Page 40 of 120 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Voted for Robins, though JLQ sounds more interesting than having the Robins fight again, but they don't tell who's gonna be on the team, it could be characters we know like Jackson Hyde or entirely new. Though I'm surprised at how many willingly vote blind like that.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Voted for Robins, though JLQ sounds more interesting than having the Robins fight again, but they don't tell who's gonna be on the team, it could be characters we know like Jackson Hyde or entirely new. Though I'm surprised at how many willingly vote blind like that.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if a good chunk of the votes for JLQ are merely anti-Robin votes. That seems like a very Internet thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if a good chunk of the votes for JLQ are merely anti-Robin votes. That seems like a very Internet thing to do.
    Or the same mad guy rigging the poll voting restlessly with some kind of VPN bot .

But I'm guessing some folks in several social media are just sincerely voting for that pitch because they want to read it.

I assume they'd be minis or one shots, right?

In any case, some Titans Red Hood-related details, in case any of you watch it. Gotta say, the design isn't half bad, even if the actor doesn't have the physicality I imagine post-Robin Jason as having. But it's still nice to see Jason/Red Hood entering the live-action scene, hopefully more people discover the character and explore his comics.

Also: Jensen Ackles is voicing Batman in The Long Halloween adaptation (also, another Jason Todd actor: Troy voices the Joker once more).

Man, I wish we lived in a timeline where an Under The Red Hood live-action movie was made when Jensen was younger. He really nailed the role (Troy was good too -he's an amazing actor-, but I found him overly whiny and the story was a poor man's UtRH, which didn't help).
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 03-31-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

So Jason is going to be a gang leader on Titans?

Ew.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I'd rather prefer solos for Jason, Tim, Duke and Steph than them being stuck in a Robins story with Dick and Damian.

I'm fine with the premise since I've always thought that having the four Robins ( I don't care for the rest of the sidekicks that have joined the Batfamily at some point, to be honest) on a team book would allow for some pretty good and fun stories, specially if is out of continuity and allowed to have a lighter tone than what they usually get.

Anyways, as pointed out on the thread for the poll, is possible that Tim Seeley was the one who pitched the idea for Robins and the Associate Editor of BTAS: The Adventure Continues and the upcoming Batman '89 and Superman '78 series are involved.

https://mobile.twitter.com/amarino28...91502053773313

https://mobile.twitter.com/HackinTim...96829642080259

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I'm fine with the premise since I've always thought that having the four Robins ( I don't care for the rest of the sidekicks that have joined the Batfamily at some point, to be honest) on a team book would allow for some pretty good and fun stories, specially if is out of continuity and allowed to have a lighter tone than what they usually get.

Anyways, as pointed out on the thread for the poll, is possible that Tim Seeley was the one who pitched the idea for Robins and the Associate Editor of BTAS: The Adventure Continues and the upcoming Batman '89 and Superman '78 series are involved.

https://mobile.twitter.com/amarino28...91502053773313

https://mobile.twitter.com/HackinTim...96829642080259
    Hmmm...

Seeley writes a good Dick and Damian: both in character, both heroic but flawed. I haven't read him writing Tim or Steph; but I remember him using Jason in Rebirth Nightwing and the wedding special, and he did an alright work (it wasn't the best take on Jason, but it wasn't bad either, I guess). As far as I've read, Seeley writes fun, not overly dramatic when they're dramatic stories, with some touches of bizarre terror sometimes. I can see him being the one who pitched that plotline.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't know if it's been posted here but in Detective Comics, Bruce's phone wallpaper is the family's portrait sitting from way back in New 52 Batman and Robin, with Jason added at the back, and Damian moved to the center. Peeps on tumblr said Bruce Photoshop it

@Dark: Did you like Seeley's "Five little Robins" story in "Gotham Nights"?

It was alright. I really liked that he remembered Underbelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    @Dark: Did you like Seeley's "Five little Robins" story in "Gotham Nights"?
    Oh, I forgot about that one.

Speaking of Gotham Nights, I remember really liking the story with Jason and Dick investigating that murder.

The "Five Little Robins" one was fine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    The "Five Little Robins" one was fine.
    I'm in general not fond of stories where Jason gets captured and/or needs to get rescued by another Batfamily member.

I found this post on Twitter. I'm not sure of this is official art for the Robins story. Maybe somebody here knows a better source.