Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
The way the solicit is written, Task Force Z is moving from backup to the main story starting October and who knows if the story will be handled by Rosenberg or if it will be Mariko, most likely the latter, given she's the head writer of the book, with all the baggage that entails. That is what I meant about Jason spending most of the story captured. And honestly, after Truth and Justice and Three Jokers, I'm pretty burned about any writer that claims to be a "huge Jason fan" So far the writers that lack that kind of attachment have a better strike record (Lobdell, Williamson, Taylor)
Taylor's Jason was... eh... Besides a few strokes of character here and there, I don't think he stands out over any other random writer. Williamson's Jason seems to be a nice take, I'll give you that. And Lobdell seemed invested in the character once he took over him, which is very profesional.

It could be that Mariko is the one writing the main story, yeah. She's a big name now and the one hired for Tec. If she's the one, and this story is in fact the next main story in Tec, well, you may be right and Jason ends as the support character to be rescued. It's a mainline batbook, and they're not going to give Jason the main role. Not in even a million years: I'm sure of it. It's going to be Batman, and maybe someone from the mainstream faves aiding him, like Nightwing or Oracle, or even Robin. Could also be the reporter in Rosenberg's story, Deb. But Jason won't be just a character to be rescued in Rosenberg's story for this issue and the previous one. At least, I'm expecting that one thing to not be disappointing.