Page 96 of 120 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Oddly/thankfully enough, Artemis being on a team (and even in a short relationship with Jason) wasn't met with the annoyance/anger that usually accompanies a WonderBat pairing.

Not complaining, it is notable. And all things considered, she really was not a bad fit.
    Well, Artemis and Jason had become a surprising match with some enjoyable chemistry to boot. In terms of reception, I think it helped that the team and book were the first time in a long time that Artemis had received some spotlight for her character (even as just a team member), along with a great update to her costume/look.

Oooh, here's what looks to be a little sneak peak of Eddy Barrows Jason in Task Force Z.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Oooh, here's what looks to be a little sneak peak of Eddy Barrows Jason in Task Force Z.
    You guys know I'm not the biggest fan of Barrows. But that pic looks great.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Those spraypainted Zs are dumb as hell.

Anyway, new GK poster

I'm really warming up to the GK design, even if the DCYou vest look isn't my favourite. Although I still think his upper body is a bit too disproportionate (Nightwing's would be ideal) and I wish his mask was made of metal.

Can't wait to see the skins and to be pissed they missed some of my favourite ones

Artemis and Jason !!!! 😍😍😍

Snu snu time
    https://mobile.twitter.com/dextersoy...376642/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos767 View Post
    Artemis and Jason !!!! ������
    Speak of the devil, there's the aforementioned WonderBat. Dexter Soy continues to carry this fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Anyway, new GK poster
    Lovely poster.

Has there been an upgrade to Jasons boots? Originally they were all black on both the concept art and in the trailer, but on this poster it looks like the boot straps have been changed to a reflective metal, they now look much more closer or even identical to Jasons boots from the Under the Red Hood animated film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    I'm really warming up to the GK design, even if the DCYou vest look isn't my favourite. Although I still think his upper body is a bit too disproportionate (Nightwing's would be ideal) and I wish his mask was made of metal.
    I think he should look buffer than Nightwing.
    Btw. it's a pitty that you can't really see the realtive hight of the characters in that poster.
    In some of the promotional art it looked like GK Jason would be really huge and Tim quite tiny, but sofar we got no shot were you get a clear picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think he should look buffer than Nightwing.
    Btw. it's a pitty that you can't really see the realtive hight of the characters in that poster.
    In some of the promotional art it looked like GK Jason would be really huge and Tim quite tiny, but sofar we got no shot were you get a clear picture.
    Me too, I also prefer Jason being the biggest Robin, but there's something weird with that chest/lats area (enough that I noticed it, but not nearly enough to bother me). When I talked about Nightwing's body, I was referringa more about Jason in a vacuum (as in, solo appareances). When paired with the others, I'm fine with him looking stronger than usual. It's just that, in some in-game shots, there's too sharp a difference between his lower and upper body and he's too wide when using the game's artstyle, even if it's not a realistic one (happily).

Like, he's massive in Jim Lee's art, but I love how he looks there (the metallic helmet helps). He's also significantly taller than Dick there, but I don't think there's gonna be such a contrast in the game.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 09-06-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jason Todd doing fear toxin is on thing but him pushing it in the neighborhood is whole other matter and worse
    Titans is doing him no favors
    Understatement of the fucking year. I finally just got caught up on the last three episodes and WOW! Whoever wrote this season deserves an award. Because it takes true talent to take a perfectly giftwrapped and serviceable story like Jason's and fucking it THIS bad.

I do genuinely like this show. But they sure know how to take some...interesting liberties with how they adapt certain things.
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-06-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Get Joker #2 was interesting, to say the least. A lot less focused on Jason this time around but still painting him in a good light and that twist at the end really took my surprise although in hindsight it should've been obvious.

Yeah, they are doing Jason justice. He does like using guns, but he's not the rage machine some make him out to be. And can't forget about him trying to look out for Harley. As much as he doesn't want anything to do with her, they both have a deep seated hatred of the clown.

I really liked SS: Get Joker #2. It may not be as Jason centric as issue #1 was, yeah, but Jason still makes a lot of (a lot of) observing and reflecting in this issue. And I love it. I also like how Azz treats the other characters, to be honest. Character wise, it's been a solid read, I think. Well, I don't know how much in character they are, but at least, as far as Jason goes, and I guess, Harley and Joker too, which are the ones I'm at least familiar with.

spoilers:
    Did Azzarello sort of subtle implied that this Joker has certain dirty fixation on Jason? Also, was Jason offering to dance and strip for Joker? Bold. I suspected Toyman was the mole. It didn't surprise me that Larry called other team to finish Jason's one:; it's a dick move, but it's to be expected, and why Larry said he appreciated Jason's trust on him (because Jason knew that, with them in Joker's hand, they could be turned and used like a weapon of mass murdering easily). Both twists were still good, even if they were somewhat expevcted.
    end of spoilers

I feel like dialogue's also a bit weirdly written, but I don't know why it gives me this weird feel. I also love how much... not slowpaced, but, I don't know, maybe... relaxed? their story is. They take a lot of time doing normal stuff and interacting with each other and I love those kinds of moments in a story. And the art; I love the art: but I've always liked Maleev's art, so, again, I was already expecting that. Also, Hollingsworth colours are great.

I'm absolutely buying this in trade format. I hope Azzarello writes more Jason in the future, honestly. He's very good with him. We've been very lucky recently.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-07-2021 at 03:15 PM.

It was fun, yeah. I really like Jason's voice here and the overall relationship dynamics in the group, especially characters like Plastique (the Wild Dog thing is still weird). Joker's look wasn't as creepy as during the first issue, but he still looks nasty as hell, really well done.

spoilers:
    Gotta say, while the twist wasn't really shocking, it still took me by surprise, but I think it was due to synergy and how Flagg and others look exactly like their movie counterparts here.
    end of spoilers

We're eating lately tbh. I hope that the last issue keeps the quality and that TFZ is good (I'm genuinely quite excited for it after reading Road to TFZ).