Page 87 of 120 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I reject their reality and substitute my own.
    No need to reject it, the Lazarus pit only healed his damaged mind and his past wounds, reality being warped and having Jason wake up in his grave has been referenced several times now and is still a consistent part of canon. It even says so in that character description link. 'But he returned to life with the help of a Lazarus Pit and the literal warping of time and reality.' The only element of Jasons return that has been quietly disregarded and ignored in canon over the years is the reason for the reality warp, that being the Superboy punch.

So yes, you can indeed still have 'Death' being the one to catch him and throw him back like a fish

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    No need to reject it, the Lazarus pit only healed his damaged mind and his past wounds, reality being warped and having Jason wake up in his grave has been referenced several times now and is still a consistent part of canon. It even says so in that character description link. 'But he returned to life with the help of a Lazarus Pit and the literal warping of time and reality.' The only element of Jasons return that has been quietly disregarded and ignored in canon over the years is the reason for the reality warp, that being the Superboy punch.

So yes, you can indeed still have 'Death' being the one to catch him and throw him back like a fish

Extraordinary Member

So I finally read Cheer.

I don't mind Jason ditching the guns, they were anyway pretty useless, and Hand-to-Hand Combat looks just way cooler on panel.

I would have preferred if Jason had saved Bruce without calling the rest of the Batfamily in. (Something like is is long overdue imo)

Him revealing his identity so carelessly is odd, and kind of puts Tyler in danger.

The Riddler flashback, was also wired, since this were not really the kind of stories that were told during Jason's time as Robin.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-12-2021 at 12:44 AM.

Titans recently aired and from what I've heard Jason sounds truly villainous and unhinged. Though I have a theory that things may not be as they appear. I'm seeing signs that they may be going for spoilers:
    a split personality disorder with Jason, possibly caused by whatever that inhalant is
    end of spoilers. But yeah, that's just my theory, they could also just be making him as one note as Deathstroke was, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Titans recently aired and from what I've heard Jason sounds truly villainous and unhinged. Though I have a theory that things may not be as they appear. I'm seeing signs that they may be going for spoilers:
    a split personality disorder with Jason, possibly caused by whatever that inhalant is
    end of spoilers. But yeah, that's just my theory, they could also just be making him as one note as Deathstroke was, so who knows.
    With how poorly written the previous season was, I don't know what to expect, honestly. I haven't watch it yet, but I'm not really excited for it because of that. I guess I'll wait a few episodes and see how it turns. spoilers:
    The split personality sounds interesting though. But I don't trust them to pull it nicely either.
    end of spoilers

A bit late to the party, but I read the Urban legends and I'm really satisfied with how it ended. Thank God that DC finally got rid of his useless guns which they were really good for nothing and Jason finally did it for himself, not for Bruce or anyone else. I'm also glad that he finally learned his ways can be really harmful to innocent people (It's a lesson he should have learned since he found out about his father, but better late than never). The family showing up was actually a nice touch because they showed for first time that they actually have Jason's back and it's not one sided relationship. Overall, it was a pretty good story that actually felt like a conclusion to Pre-Flashpoint UTRH era and N52-Rebirh RHATO era and opened the door for a new fresh era for Jason.

As for his other stories, I won't comment on them until they finish. The Titans show on another hand, I will give it pass because it's just not for me.
    Last edited by Rise; 08-12-2021 at 06:51 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    With how poorly written the previous season was, I don't know what to expect, honestly. I haven't watch it yet, but I'm not really excited for it because of that. I guess I'll wait a few episodes and see how it turns.
    Believe me the feelings mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    spoilers:
    The split personality sounds interesting though. But I don't trust them to pull it nicely either.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That ones just my theory, cause like I said, he seems to be really really villainous this season, like even non fans notice the OOC levels of villainy happening here. Based on a few hints through out the story, I'm assuming that might be the road they take IF they want to redeem the character eventually, and with all the rumours of a potential spin off, you would assume as much right?
    end of spoilers Though like you said, given how poorly written last season was, I can't put too much faith in the writing here, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Did the way the show is handling Jason, really come as a surprise to anyone?

I only watched the first season (which was alright, even if far from a quality show or my ideal DC universe) and part of Season 2 (which was really messy). I might go back if it's true it improves upon the previous two, if only because I'm curious about Red Hood's first live action appareance.

I hope they portray him well enough, even if there's clearly not going to be enough time or baggage to build a proper UtRH scenario (perhaps he doesn't even die or only stays dead for a few days/week in-universe; I also wouldn't expect much from Batman when RH first shows up) and I still don't think the actor is a great choice for Red Hood-era Jason. Then again, I'm being unfair and mostly guided by what I'm used in terms of stuff like Jason's presence and physicality, as I think his acting was good and he fits the younger version, even if his character's writing falls within tired pitfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    I only watched the first season (which was alright, even if far from a quality show or my ideal DC universe) and part of Season 2 (which was really messy). I might go back if it's true it improves upon the previous two, if only because I'm curious about Red Hood's first live action appareance.

I hope they portray him well enough, even if there's clearly not going to be enough time or baggage to build a proper UtRH scenario (perhaps he doesn't even die or only stays dead for a few days/week in-universe; I also wouldn't expect much from Batman when RH first shows up) and I still don't think the actor is a great choice for Red Hood-era Jason. Then again, I'm being unfair and mostly guided by what I'm used in terms of stuff like Jason's presence and physicality, as I think his acting was good and he fits the younger version, even if his character's writing falls within tired pitfalls.
    The Superboy episode (his intro) was good. After though, things kind of fall off a cliff. Especially in regards to Jason (mainly what happens to him, be it from his own actions or not).

The Superboy episode (his intro) was good. After though, things kind of fall off a cliff. Especially in regards to Jason (mainly what happens to him, be it from his own actions or not).
    Yeah, I remember liking him quite a bit. Some of the last few things I remember about Jason was him sleeping with Ravager (I vaguely know what happens to him -and Donna-, though). Honestly, I probably stopped just a few episodes before the finale, might as well finish it.

BTW, I find it interesting how this show's synergy has made her Jason's current love interest going by Future State and potentially other stuff they might appear in. I know they were implied to have been involved in the past during the N52 run, but I imagine it was Titans which gave the push. For some reason DC doesn't want Artemis and Jason together, so, beyond that, I don't mind the Ravager choice, it just needs some development/interesting turns, which could happen considering her heritage and overall attitude.

I'm going to go bold and say that the only episode that was actually good was the one that introduced Superboy. There were decent episodes too, but...

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Yeah, I remember liking him quite a bit. Some of the last few things I remember about Jason was him sleeping with Ravager (I vaguely know what happens to him -and Donna-, though). Honestly, I probably stopped just a few episodes before the finale, might as well finish it.

BTW, I find it interesting how this show's synergy has made her Jason's current love interest going by Future State and potentially other stuff they might appear in. I know they were implied to have been involved in the past during the N52 run, but I imagine it was Titans which gave the push. For some reason DC doesn't want Artemis and Jason together, so, beyond that, I don't mind the Ravager choice, it just needs some development/interesting turns, which could happen considering her heritage and overall attitude.
    Rose being his "current love interest" is exaggerating, he has no love interest in the main continuity and it has only happened in two elseworlds so far, DCeased and Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Rose being his "current love interest" is exaggerating, he has no love interest in the main continuity and it has only happened in two elseworlds so far, DCeased and Future State.
    I mean in terms of DC pushing for one despite there not being much (if at all) development. Like, it's a bit out of nowhere, so I imagine it's mostly someone high-up at DC that likes the couple or sees potential after Titans paired them up, since in the comics, iirc, there's barely nothing between them. Artemis, for contrast, got some nice development with Jason.

In any case, that's just me thinking they might do something more with this couple down the line, even if the Future State status quo doesn't come to pass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    As titans gains more viewership we will see if the GP takes it in