Page 27 of 120 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    How? Tynion is absolutely giving more exposure to Batfam members.
    Because he's a bad writer that is either just retreading the same story beats again, and again, and again or he's just using those same characters to prop up his precious OCs.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Because he's a bad writer that is either just retreading the same story beats again, and again, and again or he's just using those same characters to prop up his precious OCs.
    Can't confirm the first one but the latter definitely

Extraordinary Member

I still take Tynion over King.

I've glanced over the IF issue.
    I have a hunch, a bad one.
    spoilers:
    So you know how Roy says "or... Jason?" And then he seems like none* of them* would believe his story? When some of his close ones (specially Jason, I mean) have already died and came back (specially if he remembers all the different timelines)?

Doesn't that sound like Roy not remembering Jason coming back and the new 52 timeline to anyone else?
    end of spoilers

Maybe I'm just pessimistic because I've had a tough day.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-02-2021 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Gosh, all these typos

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Nice. Love that you're enjoying as much as I do . I'm curious about how they'll roll their interactions with Bucky right now. And I find incredibly amusing how Roy teases everyone with his ID and how he knows so much about superheroics.
    The new chapter is out. You'll like it

I've revisited your Joy Read list and decided to read From now on by little_wayward_bird next. It's 51 chapters with over 463500 words and I've only read the first two chapters but so far it's nice.

I've also recently updated the Upcoming Appearances section in the second post of this thread because I had forgotten to add Truth & Justice and Future State: Gotham.

If I remember correctly, Jason also had some tiny guest appearance in some Harley Quinn story (?). I only remember seeing a panel on Twitter showing an old Batman next to Nightwing and Red Hood - also old. I decided to ignore it because the thought was sad that Jason was already old enough to be a grandpa but still portrayed like a sidekick.

I haven't added the McFarlane Red Hood unmasked version to the Other Media appearances yet. It's probably legit (I at least wouldn't put it past McFarlane to release a nearly identical Red Hood figure) but I think I'll wait for some official photos. If it's really true, I hope the face will look good. I'm very picky when it comes to male faces (chin too big, lips too dark, face too feminine, strange expression, douche bag smile). I've found this shop with a very, very blurry photo. I'm not sure if this is legit. It also looks like Jason is holding something in his hand. Maybe an All-Blade - that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The new chapter is out. You'll like it

I've revisited your Joy Read list and decided to read From now on by little_wayward_bird next. It's 51 chapters with over 463500 words and I've only read the first two chapters but so far it's nice.
    I need to upload that list, adding a new dozen of works or so. I'll try to do so next weekend or the following one.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-02-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

spoilers:
    So you know how Roy says "or... Jason?" And then he seems like non of theme would believe his story? When some of his close ones (specially Jason, I mean) have already died and came back (specially if he remembers all the different timelines)?

Doesn't that sound like Roy not remembering Jason coming back and the new 52 timeline to anyone else?
    end of spoilers

If that was the case, I don’t think his name would of come up at all.

spoilers:
    So you know how Roy says "or... Jason?" And then he seems like non of theme would believe his story? When some of his close ones (specially Jason, I mean) have already died and came back (specially if he remembers all the different timelines)?

end of spoilers

I think you're being pessimistic. It sounds more like

spoilers:
    Roy himself can't believe he's back just like that and wants to find answers before reaching to any of his closest friends
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I haven't added the McFarlane Red Hood unmasked version to the Other Media appearances yet. It's probably legit (I at least wouldn't put it past McFarlane to release a nearly identical Red Hood figure) but I think I'll wait for some official photos. If it's really true, I hope the face will look good. I'm very picky when it comes to male faces (chin too big, lips too dark, face too feminine, strange expression, douche bag smile). I've found this shop with a very, very blurry photo. I'm not sure if this is legit. It also looks like Jason is holding something in his hand. Maybe an All-Blade - that would be cool.
    I've been digging up more and funnily enough, all the leaks come from Philippino toy stores. Hopefully, a listing on an American toy or a press release gets published soon. Although to this day I still haven't found the solo release of the masked Red Hood anywhere, only the Two-pack.

I think you're being pessimistic. It sounds more like

spoilers:
    Roy himself can't believe he's back just like that and wants to find answers before reaching to any of his closest friends
    end of spoilers
    Ah, could be that, yeah. Geez, I hate when I see the world through brown-tinted shades.

Of course, one would think that he would contact Jason ASAP since he's in the same situation and has experience with the whole "coming back to life for no clear reason" but you know, cheap drama. And that is a shame because the two of teaming up to find answers about their resurrections and their role in the world would make for one hell of a story.

Of course, one would think that he would contact Jason ASAP since he's in the same situation and has experience with the whole "coming back to life for no clear reason" but you know, cheap drama. And that is a shame because the two of teaming up to find answers about their resurrections and their role in the world would make for one hell of a story.
    Yeah, well. With different writers handing each character, it's an unlikely happening.
    Unless the same writer is going to write current-time whatever-book Jason ends in (there're two right know, right?) and the Green Arrow eventual/likely book.

Yeah, well. With different writers handing each character, it's an unlikely happening.
    Unless the same writer is going to write current-time whatever-book Jason ends in (there're two right know, right?) and the Green Arrow eventual/likely book.
    Well, I was suggesting that would've been a much better idea than whatever they're setting up on the upcoming Infinite Frontier mini

Well, I was suggesting that would've been a much better idea than whatever they're setting up on the upcoming Infinite Frontier mini
    It could be nice, yeah.
    I foresee fanfics and fanmovies filling that gap in the future, if it helps.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

[...]
    I've been digging up more and funnily enough, all the leaks come from Philippino toy stores. Hopefully, a listing on an American toy or a press release gets published soon. Although to this day I still haven't found the solo release of the masked Red Hood anywhere, only the Two-pack.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think I've read somewhere that the Red Hood solo release is a Target exclusive. And prices on eBay are high. In case you find the solo release elsewhere for a good price, please let me know.

It could be nice, yeah.
    I foresee fanfics and fanmovies filling that gap in the future, if it helps.

In fandom we trust

Speaking of fandom:

inkydandy

"I am alive!! Really!
    Was given the green light to show these, so here are two pieces I did for a Jason Todd zine. It was a lot of fun working on this project with so many other fantastic writers and artists. There are actually leftover sales now if you wanted to pick up a copy! Head over to jaytheredbird.bigcartel.com to snag one if you wish (will link in stories, too). Proceeds are going to Love146."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Given how weird life in comics can be, I can kinda buy somebody might want to hold off before reaching out to people. Probably can’t hurt to do some recon first to verify certain things (how much time has passed, major events, that you are in your universe, etc etc etc). Not that it’s likely any of that will be the reason Roy delays making contact with anybody.