Page 69 of 80 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1192
  1. #1021
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The way the solicit is written, Task Force Z is moving from backup to the main story starting October and who knows if the story will be handled by Rosenberg or if it will be Mariko, most likely the latter, given she's the head writer of the book, with all the baggage that entails. That is what I meant about Jason spending most of the story captured. And honestly, after Truth and Justice and Three Jokers, I'm pretty burned about any writer that claims to be a "huge Jason fan" So far the writers that lack that kind of attachment have a better strike record (Lobdell, Williamson, Taylor)
    Taylor's Jason was... eh... Besides a few strokes of character here and there, I don't think he stands out over any other random writer. Williamson's Jason seems to be a nice take, I'll give you that. And Lobdell seemed invested in the character once he took over him, which is very profesional.

    It could be that Mariko is the one writing the main story, yeah. She's a big name now and the one hired for Tec. If she's the one, and this story is in fact the next main story in Tec, well, you may be right and Jason ends as the support character to be rescued. It's a mainline batbook, and they're not going to give Jason the main role. Not in even a million years: I'm sure of it. It's going to be Batman, and maybe someone from the mainstream faves aiding him, like Nightwing or Oracle, or even Robin. Could also be the reporter in Rosenberg's story, Deb. But Jason won't be just a character to be rescued in Rosenberg's story for this issue and the previous one. At least, I'm expecting that one thing to not be disappointing.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  2. #1022
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Seems like Task Force Z is indeed just the new story arc of Detective and going by the solicit, I expect Jason to spend most of the story captured.
    Yeah, I think we can say bye-bye to a Red Hood solo in 2021.

  3. #1023
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Taylor's Jason was... eh... Besides a few strokes of character here and there, I don't think he stands out over any other random writer. Williamson's Jason seems to be a nice take, I'll give you that. And Lobdell seemed invested in the character once he took over him, which is very profesional.

    It could be that Mariko is the one writing the main story, yeah. She's a big name now and the one hired for Tec. If she's the one, and this story is in fact the next main story in Tec, well, you may be right and Jason ends as the support character to be rescued. It's a mainline batbook, and they're not going to give Jason the main role. Not in even a million years: I'm sure of it. It's going to be Batman, and maybe someone from the mainstream faves aiding him, like Nightwing or Oracle, or even Robin. Could also be the reporter in Rosenberg's story, Deb. But Jason won't be just a character to be rescued in Rosenberg's story for this issue and the previous one. At least, I'm expecting that one thing to not be disappointing.
    Understandable. Personally, I'm going into with the lowest expectations possible for all the new stories with Jason. Although I am pretty excited by Titans United if only because is using the All-Caste. I was fearful it would've been swept under the rug.

  4. #1024
    Astonishing Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Yeah, I think we can say bye-bye to a Red Hood solo in 2021.
    Yeah probably. On that note though, I wonder what exactly is the editorial mandate for 'Red Hood' at the moment, cause something has certainly changed.
    On average, the character went from being in their own team book with maybe one or two cameo appearances in other books per year, to now being featured heavily across multiple books in only 6 months.
    I suppose I'm just wondering where this is going, like what things will be in the long run, or if this is actually the new long term standard for the character.

  5. #1025
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    27

    Default

    It could also be like the robin series. Before issue one there were a bunch of back ups in detective comics. It could be a way to set up the future series. At least its what I hope.

  6. #1026
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Marcus To has posted a few of his inked pages for Batman: Urban Legends.
    https://twitter.com/marcusto/status/1406021448402100224

    The good thing about not having a book is that it won't be derailed by the latest event late this summer.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-18-2021 at 06:45 PM.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  7. #1027
    Astonishing Member RedBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    The good thing about not having a book is that it won't be derailed by the latest event late this summer.
    Indeed, the new 'fear state' event is apparently something like three or four months. Way too long.
    Last edited by RedBird; 06-18-2021 at 06:06 PM.

  8. #1028
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Indeed, the new 'fear state' event is apparently something like three or four months. Way too long.
    So, theoretically, other titles can't even use Jason as a prop for the event because he is held captive for a different story. Cool.


    Little easter egg in the Teen Titans Academy #4 preview.

    [IMG]https://***********/aiptcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Teen-Titans-Academy-4-4.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #1029
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,240

    Default

    I appreciate them using a picture of Jason with his helmet rather than the MK mask.

  10. #1030
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    With the fear state stuff still going on, it’s hard to say whether the Task Force Z story continues in October as a (final) back up story, shifts to Tex’s main story or in some completely different Bat project.

  11. #1031
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Geoffo

    "Here are some pin-ups based on Future State: Gotham! Great b&w comic book by @dennisculver @Williamson_Josh & @musashinoelegy published by #dccomics"






  12. #1032
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    702

  13. #1033
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    With the fear state stuff still going on, itís hard to say whether the Task Force Z story continues in October as a (final) back up story, shifts to Texís main story or in some completely different Bat project.
    Or maybe it will be connected to the next crisis event.

  14. #1034
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Dexter Soy



    I really like Jason's hair here. It's a little bit different from Soy's usual version.

  15. #1035
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,527

    Default

    I wanna check something. There's a comic panel where Jason, in civilian outfit, visited a community center or some kind where he once spent time as a child, and met a childhood friend, a black girl I think. Is it Lucius Fox Community Center or something else, and is it in Rebirth comics or the Digital First Gotham Titans Legends of The Dark Knight something-something?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •