Page 25 of 120 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Ok, so..

Going by some reviews I've read, I guess Jason did have a reasonable reason for joining the dystopian bad guys, right? So, despite being a glorified preview with arguable bad written Rose, I guess I'll try and check Williamson's FS two parts story. Just in case the following mini is at least enjoyable. But, to be honest, I still feel kinda wary.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ok, so..

Going by some reviews I've read, I guess Jason did have a reasonable reason for joining the dystopian bad guys, right? So, despite being a glorified preview with arguable bad written Rose, I guess I'll try and check Williamson's FS two parts story. Just in case the following mini is at least enjoyable. But, to be honest, I still feel kinda wary.
    Its not the worst thing, but it still could have been so much better. Case in point?
    Good- Jason goes out his way to NOT kill people, even badly written Rose.
    Bad- Pill helmet makes its return, if briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its not the worst thing, but it still could have been so much better. Case in point?
    Good- Jason goes out his way to NOT kill people, even badly written Rose.
    Bad- Pill helmet makes its return, if briefly.
    I actually liked that costume. It was something non pragmatic, silly as hell. But I liked it. Unlike the characterization itself.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Mind you, is not the full head pill helmet but the lame Red Hood-1 version from Year Zero that leaves everything from the nose down exposed.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ok, so..

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Jason's part in Future State: Gotham is just another glorified preview for a future story arc with a different main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Mind you, is not the full head pill helmet but the lame Red Hood-1 version from Year Zero that leaves everything from the nose down exposed.
    Ew.
    Like, I get why they would do that, but... Not the most pleasant aesthetically speaking.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I laughed when I saw that. Out of all Red Hood you have to pick Red Hood One who I thought the helmet didn't fit because he has Joker chin, and maybe it was, but now they make it to be unfit no matter who the person I guess

From both reviews and forums I'm seeing more positive reception for the second issue of this Red Hood FS storyline, so, what's the consensus? Is it good? better than expected? at least worth a read? decent enough? downright bad? etc... Did it at least provide intrigue for the upcoming mini series in the new Gotham FS book?

Also check out this Gotham Knights mural painted at WB Games Montreal featuring the four protagonists, I hope we see some more trailers or promo material for this game soon.
    https://wbgamesmontreal.com/2021/02/...knights-mural/

Also also, Azzarello was on word balloon and mentioned writing some stuff for DC, including some Black Label stuff, and by the end of the interview Azzarello talks about currently writing a character that he is really liking to write right now, with the only clue being that the character was once a Robin. No confirmation obviously, could be Tim, perhaps Duke, or even an older Damian, though my honest guess would have been either Dick or perhaps more likely, Jason, given the way Azzarello leans towards the darker or morally grey kind of characters or lines. Again, no confirmation on the mystery Robin, but for anyone interested in Azzarellos work, it could be worth keeping an eye out regardless.
    Last edited by RedBird; 02-26-2021 at 12:04 PM.

I hope is Jason, in one of the old B&W anthologies he and Bermejo wrote a short story of an unnamed Robin that was a dead ringer for Jason in attitude and looks that I really liked. He also used him as plot point in Nöel and I think he treated him with respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I hope is Jason, in one of the old B&W anthologies he and Bermejo wrote a short story of an unnamed Robin that was a dead ringer for Jason in attitude and looks that I really liked. He also used him as plot point in Nöel and I think he treated him with respect.
    Actually Noel was both written and illustrated by Bermejo who has mentioned in an interview before about being a fan of Carrie Kelly and Jason Todd.

'Do you have a favorite Robin of all the ones that have existed up to this point?

I do. I’m a big fan of Carrie Kelly, but I’m also a big fan of Jason Todd. He was my Robin when I was heavy into reading Batman as a kid, but I also like the tragic nature of that character. I think that’s interesting and how that character more than the other Robins has shaped Batman in a major way.'

That said, going back to the word balloon interview, along with the reveal that Azzarello had projects in the works including Black Label, he also mentioned he was working with Bermejo for at least one of those titles.
    Last edited by RedBird; 02-26-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Ah, my bad. Azzarello and Bermejo are so linked in my mind that I often misremember who did what.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    From both reviews and forums I'm seeing more positive reception for the second issue of this Red Hood FS storyline, so, what's the consensus? Is it good? better than expected? at least worth a read? decent enough? downright bad? etc... Did it at least provide intrigue for the upcoming mini series in the new Gotham FS book?

Also check out this Gotham Knights mural painted at WB Games Montreal featuring the four protagonists, I hope we see some more trailers or promo material for this game soon.
    https://wbgamesmontreal.com/2021/02/...knights-mural/

Also also, Azzarello was on word balloon and mentioned writing some stuff for DC, including some Black Label stuff, and by the end of the interview Azzarello talks about currently writing a character that he is really liking to write right now, with the only clue being that the character was once a Robin. No confirmation obviously, could be Tim, perhaps Duke, or even an older Damian, though my honest guess would have been either Dick or perhaps more likely, Jason, given the way Azzarello leans towards the darker or morally grey kind of characters or lines. Again, no confirmation on the mystery Robin, but for anyone interested in Azzarellos work, it could be worth keeping an eye out regardless.
    The FS storyline is passable. And the end of it does give a reason as to why Jason is where he is (though not the "who"). Honestly, the worst part about Jason's storyline, was the pill helmet. Rose... Not a big Rose fan myself, but she was more eager to drop bodies than Jason was.

Whaaaaat. Azzarello writing Jason. That's a new high if it happens in the end.

*Záresh looks at her 100 Bullets bundle.
    Picture me interested. Or curious at least.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Amazing Member

Azzarello on Red Hood would be soooo good.

And that art from Dexter!! Hnnnngggh