Page 42 of 120 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Yeah, I mean just fan-fic. oops.
    Never tapped into fanfics, perhaps I should try it.

-----------------

Anyways,
    any word on Jason getting/starring in a new book (apart from Urban Legends)?
    He's gonna be in a story for a new anthology series Future State: Gotham (similar to how he's being handled in UL, headlining the first few volumes).

But as for getting an ongoing, nothing so far. I really doubt we'll get a solo this year, sadly, but that's me being pessimistic.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

So far, Harley Quinn is the only story that spinned out of Batman: Urban Legends, or? At least I don't remember reading that there'll be an Outsiders run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    So far, Harley Quinn is the only story that spinned out of Batman: Urban Legends, or? At least I don't remember reading that there'll be an Outsiders run.
    Man, I just want to see the gang (Jason, Artemis and Bizarro, throw in Roy too) back together!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I guess then we'd know around when Jason's 6-issue storline finishes, right?

Still don't see him getting his own book this year. I'm betting on different writers using him either for minis/anthologies or their own ongoings.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/...260237315?s=19

Tim Seeley is indeed the writer of Robins

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Batman: Urban Legends #2 preview is out. (Well, the preview for the Batman/Red Hood story. There isn't a preview for the other stories.)

Aw cīmon. First, you're lashing out and now you're crying like a little bitch?

Is too hard for writers to write Jason with respect?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Jason had big Anakin “What I Have Done???” Skywalker energy at the end of the last issue so his reaction here doesn’t surprise me.

Zdarsky keeps writing Jason as if this were his first year acting as Red Hood and keeps making him commit really stupid mistakes.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Blonde Catherine makes me wonder if they're still deleting Sheila

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Most likely.

I'm more than okay with that. Sheila was barely a character and she only existed to bring even more angst to Jason, Catherine being her real mother has a stronger emotional connection and response in consequence.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The only good thing about Shelia was Jason still trying to save her after she sold him out to Joker. If one of the resets happen to erase her from the time line she won’t be missed.

That preview is looking good.
    I like that we're seeing some more of Jason's life before Bruce. In most stories, Jason's issues and trauma are almost always centred around Bruce and Joker and his death and his return, etc. Which is understandable of course, they are the most severe events of his life, but it means that usually his broken home and poverty stricken early childhood rarely gets any spotlight in storytelling or as the root of some deep seated issues despite the severity of that as well.
    Last edited by RedBird; 04-10-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I hope not. Jasons actions with Sheila helped to define his character, her integration into DITF wasn't all that great, but firstly that book had bigger absurdities besides Sheila anyways, and secondly there's no reason a modern retelling couldn't help to rework her character a little.

Not that I think she needs much work, she's a character that existed to die within a few issues, she doesn't need to be fleshed out, it's Jasons story that is important here anyway, not Sheila's, she serves as a good reason as to why he would ever approach the warehouse, and helped define his character with the actions he took thereafter.

Besides the only other two alternative takes on why Jason approaches the warehouse in DITF are;
    A) That Jason simply makes a rash decision to fight the Joker by himself, which just completely diminishes his positive qualities from the OG story and makes him out as being irrational for almost no reason.
    B) Changing the story so that Joker makes Jason think that Catherine is dead, then proceeds to relocate her to Qurac, so that years later, Jason as Robin would follow her there. Which is just point blank, dumb.
    Last edited by RedBird; 04-10-2021 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I hope not. Jasons actions with Sheila helped to define his character, her integration into DITF wasn't all that great, but firstly that book had bigger absurdities besides Sheila anyways, and secondly there's no reason a modern retelling couldn't help to rework her character a little.

Not that I think she needs much work, she's a character that existed to die within a few issues, she doesn't need to be fleshed out, it's Jasons story that is important here anyway, not Sheila's, she serves as a good reason as to why he would ever approach the warehouse, and helped define his character with the actions he took thereafter.

Besides the only other two alternative takes on why Jason approaches the warehouse in DITF are;
    A) That Jason simply makes a rash decision to fight the Joker by himself, which just completely diminishes his positive qualities from the OG story and makes him out as being irrational for almost no reason.
    B) Changing the story so that Joker makes Jason think that Catherine is dead, then proceeds to relocate her to Qurac, so that years later, Jason as Robin would follow her there. Which is just point blank, dumb.
    Joker "hires" Sheila as bait, to make her pretend being a very much alive Catherine to lure Jason into a trap.

Just my idea from some time ago. Could work alright, I think.