Page 64 of 120 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

That art.
    Is.

Beautiful.

Also, have to add that, iirc a Ronin is masterless, but in the sense that they don't serve any master or lord. Traditionally, ronins were samurai (something akin to a knight) who had lost the lord they pledged to, often because these were killed in their inner wars, some other times, because they fell and lost their lord's favour. It depends on how one takes Jason's loyalty and ties, I guess.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-03-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Dexter Soy is awesome.

I'm fine with Jason as a non-japanese Ronin.

Calling Batman Jason's master feels weird. On the other hand there's a whole "good soldier" memorial that goes along with this point of view.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If Jason keeps that costume I could honestly care less what his call sign is.

I love how dumb this is. Especially the little training wheel is killing me.

teriyaki_burino

And this fanart has a beautiful color composition:

Lan.C

Last edited by Sergard; 06-03-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Previews are out.

Batman: Urban Legends #4
    Future State: Gotham #2

I'm sorry, Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Previews are out.

Batman: Urban Legends #4
    Future State: Gotham #2

I'm sorry, Dark.
    Yeah, Dark's not going to like those few pages in B:UL.
    I think I liked them, though. It's tragic that neither of them seem to hear each other.
    I don't think he will like FS:G either. I know I don't like it so far.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Oh, so now it really is "everything is canon".

Meh.

So. Sheila is back in canon. I have complicated feelings about that one. It gives Jason a real reason for going into the warehouse, making Bruce a victim blamer for years while Jason was dead/believed to be dead. On the hand, she was created for the one purpose, and that's as deep as her character goes.

Gotham#2, was Jason talking about Tim Drake being immortal, or Tim Fox? Either way, it doesn't look like its a Bat Family member (at least an immediate member) that is working with Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Gotham#2, was Jason talking about Tim Drake being immortal, or Tim Fox? Either way, it doesn't look like its a Bat Family member (at least an immediate member) that is working with Jason.
    Tim Drake. It's Robin's story gimmick in FS as far as I recall. You can see Spoiler calling him there.

I think the one who asks Jason is Bruce, to be honest. Don't think it's Damian because he shouldn't be old enough to be that tall. Doesn't look like a girl either. And I think they're actually someone from the closer family.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-05-2021 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So. Sheila is back in canon. I have complicated feelings about that one. It gives Jason a real reason for going into the warehouse, making Bruce a victim blamer for years while Jason was dead/believed to be dead. On the hand, she was created for the one purpose, and that's as deep as her character goes.

As far as I remember, Jason always went in to save his mother in the comic version, either Sheila (post-crisis) or Catherine (New52). Only the animated movie omitted the mother part - but maybe I'm wrong. With or without the mother involved, Jason was the one who was tortured and killed. There is no denying that he was the victim. Putting the blame on him or making fun of his torture/death always rubs me the wrong way.

We are three issues in and I still don't see what the story is trying to accomplish. But I don't think that this story is going to lessen the blame that was put on Jason's shoulders.

I noticed that no one talked about it here, but Jason's actor from titans mentioned something about RHATO few days ago. I think there's a possibility that we are going to get a Red Hood spin off show.

Personally, I'm not sure how to feel about this because Titans is an absolute mess and a terrible starting point for Red Hood.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Do you mean the RHATO Tweet?

Is too vague to be really meaningful, in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status...86366302121987
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Soy's Twitter
    Beware: Red Ronin’s Rival “Foe” aka “White Flint”
    FOE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Do you mean the RHATO Tweet?

Is too vague to be really meaningful, in my opinion.
    I don't think he would randomly mentioned it just for nothing, but you could be right.

Anyway, this was a good week for Jason. FS Gotham was much better than I thought it would be after I read the preview and UL was just great.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Urban Legends was decent, assuming that none of RHATO happened and this is the first meeting they've had since Under The Red Hood. That it seems like is they're going for so bleh.

Future State was a lot better besides making Jason's worst moment canon again for no real reason, the person he was working with was something that anyone could see coming a mile away but seeing them act like actual family, voicing their concerns to each other and actually trusting on the other is a breath of fresh air. That said, I couldn't care less for the whole setting, the magistrate or the Next Batman.