in the show after its first cancellation. I'm sure I'm not the only one that expected this thread to be picked up now that the series was brought back.

  14. #1694
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,442

    Default

    The Nightwing Annual is out and overall, is pretty much a retread of the RHATO annual from 2016, the story beats and the dynamic between Jason and Dick are very similar. But as expected, the "Jason" killing people is an imitator that is using Jason as a scapegoat, you don't need to read hard in-between lines to realize what is editorial posture on anti-hero Jason. I don't think that Jason should be killing or being on bad terms with the Batfamily to be interesting but I disagree completely with this new direction that has him glued to the hip to them. Jason needs to be away from Gotham and be his own man but sadly, it doesn't seem the editorial wants that.

    Still, the book is good and Taylor seems to understand Jason better than Rosenberg and Zdarsky do but again, I doubt he finds Jason to be interesting. His explanation for Jason using crowbars is pretty dumb and he seemingly hates it too if the way Dick mocks him is any indication.

  15. #1695
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,648

    Default

    Because yes, Jason has a pathological fear of crowbars .

    Were rubber bullets too much for people?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •