Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120
Results 1,786 to 1,797 of 1797

Task Force Z #3.

Fun, eventful, fast paced issue. I liked this one a lot. And I liked the ending most of it all.
    Looking forward to see how this follows.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-29-2021 at 04:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Why are they giving Jason an armored Suit when it is completely useless?

In Urban legends he put on this suit specificity against Freeze, but it didn't really seem to help in the first issue, than he got shot in issue #2, and now stabbed in issue #3 (and a Sai is afaik normally a blunt weapon in real life).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

In Urban legends he put on this suit specificity against Freeze, but it didn't really seem to help in the first issue, than he got shot in issue #2, and now stabbed in issue #3 (and a Sai is afaik normally a blunt weapon in real life).
    As a matter in fact, armours like that one can't stop point blank bullets and aren't very protected in the joint against piercing small weapons like Chesire's. They're good against cutting and blunt weaponry.

So... Yeah, it's kinda useless against those.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-28-2021 at 03:31 PM.

I just assumed because it was a gift from Bruce is why he’s wearing it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Task Force Z is a mess.

Jason has always been following someone's lead and now he doesn't know what to do? Are you serious?

Is the exact same nonsense that Tynion pulled during his run. Jason might be a mess of a man with deep psychological issues but he has always been someone with conviction and the willpower to see through his own convictions with the need of someone else calling the shots. Hell, the whole reason he died in the first place was precisely because he defied orders and did what he thought was the right thing. Rosenberg has absolutely no understanding of Jason's character.

And the thing with Bane is just self-indulgent fluff that is completely meaningless beyond a "shocking" scene to end a story, we know Bane it will just come back next issue and there was no closure at all with the situation with Alfred, just another case of Jason letting his emotions get the better of him. And if editorial knows that the armor is freaking useless, why use it in the first place? What's the freaking point?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    As a matter in fact, armours like that one can't stop point blank bullets and aren't very protected in the joint against piercing small weapons like Chesire's. They're good against cutting and blunt weaponry.
    I would imagine that armored version of the Batsuit should able to protect the wearer against something like this.

I think the 3 issues he has been wearing this suit he got injured more than in the entire time he was wearing his previous suit, that was made up of regular cloth.
    Last edited by Aahz; 12-29-2021 at 12:11 AM.

I would imagine that armored version of the Batsuit should able to protect the wearer against something like this.

I think the 3 issues he has been wearing this suit he got injured more than in the entire time he was wearing his previous suit, that was made up of regular cloth.
    I thought the costume was made in a bulletproof material (all of them, actually. Same for the helmet, that you would expect it can stand heavy hitting: it doesn't), but apparently, it's not. As usual, it all ends with what they want to do for the story, as usual. This one is a gory, bloody one, so, well...

Finally caught up. Well Task Force Z seems to be getting more intriguing with each issue and I kind of really like the Crispin twist.
    The Bane incident is just pure revenge, though I can't enjoy it fully but not for the reasons people are pointing out. Of course we know Bane is coming back, welcome to comics where 99% of deaths are meaningless trite, and characters return as though they had been on holidays. But even though this comic didn't commit the sin of killing Alfred, the elephant in the room couldn't be ignored forever, so I'm glad to see it being addressed regardless.

The actual important and character defining moment here is that with full intention, Jason killed Bane, and by his comment he seems to believe he did so permanently. My problem is not, 'oh no but Bane is coming back so what's the point', my problem is the framing of this moment which as of now, is ambiguous. As a reader, and a fan, this moment reads as catharsis, an almost celebratory moment, and judging by online reactions I don't think I'm alone on this thought, but I worry that like with almost every time that Jason gets a moment of wrath and catharsis in a comic, this incident will come back to bite him or be reframed as a humbling teaching lesson about killing always being badwrong, or some kind of 'oh no he's gone to far moment' despite the fact that killing someone out of vengeance for a loved one, especially an awful villain like Bane, is very much in character. For some reason when it comes to Jason, lately DC has had a habit of punishing the character for doing what most fans want him and/or expect him to do, and I'm tired of that. I'm just not looking forward to more finger wagging by the narrative of all things.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-30-2021 at 02:41 AM.

If everyone is alright with it, I'll start a new thread for the current new year.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Sure, go ahead

Hello everbody, I thought that this would be the best place to ask. I'm making a video about the Gotham knights video game, and I need some references for a section about Red Hood. This section of the video will be dedicated to how Red Hood uses non-lethal methods in the game. I've heard that this is something that he also did in the comics, but I'm not sure where to start for references for this.

Just saying, this is the old thread. Post again in the newer thread if you don't mind, please.

There, we will try to help you.
    It will help with the forum, keeping all our discussion in an updated thread.