Page 13 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

So much for Urban Legends writing Jason in a novel way, we're back to the "conflict with Batman due to misunderstandings" plots for the nth time. And they still haven't changed the costume.

Meh.
    Well, the story appeals me. It does tell something new, actually. I can't recall Jason dealing with killing someone he perhaps shouldn't and trying to amend it somehow, being it an accidental killing or a murdering. Not in the main dcu universe comics that I can recall. Maybe in some alternate universe once. And it is a storyline that brings a lot of interesting themes to the table if done right (and I trust it will be well done).

You guys think he's going to be at odds with Bruce in the end, but so far, I'm not really worried about that (not now). What I'm worried about is that I'm steadily loosing my hopes for them to put a new ongoing after this mini ends. Or even another mini shortly afterwards.

Everything Batman.
    And by Batman I mean Main Bats, because I think Batgirl will get her own in the end, maybe with the birds (besides being support cast in NW)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-15-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ugh I'm skipping past the kill and fight part straight to Jason Now Has A Kid. Now that is interesting. He's experienced and I hope the kid stays for cuteness and angst

Amazing Member

Why are you guys loosing hope of an ongoing suddendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Ugh I'm skipping past the kill and fight part straight to Jason Now Has A Kid. Now that is interesting. He's experienced and I hope the kid stays for cuteness and angst
    If Jason did kill the father, and the father wasn't a big piece of crap, it's going to be a wild ride for sure.

I was thinking... Tim doesn't seem to have anything going for him either yet.

Guys, what if they put both reds in a buddy cop book? Not going to happen, but... what ifff...

(Again, sorry for all this double posting)

Yeah, I have no interest in anything Jason until he gets a new costume.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

My optismistic side says they're waiting for a new creative team (whether they've already made plans or not) works on RH to change it.

But yeah, I'm so over it. It's annoying, considering how perfect his first Rebirth one was. Or how good the Three Jokers outfit is.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

"The new Batman anthology series continues! In part two of Chip Zdarsky and Eddy Barrows's epic Batman/Red Hood story, Jason Todd has taken a man's life, and now his mission is to keep the dead man's young son safe. But Batman plans to take down Jason before he can make another mistake."

For the love of god, can Batman just f*ck off? I'm so tired of him and I have zero interest in Bruce' opinion.

I'll see how the first issue goes, but I have some serious concerns going into it now.

I'd put money on Jason being the Deathstroke look-alike on that Robin cover of Damian's series next to Rose. Williamson is writing Jason and Rose together in Future State, and it isn't a stretch to have Jason get involved in some Talia/League of Assassins stuff. He feels like the most likely candidate.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'd put money on Jason being the Deathstroke look-alike on that Robin cover of Damian's series next to Rose. Williamson is writing Jason and Rose together in Future State, and it isn't a stretch to have Jason get involved in some Talia/League of Assassins stuff. He feels like the most likely candidate.
    Or you know, it might be Dick undercover given he's Deathstroke in Future State.

Amazing Member

Doesn’t think so, because Robin solo starts in April and RH arc finish around august in Urban Legends.

Jason's mortal combat costume has grown on me so I don't actually mind it and the solicit isn't not bad except for Batman and Jason fighting for the billionth time.

And I think that's it for me with DC. The new line up is simply boring and uninteresting except for two books.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Please no.

I think the mask is two coloured, it's not an artistic choice or an effect of the lighting. I think it's a new character.