Page 17 of 120 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Keep the pistols, but with the Transformers option where they combine into a rifle. Pistols for short-medium range, and rifle for long range.

Melee, knife AND katana (with All-Blades for otherworldly evil, of course). Knife is the ace up his sleeve.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Preview for Future State: Dark Detective (2021-2021) #2 is out.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wouldn't mind Jason's primary melee weapon essentially being a swiss army knife on steroids. Something that allows him to constantly switch the type of weapon he's using mid combat could make for some really great sequences under the right artists.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh he's sleeping with someone. Didn't even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh he's sleeping with someone. Didn't even notice.
    Either some rando for this setting, or Rose are my bets. The hair being light in color makes me lean towards Rose, but that's all I got for it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It’s probably Rose.

Definitely looks like Rose.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

My interest in Future State was already low but now I simply can't be bothered about it. But I'm going to be really pissed if Magistrate 01 is the reason they haven't given Jason his helmet back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    My interest in Future State was already low but now I simply can't be bothered about it. But I'm going to be really pissed if Magistrate 01 is the reason they haven't given Jason his helmet back.
    I'm not overly hung up on his outfit, just the overall tone of Future State. And honestly, the only character I've seen that got an overall positive reception was the Brazilian Wonder Woman (name escapes me right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Keep the pistols, but with the Transformers option where they combine into a rifle. Pistols for short-medium range, and rifle for long range.

Melee, knife AND katana (with All-Blades for otherworldly evil, of course). Knife is the ace up his sleeve.
    Knives are so underrated in the DC universe. Knives are also weapons that I associate with thieves and assassins. Considering that Jason was a thief and was trained by assassin monks, knives really fit his character. Personally, I would like to see a bigger variety of weapons, not just guns and swords. Future State as a whole looks like a pile of nothing, but Jason's weapon (a kusarigama) - and of course the bike - looks cool.

Fun fact: The first time Jason used a kusarigama was in Batman #413 as Robin. Speaking of Batman #413, a naginata would also be a nice weapon. It's probably difficult to create a story where Jason has to fight with it but theoretically, he could still own one and train with it.

Last edited by Sergard; 01-23-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Definitely looks like Rose.

Mmm... bike...
    Sorry I don't know why, it's already in the preview, but somehow I like the shape of it from the side

nick_naysayer

"Red Hood #52 Alternate Ending"

We are never going to learn what's inside this box, right? Just like the other one.

Jason Peter Todd, collector of
    a) books
    b) ancient weapons
    c) outcasts
    d) mystery boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

We are never going to learn what's inside this box, right? Just like the other one.

Jason Peter Todd, collector of
    a) books
    b) ancient weapons
    c) outcasts
    d) mystery boxes
    Now that fan comic is far better than what happened for the ending. Though the author seems to have forgotten that Alfred is pretty dead right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'm not overly hung up on his outfit, just the overall tone of Future State. And honestly, the only character I've seen that got an overall positive reception was the Brazilian Wonder Woman (name escapes me right now).
    Personally I prefer this Akira-esque look over his current Mortal Kombat looking one.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.