Page 9 of 120 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Soy's "Red Ronin" Hood design might be my favorite Hood design by a fairly wide margin. At least everything from the belt up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Soy's "Red Ronin" Hood design might be my favorite Hood design by a fairly wide margin. At least everything from the belt up.
    Yeah, the sneakers really kind of takeaway from it.

Kinda off-topic, but Damian is getting his own ongoing starting April by Joshua Williamson and Glev Melnikov, both of whom are behind the 2-issue story in Infinite Frontier. He's back at being Robin too! Wonder how they'll treat Tim, too.

I'm a bit surprised since I didn't expect such an announcement so soon, but it makes sense as his starting Infinite Frontier arc is only two issues long. So, I guess it'll take longer for us to know if Jason gets anything after his six issues, but it's cool to know they don't feel shackled around specific deadlines. Still waiting on Aquaman, too.

Honestly, this Robin solo makes me less excited for a Red. Hood solo, not more. Now I'm afraid they'll just make the whole of Lobdell's run a fever dream or something, if something as dramatic as Damian ditching the Robin identity can be undone, I'm afraid Rd hood's insular title will be entirely forgotten... I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jason return to the unhinged mess he was before the New 52 era...

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly, this Robin solo makes me less excited for a Red. Hood solo, not more. Now I'm afraid they'll just make the whole of Lobdell's run a fever dream or something, if something as dramatic as Damian ditching the Robin identity can be undone, I'm afraid Rd hood's insular title will be entirely forgotten... I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jason return to the unhinged mess he was before the New 52 era...
    I don't think it'll happen, I wouldn't worry too much!

Like, this rendition where he's a hero/anti-hero with a heart seems to be more popular and bankable than whatever we had before (except for UtRH, which obviously can't continue in the same manner as that's essentially Jason's Red Hood origin story).

Damian stopping being Robin wasn't well received iirc, right? There's also that theory that it was change either rushed or not too well communicated seeing Tim's portrayal during Joker War, but I don't know about that.

I wouldn't worry about Jason returning to the unhinged mess he was during the dark times.

Damian's departure from Robin was always going to be a temporary thing that ended with him reclaiming the mantle. That well isn't anywhere near tapped out.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I feel the same, only because it seems like this is a storyline perfect for Jason, yet they keep shoving this 11yo in our face. Keep him with Bruce. Am I supposed to think an 11yo has any chance to accomplish anything with the League of Assassins?

At least his new design is pretty interesting.

Yeah. Seeing this makes me even less interested in FS Red Hood. It's going to be just testing waters for the writer and about a character he may not have been very enthusiastic about.

Call me a pessimist.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I feel the same, only because it seems like this is a storyline perfect for Jason
    That's true, looking at the characters on the cover and even the concept, this premise could have easily worked with Jason too, as well as several other storylines and directions afforded to a lot of other characters. But, it all comes down to no writer having an interest in Jason as a character, full stop. Jason has a lot of potential thanks to a complex history and an interesting connection to a lot of well-known and/or important DC characters, but it's never explored, because no writers care to explore it, and that's always been the real issue with Jason. It's been that way for quite some time.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Is early to say, but I don't think they're going to sweep under the rug the thing about Damian rejecting Bruce, just going by Damian's new costume it seems that Williamson is trying to have his cake and eat it since it has the R logo on his chest and a big D on his belt buckle. The whole thing about Damian having a fallout with Bruce was a badly handled plot and a mistake to my eyes, so whatever.

That said, I for one, am glad that Jason is being kept away from the League. It just doesn't fit him and Tynion thoroughly poisoned that well during his run, let Damian keep it, he needs it more and the All Caste is better anyways. And this announcement puts a kibosh on the speculation of the mysterious masked man Melkinov had posted before, the announcement does raise the odds of the Red Hood book coming back at some point in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    the announcement does raise the odds of the Red Hood book coming back at some point in 2021
    Really, how so?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Really, how so?
    By proving more books are being added to the Batman family lineup, plus the earlier mentions from Tynion about Urban Legends seeding new series within its pages. At this point, even a Tim focused book isn't out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    By proving more books are being added to the Batman family lineup.
    To be fair, was there really ever a question or doubt of Nightwing and Robin having books? Those are literally the most popular brands and titles next to Batman, the only other 'sure thing' title was Batgirl, and even that one is awaiting announcement IF it even is going to exist.
    Last edited by RedBird; 01-14-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yeah. Seeing this makes me even less interested in FS Red Hood. It's going to be just testing waters for the writer and about a character he may not have been very enthusiastic about.

Call me a pessimist.
    Not surprising if true, an utter lack of passionate writers for the character has been a severe handicap for Jason since forever, to the point where I feel the character has survived and in some aspects has thrived in spite of DC comics, rather than because of DC comics.

Can only hope now that whilst the Urban Legends book is running, in the meantime there'll be some kind of effort to reach out to new talent who are interested or current writers who are interested and just haven't been publicly vocal. Cause man, even in the best cases where the writing is decent enough and Jason is portrayed decent enough, you can still feel the obvious lack of passion/interest from a writer. See DCeased Unkillables.
    Last edited by RedBird; 01-14-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    To be fair, was there really ever a question or doubt of Nightwing and Robin having books? Those are literally the most popular brands and titles next to Batman, the only other 'sure thing' title was Batgirl, and even that one is awaiting announcement IF it even is going to exist.
    I don’t think anybody was honestly expecting to see a Robin solo book. A Batman & Robin book? Possibly. A teen Titans book with a Robin? Sure. But a Robin solo?