Page 83 of 120 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Not a bad start but is strange to see that seemingly this version of Jason never fixed things with Bruce and that he got caught by a bunch of regular cops.
    I don't think there's info enough in that brief monologue to imply that Jason hasn't fixed his differences with Bruce, not to the point of them being in full confrontation. I mean, he's bassically wearing Rebirth's costume, batlogo included. I think he's just doing his usuall trade. Maybe not even in Gotham (he probably is in there though). There's so little info in those pages. It's mostly an intro to the character.

I think he got catch by the cops by pure chance, too. He could have beat them up, but chose not to (because they're cops and not criminals I guess). And he was surrounded by them in that station. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think it's too impossible. And, I guess, he didn't runaway because he was still recovering from the beating... and then Walller is supposed to walk in.

We will see.

I like Jason's voice so far. I like it a lot. The art is nice too, but I was already expecting it to be.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

UwU

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I really, really hope this is just misdirection.

Most likely just promotional art.
    Although the imagery of Jason popping out of a morgue freezer is a new one. Usually to signify his resurrection, artists typically depict him crawling out of the grave or rising from the Lazarus pit.
    Hmm, maybe I had something going with my theory that Jason was going to be captured and experimented on. Maybe the experiments grant him some kind of regeneration powers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Most likely just promotional art.
    Although the imagery of Jason popping out of a morgue freezer is a new one. Usually to signify his resurrection, artists typically depict him crawling out of the grave or rising from the Lazarus pit.
    Hmm, maybe I had something going with my theory that Jason was going to be captured and experimented on. Maybe the experiments grant him some kind of regeneration powers.
    Or maybe those don't work as they should because of Jason being his average odd one self.
    In any case, you don't leave the insides of a niche in the morgue with a crowbar in hand (or with anything on your body at all). Like I said in the other thread, I think it's just silly promotional art.

I also think (and want to think) it's just promotional art being silly and dramatic. There could be a twist in TFZ for sure (especially with those scientists involved), but I take Rosenberg's words as implying a thematic relation between Jason and, uh, zombieness, and not him being a literal one. Once more, though, I guess they could inject Jason with something, thus making his stint as Task Force Z's leader forced.

In any case, I haven't been reading IF (barely read anything these days), but what's up with the Multiversal Monitor stuff? I guess DC is using these mysteries/questions as teases for upcoming books and plots, right? No more significance than that?

The Multiversal Monitor stuff so far has teased development for incoming stories/series and the little that has actually been shown are more or less as they were presented on the teaser. Normally, I would also think this is just a publicity stunt but well, DC has proven to me again and again that they would do the dumbest thing possible.

Anyway, I just read Get Joker. As expected from the preview, this is a version where Jason is completely cut off from the Batfamily, whether he and Bruce could never talk things out or it is Jason's own choice is not clear. The Three Jokers' costume is given to him by Waller since Jason's pick for a costume is the Rebirth one, I'm sure that Azzarello is making an observation about the fact the costume is just a Robin suit but is too early to tell. Putting aside the thing with Bruce, Azzarello really gets Jason, no more BS about wondering what is wrong or if there is a line to be crossed, Jason is fully convinced he's doing the right and he will do whatever is needed to ensure innocent are protected. He's also skilled, smart, and proactive, he questions Waller at every point and asserts his authority with the rest of the squad. Again, a welcome change from the way Jason has been handled since RHATO ended.

Really looking forward to the next issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The Multiversal Monitor stuff so far has teased development for incoming stories/series and the little that has actually been shown are more or less as they were presented on the teaser. Normally, I would also think this is just a publicity stunt but well, DC has proven to me again and again that they would do the dumbest thing possible.
    Oh, that's what I thought, that it was just stuff to market their upcoming series and fuel the conversation. I also wonder if there'll be something beyond that, but I honestly think these teases are too mundane, sparse and individualized to amount to much. Cheers!

Also, glad to hear about Get Joker, I'm excited to read it as soon as I can.

Sad to hear that Jason's running by his own in this story. But happy to hear that Azzarello has got his voice right. I liked what I read in the preview, but with Azzarello sometimes you don't know what to expect regarding characters and their voices. I usually enjoy his writing plenty, but sometimes he's such a miss... Really looking forward to read it soon.

First issue of Suicide Squad Get Joker was overall, fairly good, I'm pleasantly surprised. The story is a lot of set up in the first half, and once it gets to the action it keeps up a decent momentum.

I liked Jasons voice here, it feels like just the right amount of 'go with the flow' attitude mixed with a sardonic edge. In the preview the voice was already pretty encouraging to read but it's nice to see that that quality is consistent throughout this issue. Additionally Jason is also presented as generally level headed, self assured, competent and intelligent which is very refreshing.

The art is also just lovely to see, Maleevs gritty look is perfect here and helps to set the tone. That said, there are some very questionable moments and questionable decisions, plus some elements that I'm wondering the significance of (or whether they will even be significant by the end) like the numbers/authority thing that comes up, and honestly, because I had some apprehensions about this title, I still can't help but wonder when the other shoe will drop. But in all fairness, as of now, it's pretty decent overall, I really hope it keeps up this momentum.
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-06-2021 at 10:17 AM.

I already read it.

I liked the writing and the art a lot. Even when the writing was sometimes hard to follow because of disconnected dialogue with Wild Dog, Yonder and, sometimes, Pebbles; but I also blame the not very good lettering work. Not the finest placement for ballons and tails too many times for my liking. But as I said, I liked Jason's voice a lot. He felt right, how other interacted with him and I also liked how he behaved. He felt a lot like a bystander, an outsider witnessing who gets involved with Waller and the squad by chance, to be honest. Harley, too; she was dumb, and a smart*ss; but likeable. And I liked that there seems to be a lot more running behind the apparent story. I think this is going to be one of the good ones foe Azzarello. A bit too slow paced, but still, a good read.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-04-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Yeah, that was very fun. The art is great and I like the setup quite a lot. The ending was genuinely fun and terrifying and I can't wait to see how it's developed. Jason's portrayal here is pretty cool and the way he reacts to everything makes him feel like, well, the Jason I like.

Curious to see how Jason's given the TTJ suit, while his go-to choice is the Rebirth one. I still feel the same towards the former: get rid of the most obvious Robin imagery (mostly the belt buckle) and it's genuinely one of Red Hood's best designs, especially when drawn by Fabok (the Rebirth and Hush designs (in that order) will always be my favourites, but it's up there with the UtRH getup).

Also, at first I was like "how come they're censoring even stuff like "ass"?", but then the book sheds all censoring as soon as we leave the "comfort" of a Batman-adjacent story and enters fucked up territory. Pretty cool.

Here's some interviews with the creative team, and some quotes about Jason.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/suicid...dc-black-label

...Red Hood, whose vigilantism has granted him a stay in Belle Reve prison just in time to be recruited by Waller for a new mission: Take down Joker, the man who killed him years ago. For Azzarello, that meant adding a certain perspective to Jason's personality that convinces him to take the mission on.

"I kind of approached him like: OK if you went through all this and you really didn't know why. 'Cause there's a lot of holes in Jason's story," Azzarello said. "I think he's very sardonic in this sort of like accepting fate, but then not understanding fate, and just thinking 'fate kind of sucks.'"

https://www.cbr.com/suicide-squad-ge...eev-interview/

When asked why he chose to center the story around Jason Todd, Azzarello was quick to point out that despite Todd's time as Robin, his vigilante Red Hood days make him as much of a criminal as anyone else in the Suicide Squad. He wanted to incorporate all of Todd's complicated and tragic history into a nuanced narrator. Azzarello's Jason Todd is angry without being "silly angry."
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-06-2021 at 02:02 AM.

I'd rather have Jason not being angry at all, but not being silly angry is already a huge step up over the way he's normally handled.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1423327957477638147

I love not being able to see content just because I don't live in the US. Very Cool DC.