Page 71 of 120 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1797

Jason being written by the fans who write and draw fan content with him will lead to him being in relationship with every male character he exchanged two words with including Bruce and Damian. Act as an edgy 13 years old who swear every second and cry on his pillow over Bruce being mean to him. Be a raging feminist and an obnoxious self-righteous who screams at everyone about his political views.

Short answer, Morrison's Jason would have been a mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    The MK costume had at least made sense back when Jason donned it as a symbol of him being in a darker place, mentally speaking, with a costume that seemed half hazard put together and all. But the problem is that it no longer had any reason to remain once the following gritty arc had run it's course. The second that Jasons old teammates returned should have signified a return to form, possibly even sooner at the beginning of the Prince of Gotham arc. When the MK look was first introduced my opinion was that, in terms of it's design, the costume wasn't the best, but it also wasn't the worst costume Jason had ever had, however, that was when most people were under the impression that the costume wouldn't last more than an arc or two. The fact that it has more than overstayed it's welcome and has now become one of Jasons longest lasting costumes has completely soured me on the look. At this point I'm very close to dropping any Jason centred comics that continue using that costume, I don't want to see it any longer.
    Because of the bat symbol. Having Jason return to his old costume after what happened in issue 25 and when him and Bruce didn't have their recollection yet would be extremely pathetic. By the time his old team returned, the book was in its way to cancellation and it was too late for them to introduce a new costume.

I still think Task Force Z is going to be a book and Jason will have a new costume in it (not that I would be upest if I was wrong because I would prefer for Jason to have mini books over an on-going). Whether it will have a bat symbol or not, it will depend on how things will end up in UL.
    Last edited by Rise; 07-06-2021 at 04:39 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Jason being written by the fans who write and draw fan content with him will lead to him being in relationship with every male character he exchanged two words with including Bruce and Damian. Act as an edgy 13 years old who swear every second and cry on his pillow over Bruce being mean to him. Be a raging feminist and an obnoxious self-righteous who screams at everyone about his political views.

Going by the bigger portion of fanfiction, I have to agree with this. If you make up a characterization for Jason out of the most used characteristics in the fanfic fandom, you would come with something you guys wouldn't like. Remember, works with a good portrait of the character aren't the most common. And many who have a kind of spot-on characteritation show bits that are probably out of character. Fans may or may not write a Jason that feels right for you :/.

I mean, it happens to every character out there. It's not Jason alone.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-06-2021 at 06:19 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

You're grossly generalizing the fandom works with this statement. To not mention that it shows a clear bias by going straight up to the most extreme sides of the fandom. People have linked stories here that are not only well written, but they also avoid any kind of homosexual pairing with him. And hell, people are still very much invested in the Jason/Artemis pairing.

That said, the issue here is that most of the stories done by professional writers with endorsement from editorial are just terrible and refuse to let or use, Jason's growth as a character. Fan works at least try to do different things with him.

Because of the bat symbol. Having Jason return to his old costume after what happened in issue 25 and when him and Bruce didn't have their recollection yet would be extremely pathetic. By the time his old team returned, the book was in its way to cancellation and it was too late for them to introduce a new costume.
    This is a ridiculous excuse and you know it. Jason and Bruce did patch up things in the wake of Roy's death and they were working together as if nothing would've happened as soon as King was kicked out of the book. To not mention thee times that Jason keep popping out with the Bat Symbol on other books.

And whoever called it, the E3 Red Hood from Crime Syndicate is indeed, Harley.

Blergh.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I'm not claiming that every fanfiction is "good" - but there are many good ones out there. It's fun to check out new releases. Even if I end up not liking a single new fanfiction, there's still a chance that somebody will post something in an hour/day/week/month that hits all the right spots. It's really nice to have so many writers and so many stories. Any character can be the main character of a story. Any character can be anything. All characters are - in a certain sense - "equal". There is not one big main continuity for which a company or editorial staff directs which characters are on the top and which are on the bottom. Every fanfiction is a separate little universe. There's a place for everybody and any character has the chance to hit full potential - that's not something DC can provide.

Not saying that you shouldn't like fanfiction. It's good that you find something you enjoyed and I would say it right here that there are some fans creators who are more talented than the official writers and artists.

But the idea that they get Jason better is what I disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    You're grossly generalizing the fandom works with this statement. To not mention that it shows a clear bias by going straight up to the most extreme sides of the fandom. People have linked stories here that are not only well written, but they also avoid any kind of homosexual pairing with him. And hell, people are still very much invested in the Jason/Artemis pairing.

That said, the issue here is that most of the stories done by professional writers with endorsement from editorial are just terrible and refuse to let or use, Jason's growth as a character. Fan works at least try to do different things with him.

This is a ridiculous excuse and you know it. Jason and Bruce did patch up things in the wake of Roy's death and they were working together as if nothing would've happened as soon as King was kicked out of the book. To not mention thee times that Jason keep popping out with the Bat Symbol on other books.

And whoever called it, the E3 Red Hood from Crime Syndicate is indeed, Harley.

Blergh.
    Anyone can go to the fanfiction site and will find the majority stories there are about male shipping because fanfiction is mostly about fetish and self-indulgence. There is some good Jason stories here and there, but the a lot of them are either about gay shipping or Jason throwing tantrums. This inculde fan arts.

And no, I don't "know it" because what happened in issue 27 wasn't them patching up and Lobdell didn't even pretend that it was because they were right at each others throats in the next arc. Batman ripping the bat symbol was a big deal and Jason shouldn't wear it again until either Bruce apologies (I know it's basically impossible for that to happen) or at least the two of them reach an understanding. Other than that, I would certainly not be ok with Jason wearing the symbol again.
    Last edited by Rise; 07-06-2021 at 11:18 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

They did reach an understatement under Lobdell and then Martinbrough had Bruce actually welcome back Jason at the end of his story.

Bruce leaving a gift to Jason was a nice moment and that all it was (and certainly not good enough for Jason to suddenly wear the symbol again). Lobdell didn't bother to do anything with Jason and Bruce after their argument in the second arc. Let's not pretend that the two reached an understanding after their fight in issue 25.
    – Dale Carnegie

Because he literally couldn't. the orders from editorial at the time were for all the Batfamily to break the bonds with Bruce so King could do his mess of a story.

Whether it was his fault or not, it's not the point (and I have said years ago after issue 25 happened that Lobdell clearly didn't want to break things between them, but he could have handled it better and not have Bruce act like unhinged maniac). Not having Jason return to his old costume with the bat symbol makes prefect sense to me and I certainly don't consider it a weak excuse.
    – Dale Carnegie

Not saying that you shouldn't like fanfiction. It's good that you find something you enjoyed and I would say it right here that there are some fans creators who are more talented than the official writers and artists.
    There are, yes. Damn, sometimes I wonder why there's not more talent hunting in those communities. Japan does it for Web Novels and Light Novels, and it works well. And I guess some of those posting with the best writing style and plotting are actual professionals under aliases, and it's not like comics nowadays are a lesser art anymore.

About the bat in Jason's costumes, I thing they should work a better, unique sign for him. Something that's not bat related, to be honest.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-06-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I don't want Jason to wear the bat symbol again.

There are three options I'm fine with:
    - keep the current logo (Maybe play a little with the placement, it doesn't need to be on his chest. Although I do like the logo design in Future State.)
    - another new logo
    - no logo (Let's be honest: The Rebirth costume is cool with or without the bat symbol.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    There are, yes. Damn, sometimes I wonder why there's not more talent hunting in those communities. Japan does it for Web Novels and Light Novels, and it works well. And I guess some of those posting with the best writing style and plotting are actual professionals under aliases, and it's not like comics nowadays are a lesser art anymore.
    Comic book creator community is made up of people who are friends who brought in friends. When Dan Didio was fired, one of the compliments told about him is that he protects friends and keep them working in the industry. I'm not saying there's no more talent hunt because the old guys don't want to leave but the old guys really don't want to leave.

The red bat is here to stay, after so many years of him using it has become his brand, and asking DC to drop it is akin to asking them to drop Superman's S shield or Bruce's own Bat. That's why it keeps appearing in merchandise and other Jason's appearances outside the main comics. Even Injustice used it to identify him even though he didn't use symbols at all.

And personally, I'm glad about that. I utterly loathe the logo Woods came up with to not mention any other logo that is just a reference to his Robin days.

All-New Member

The three jokers one could be adapted a little and you wouldn't have the "grown up Robin" problem. The R in the belt could be changed for something else (even a kinda normal belt loop) and with some small alterations on the torso, like taking out the horizontal lines and leaving it like that, or changing it for other thing, and we could have a perfectly good red hood suit (even though I have no problem with the suit as it is)

Quote Originally Posted by Trt-R5 View Post
    The three jokers one could be adapted a little and you wouldn't have the "grown up Robin" problem. The R in the belt could be changed for something else (even a kinda normal belt loop) and with some small alterations on the torso, like taking out the horizontal lines and leaving it like that, or changing it for other thing, and we could have a perfectly good red hood suit (even though I have no problem with the suit as it is)
    There's a lot of things that could fix the sorry state Jason is in right now but the problem is that editorial doesn't do any of them.