Page 97 of 120 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1797
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Jason will be part of the new Webtoon, Wayne Family Adventures

https://www.cbr.com/dc-webtoon-batma...ly-adventures/

I expect it to be general audience aimed, like those comics published under the Ink brand. Webtoon site policies are pretty hard as far as mature content goes, that includes violence, too. Their most "mature" content is pretty mild, as far as I've seen.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-08-2021 at 09:36 AM.

They're really trying to make the skunk stripe stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but it's an alternate continuity. They have used it before in those. See Mother Panic with a mature Jason.

I'll chek it, could be a fun read.

Well that was pretty cute, and kinda funny. It's very much what you expect, lots of fanon, lots of wholesome content, and lots of cutesy sitcom tropes.

I understand the format is different, but still, I wonder if DC will print this series as a trade in the future.
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-08-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is more like DC gives them complete freedom to creators for use it in out of continuity stories. So far they haven't allowed it in any main canon story.

For it is, its fine. Nothing serious, just a fun, slice of life series. With a Bruce that isn't hovering that line between jerk and psychopath, but actually a thoughtful father figure. Especially with a note to Damian. lol

Yeah, I'll keep on with this series. Its something I'll be following for a good while.

It's cookin' #Ronin
    https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status...19739584733186

Well, seems to be happening.

Assuming this means the Red Ronin comic is coming along, then I'm happy for Soy to bring his vision to life. However, unless this is created with DC as an actual miniseries or else world, then most likely it will be an original character and not Jason what so ever anyway, which is a disappointing considering that the entire point and appeal of the concept was that it was a neat variation of Red Hood/Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Assuming this means the Red Ronin comic is coming along, then I'm happy for Soy to bring his vision to life. However, unless this is created with DC as an actual miniseries or else world, then most likely it will be an original character and not Jason what so ever anyway, which is a disappointing considering that the entire point and appeal of the concept was that it was a neat variation of Red Hood/Jason.
    It would still be based on Jason, just with no names attached. Not an unusual move either, a lot of indie comics are reworked pitches for the Big Two

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    It would still be based on Jason, just with no names attached. Not an unusual move either, a lot of indie comics are reworked pitches for the Big Two
    That doesn't mean anything though. BTAS Robin is also based on Jason, but that's also no fun.

Still, like I said, I'm very happy for Soy to get his own comic and to create his own stories. But my excitement for the Red Ronin concept was in the hopes that one day it would become an official else world Red Hood story, and considering how many people trip over themselves asking Soy, 'is this Jason?', anytime he posts a new image, I don't think I'm the only one that was following that concept for the relevance to Red Hood and Batman in general.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Best case scenario it’s a black label book that hasn’t been announced yet.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/10/dc...tans-united-1/

Preview of Titans United #1

The jacket with a hoodie looks really good.

Titans United was an entertaining if shallow, read. There's not much depth to be seen in the characterization, with some facets of the characters being more prominent but I thought it did show a reasonable grasp of the personalities. In many senses, it feels like you're watching an episode of a cartoon rather than a proper comic book. If the analogy makes sense. Jason is presented as the thought guy that takes no crap from everyone and is quick to voice his opinions even if it means talking down his teammates, however, he isn't presented (yet) as a liability to the team. if anything, he comes off as being experienced and seeing the Titans as slowing him down with rookie mistakes. The story is pretty simple, somehow the Titans are getting depowered while random guys are getting those powers, becoming a danger because either they lack the knowledge to handle them or are minor villains. Simple as it is, it is a nice change of pace from the big, status-quo changing stories that DC as a whole seems to be stuck with.

Future State Gotham continues the story of Warmonger and was pretty much just his origin, with Jason and Tim Fox taking a backseat. Warmonger himself is a pretty generic villain that doesn't bring nothing new to the table but I found it interesting that Williamson avoided having Jason or Tim Fox take a dive to make the other look good, keeping the fight pretty even and ultimately being broken without neither of them losing. The highlight continues to be the way Jason is being written as a competent and experienced crime-fighter, that has finally managed to get his emotions under control and is presented as a legit successor of Bruce (ironically, Dick is the one being depicted as the emotional one) able to think on his feet and come with good plans to counterattack Warmonger's plan.

Ultimately both are stories that I doubt will be fondly remembered in the future but they're serviceable and treat Jason a lot better than his appearances as guest in other books tend to be.