Page 76 of 120 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1797
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Related to both Fear and Future State, welp, my expectations just had a massive drop.

I wonder if Rosenberg also intends to address Martinbrough's dangling plots, that editorial promised Zdarski would tackle and it has yet to happen.

And personally, I don't see the point about Jason and Bane discussing Alfred when: it was a massive mistake in King's part that didn't have a payoff, and Bane is already dead anyway.
    Even if it was mistake and Bane is already dead, it doesn’t change the fact that the dude killed Alfred. That’s really not an elephant can be ignored, especially when both people will seemingly be on the same team.

Though, I suppose, it greatly depends on which type of zombie he is & how much of “Bane” is even still there.

Incredible Member

A nice video about him

https://youtu.be/ITAwr9um49g

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Even if it was mistake and Bane is already dead, it doesn’t change the fact that the dude killed Alfred. That’s really not an elephant can be ignored, especially when both people will seemingly be on the same team.

Though, I suppose, it greatly depends on which type of zombie he is & how much of “Bane” is even still there.
    Nonsense, elephants in the room get ignored all the time in comic books, and dragging the death of Alfred is just putting salt in the wound because is something that should never happen in the first place and anything they try to do now is just writers trying to put a bandaid into a gaping wound of bad writing. Furthermore, from what we know Jason isn't willingly teaming up with Bane but with his rotting corpse, what closure or explanation can you get from the broken shell of a man that can't understand take responsibility for its actions?

And if the zombies are sentient and have their personalities intact, then why making them zombies in the first place?

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    A nice video about him

https://youtu.be/ITAwr9um49g
    This was surprisingly thorough about all and any feat of Jason from the past decade (funnily enough, there are no feats listed from before the N52) and the guy was also pretty objective calling out the most outrageous feats as downright impossible but conceding is comics after all. I did find weird there was no mention of the All blades but I guess they would fit under gear and not really part of his innate physical prowess.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 07-14-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Nonsense, elephants in the room get ignored all the time in comic books, and dragging the death of Alfred is just putting salt in the wound because is something that should never happen in the first place and anything they try to do now is just writers trying to put a bandaid into a gaping wound of bad writing. Furthermore, from what we know Jason isn't willingly teaming up with Bane but with his rotting corpse, what closure or explanation can you get from the broken shell of a man that can't understand take responsibility for its actions?

And if the zombies are sentient and have their personalities intact, then why making them zombies in the first place?
    While true, with characters where there might be a connecting point of conflict, it makes sense to bring it up.

I assume they're being zombies makes them more durable. Like they can get torn apart and probably come back from that...and craving brains.

I still think that is needlessly dragging things up and the premise itself means there won't be a satisfying payoff either way. Being able of coming back from being blown up also undermines the idea of this being a Suicide Squad spin-off. Unless that the promise is brought them back to life but that idea is kind of dumb, why would you revive a bunch of supervillians?

Can we just wait and see what the actual story is about and how is it told? I meam, we are starting to guess a lot aoput the story at this point, and honestly, I don't think it's much info in there to guess to that point. I did the same before FS was out and it turned out pretty nicely (much unlike what I was expecting).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-14-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

No, we must form our opinions now & argue over them for the next 4 months until the issue is out.

Unboxing of the XM Studios Red Hood statue

If it's only dead characters in the line up, then I wonder if Deadshot will eventually show up in the series, last I recall he became the big sacrificial lamb for the the last Suicide Squad run before Infinite Frontier launched. It would be nice to see him get a chance to live again and be reunited with his daughter.

Plus since this is a Red Hood centred series, it might be interesting to see Jason, who has experienced his fair share of unfit and/or bad parental figures, take the time to try and help a father who (last we saw of him) was remorseful and was actually attempting to better themselves for the sake of their child.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Here's the Peacekeeper Red design from Future State: Gotham #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    This bit came a few minutes ago. Matthew Rosenberg released a new newsletter. This is what he said there about TFZ:
    "Yes, it will reflect the events of Chip and Eddy’s Red Hood story in BATMAN URBAN LEGENDS."

Which "events"?
    They aren't still going to kill Tyler, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume they're being zombies makes them more durable. Like they can get torn apart and probably come back from that...and craving brains.
    Also similar to the suicide squad, for this zombified crew there could also be a ticking bomb element in the form of their 'time' revived, as opposed to an actual bomb in their skulls. Assuming the zombies are lucid enough to comprehend their actions, perhaps their 'zombified time' is actually limited? Or considering the talk of them 'eating people', perhaps the longer their existence continues the more susceptible they are at becoming more and more mindless and losing their consciousness. Such a concept could be fitting for the theme of redemption for a bunch of villains, the idea that they either have one last shot to redeem themselves while there is still enough identity and humanity in them to actually earn a second chance at life, or to not bother and lose themselves, remaining as monsters forever, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Which "events"?
    I hope not, though the completely misleading solicitation for the latest issue has been suspicious to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Also similar to the suicide squad, for this zombified crew there could also be a ticking bomb element in the form of their 'time' revived, as opposed to an actual bomb in their skulls. Assuming the zombies are lucid enough to comprehend their actions, perhaps their 'zombified time' is actually limited? Or considering the talk of them 'eating people', perhaps the longer their existence continues the more susceptible they are at becoming more and more mindless and losing their consciousness. Such a concept could be fitting for the theme of redemption for a bunch of villains, the idea that they either have one last shot to redeem themselves while there is still enough identity and humanity in them to actually earn a second chance at life, or to not bother and lose themselves, remaining as monsters forever, literally.
    The thing is, a mindless murdering machine that feels no fear or guilt is actually the kind of assets that Waller would kill to have on hand. So I doubt that is a concern for whoever is bringing the villains back to life. A second shot to live is more plausible reasoning for the Zombie villains to join but that is assuming they're actually sentient and again, why would anyone be willing to bring them back to life? Once they're alive they could very easily want revenge for being zombified and used as tools or they could be dropped into Waller's lap to be drafted into the SS essentially becoming slaves.

The only way a premise like that works is if there's no one calling the shots but then the problem is, why would Jason be teaming up with a bunch of man-eating zombies instead of disposing of them? If the villains would actually be alive again then it would make a lot more sense to team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    "Yes, it will reflect the events of Chip and Eddy’s Red Hood story in BATMAN URBAN LEGENDS."

Which "events"?
    I think he means whatever happens in the comic. In a general sense.

------

It's a character driven story, guys.
    It's not going to be a squad made of brainless zombies.

Edit: my bet / guess / theory / speculation is that they're going to be revived in the current IF story, by either the ring or some other shenanigans. If they want to stay alive and not start to root and eat brains or suck blood or whatever, they have to agree with Waller's ****, or maybe Jason's conditions even (if they deserve to be alive and sane or not). The moment they don't, they are left to root and decay.

I've already read FS:G. It was alright. A bit underwhelming, and I don't think I like the story being interrupted by those two; but the cliffhanger was nice, and I'm honestly interested in where this is going to go (even if I have my guesses).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-15-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

It's interesting that all the artists of Task Force Z - Eddy Barrows, Eber Ferreira and Adriano Lucas - are also involved in the Cheer story in Batman: Urban Legends.

I hope you people like it when characters clench their teeth really hard