All-New Member

Default Need help getting caught up

Hi all, I just subscribed to three series Joker, Harley Quinn and Batman. But first I need to get caught up I am wondering a couple of things. First of all are the current and upcoming Batman continuations from the series beginning with this TPB https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Vol-Th...s%2C139&sr=8-1
    Second what is my best option for finding Joker issues 9-13 if I purchase these two TPB's https://www.amazon.com/Joker-Vol-Jam...ps%2C79&sr=8-1 and https://www.amazon.com/Joker-Vol-Jam...ps%2C66&sr=8-1
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dberte79 View Post
    . . . Second what is my best option for finding Joker issues 9-13 if I purchase these two TPB's https://www.amazon.com/Joker-Vol-Jam...ps%2C79&sr=8-1 and https://www.amazon.com/Joker-Vol-Jam...ps%2C66&sr=8-1 . . .
    Isn't the current run of The Joker ending with issue #15?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dark Design is the beginning of Tynion run which continues until he finished in Fear State. The 2021 Joker, Harley and Batman began their stories after Joker War, with Batman and Harley building up to Fear State. Joker runs on its own.

After Fear State Batman got a temporary new author for 1 arc and over next months will get another new author with a new arc.

Hi all, I just subscribed to three series Joker, Harley Quinn and Batman. But first I need to get caught up I am wondering a couple of things. First of all are the current and upcoming Batman continuations from the series beginning with this TPB https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Vol-Th...s%2C139&sr=8-1
    Second what is my best option for finding Joker issues 9-13 if I purchase these two TPB's https://www.amazon.com/Joker-Vol-Jam...ps%2C79&sr=8-1 and https://www.amazon.com/Joker-Vol-Jam...ps%2C66&sr=8-1
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    There was the big Metal saga by Scott Snyder - very long and complex - but I can give you a run thru if you'd like.

Alongside, there was the 1st arc of James Tynion IV on Batman called "Joker War" :
    1. Batman: Their Dark Designs (#86-94)
    2. Batman: The Joker War (#95-100)
    3. Batman: Ghost Stories (#101-105)

After the big Metal Saga there was a short jump in the future, called "Future State". There are 2 volumes on Batman.
    1. Future State: The Next Batman
    2. Future: Dark Detective
    This saga introduced the Magisgrate

Once that jump in the future was done, DC series went on.
    To introduce this new post-metal era, you can read the Infinite Frontier event:
    1. Infinite Frontier #0
    2. Infinite Frontier Secret Files #1-6
    3. Infinite Frontier #1-6

That done, the series continue. James Tynion Still being on Batman for a new saga "Fear State" in which the Magistrate arrives in Gotham:
    1. Batman: The Cowardly Lot (#106-111)
    2. Batman: Fear State (#112-117 + crossover issues)

Alongside Fear State, you could still follow Joker's manoeuvers along with James Gordon's life in the Joker ongoing, also by James Tynion IV:
    1. The Joker vol.1
    2. The Joker vol.2

With the success of Future State, DC also prolongated the adventures with:
    1. The Next Batman: Second Son
    2. I Am Batman
    3. Future State: Gotham

And of course along with the Batman Title you have the Detective Comics title by Mariko Tamaki,
    known for "Harley Quinn: The Breaking Glass", "Superwoman: Being Super" and "Future State: Dark Detective":
    1. Batman: Detective Comics: The Neighborhood
    2. Batman: Detective Comics: Fear State
    3. Batman: Detective Comics: The Tower

After Fear State, the saga Batman switches writer with Joshua Williamson currently on Robin, and previously know for his long Flash Run.
    He is the one also leading the DC mains current events with "Infinite Frontier", "Justice League Incarnate" and the upcoming "Death of the Justice League" and "Dark Crisis".
    He launch a new Batman event called "Shadow War" still ongoing.
    1. Batman: Shadow War

Have fun.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    There was the big Metal saga by Scott Snyder - very long and complex - but I can give you a run thru if you'd like.

Alongside, there was the 1st arc of James Tynion IV on Batman called "Joker War" :
    1. Batman: Their Dark Designs (#86-94)
    2. Batman: The Joker War (#95-100)
    3. Batman: Ghost Stories (#101-105)

After the big Metal Saga there was a short jump in the future, called "Future State". There are 2 volumes on Batman.
    1. Future State: The Next Batman
    2. Future: Dark Detective
    This saga introduced the Magisgrate

Once that jump in the future was done, DC series went on.
    To introduce this new post-metal era, you can read the Infinite Frontier event:
    1. Infinite Frontier #0
    2. Infinite Frontier Secret Files #1-6
    3. Infinite Frontier #1-6

That done, the series continue. James Tynion Still being on Batman for a new saga "Fear State" in which the Magistrate arrives in Gotham:
    1. Batman: The Cowardly Lot (#106-111)
    2. Batman: Fear State (#112-117 + crossover issues)

Alongside Fear State, you could still follow Joker's manoeuvers along with James Gordon's life in the Joker ongoing, also by James Tynion IV:
    1. The Joker vol.1
    2. The Joker vol.2

With the success of Future State, DC also prolongated the adventures with:
    1. The Next Batman: Second Son
    2. I Am Batman
    3. Future State: Gotham

And of course along with the Batman Title you have the Detective Comics title by Mariko Tamaki,
    known for "Harley Quinn: The Breaking Glass", "Superwoman: Being Super" and "Future State: Dark Detective":
    1. Batman: Detective Comics: The Neighborhood
    2. Batman: Detective Comics: Fear State
    3. Batman: Detective Comics: The Tower

After Fear State, the saga Batman switches writer with Joshua Williamson currently on Robin, and previously know for his long Flash Run.
    He is the one also leading the DC mains current events with "Infinite Frontier", "Justice League Incarnate" and the upcoming "Death of the Justice League" and "Dark Crisis".
    He launch a new Batman event called "Shadow War" still ongoing.
    1. Batman: Shadow War

Have fun.
    Thanks for the reading list, I already ordered some of these.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Dark Design is the beginning of Tynion run which continues until he finished in Fear State. The 2021 Joker, Harley and Batman began their stories after Joker War, with Batman and Harley building up to Fear State. Joker runs on its own.

After Fear State Batman got a temporary new author for 1 arc and over next months will get another new author with a new arc.
    Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the reading list, I already ordered some of these.
    You're Welcome.

I also forgot to mention "Batman: Urban Legend" a new serie that came a bit after Infinite Frontier focusing on lesser know characters of the Batman universe:
    1. Batman: Urban Legend #1-14