Page 1 of 120 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood, Arkham Knight Appreciation 2021

Hoping for a good showing Jason Todd aka Red Hood for 2021.
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Happy new year to everybody.

Current/Upcoming Appearances:

In comics:

• Task Force Z written by Matthew Rosenberg, with art by Eddy Barrows and Eber Ferreira
    • Future State: Gotham written by Joshua Williamson and Dennis Culver, with art by Giannis Milonogiannis
    • Suicide Squad: Get Joker! written by Brian Azzarello, with art by Alex Maleev
    • Titans United written by Cavan Scott, with art by Jose Luis
    • Robins written by Tim Seeley, with art by Baldemar Rivas (DC Round Robin)
    • (side-character) Dark Knights of Steel written by Tom Taylor, with art by Yasmine Putri
    • Beyond the White Knight written/drawn by Sean Murphy (Batman: White Knight universe)
    • (fan-made) Batman: Wayne Family Adventures written by CRC Payne, with art by StarBite

Past comic appearances (in 2021)

• Future State: Dark Detective #2 and #4: The Red Hood written by Joshua Williamson, with art by Giannis Milonogiannis
    • Truth & Justice #4 written by Jeff Trammell, with art by Rob Guillory (digital first release)
    • Batman: Urban Legends (Anthology) #1-#6: Batman/Red Hood written by Chip Zdarsky, with art by Eddy Barrows
      (collected in Batman: Urban Legends Vol. 1)
    • The Road to Task Force Z - back-up in Detective Comics #1041 - #1043, written by Matthew Rosenberg, with art by Darick Robertson
    • (guest appearance) Robin #5 written by Joshua Williamson, with art by Gleb Melnikov
    • (guest appearance) Nightwing Annual 2021 #1 written by Tom Taylor, with art by Cian Tormey
    • (on the cover of) Batman: Fear State: Omega #1

Other media:
    • Gotham Knights game (delayed until 2022)
    • Young Justice (cartoon), season 4
    • Titans (TV series), season 3
    • XM Red Hood (Samurai Series) 1/4 Premium Collectibles Statue by XM Studios
    • McFarlane Toys DC MULTIVERSE - Red Hood Unmasked (Gold Label)
    • McFarlane Toys DC MULTIVERSE Batman Three Jokers - Red Hood
    • McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse DCeased Unkillables - Red Hood
    • McFarlane Toys DC Gaming - Red Hood
    • Batman: Arkham Knight Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech No.24 Arkham Knight Action Figure
    • Batman: Hush MAFEX No.133 Hush

Background information:

"I'm my own man! Me, Jason Todd!"

(Batman #408)

Jason Peter Todd, born and risen in Lady City of Gotham's crudest part, came to become the second Robin, the Red Hood and the Wingman; the Arkham Knight of a different, grimmer universe; The Damned Prince of Gotham who suffered and died by the hand of the Clown Prince of Crime - but also the young man whose sheer will and bad luck couldn't let him rest and who made his way back from the grave.

Vigilante, avenger: he fights for fairness, for setting the wrong right and for defending and protecting those who cannot fend themselves, and he will do so crossing lines into dark areas or delivering a brutal brand of justice. A daring and sassy adventurer who has traveled not only this world and the space, but other universes. A flawed man who fights not only the monsters out but also inside, who fears the ghosts of memories and suffers from them and despite that will fight back with determination. A man who can despise himself as much as he despises others; Who makes mistakes but also rights; Who can love as much as long for being loved, and hate as much as he loves. Who can lose himself in anger as well as in loneliness.

Jason Peter Todd is a complex character, product of a complex editorial history. This is his appreciation thread and this is how we come to appreciate and ramble about him.

(Thanks @Zaresh for writing the above introduction.)

Quick two-step introduction to Jason Todd/Red Hood

Step 1: Watch Batman: Under the Red Hood
    Step 2: Read the current Rebirth run of Red Hood and the Outlaws (renamed Red Hood: Outlaw with issue 27 and Red Hood with issue 51), trades:
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 1 - Dark Trinity
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 2 - Who is Artemis?
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 3 - Bizarro Reborn
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 4 - Good Night Gotham
    • Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 1 - Requiem for an Archer
    • Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 2 - Prince of Gotham
    • Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 3 - Generation Outlaw
    • Red Hood: Outlaw Vol 4 - Unspoken Truths

Old Threads:
    Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood, Arkham Knight Appreciation 2020
    Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood, Arkham Knight, Prince of Gotham Appreciation 2019
    Jason Todd: Robin, Arkham Knight, Red Hood Appreciation 2018 (actually 2014-2018)

Fanfic recommendations:

List of recommended fanfic authors
    List of recommended fanfics (info)

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree(s) of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree(s) of this thread. No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.
    Last edited by Sergard; 01-01-2022 at 09:38 AM.

Kenneth Rocafort will always be my favorite artist for Red Hood (Jason Todd):

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Happy new year, sweet prince

820872._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

artist: @hwen118

artist: Yolin

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Happy 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Happy 2021
    Happy new year to you all, guys. I hope this 2021 ends up being a way happier year than the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Happy new year to you all, guys. I hope this 2021 ends up being a way happier year than the previous one.
    I hope so too. Maybe I'm misremembering but I feel like 2020 started very promising - and then a lot of bad stuff happened.

Happy New Year to Jason and all his fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I hope so too. Maybe I'm misremembering but I feel like 2020 started very promising - and then a lot of bad stuff happened.
    It started good, yeah. But then, it all went down soon enough, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Jason and all his fans .
    Wish you the same. Wish you the best this year.

Happy new year to my favorite robin.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Surprised Tynion's newsletter hasn't been posted yet.

Urban Legends is going to be a real gift. A lot of storylines will be seeded in that title before they break out into their own titles… There are also more books to come in the Gotham line as the year goes on. Big moments in the core Gotham titles will set new runs in motion in other titles. Backups and shorts might turn into one-shots and miniseries and series, and we're working to make sure it all matters.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jame...and-the-joker/

I'm not sure about what to think of these possibilities, to be honest. For a unified storyline running among multiple titles to work, it needs that the person in charge of it has the needed chops to spin so many plates at once and unfortunately, DC has proved again and again that they no longer have people around able to do that. Furthermore, Tynion is the current architect of the Batman universe for the foreseeable future, and I've never liked his work or the creative choices he makes (to not mention that the one time he wrote Jason it was an unreadable mess) so I'm worried the remedy ends up being worse than the sickness.

We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Sounds like it’ll be a collaborative effort with monthly meetings and such so maybe it’ll be more of them hands off and focused on making sure everybody’s on the same page with recent developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Sounds like it’ll be a collaborative effort with monthly meetings and such so maybe it’ll be more of them hands off and focused on making sure everybody’s on the same page with recent developments.
    You realize that is (allegedly) precisely what every major "unified editorial line" has been for a decade. right? Did you forget already of Snyder's claims during Night of Owls? or Tynion's own stint as the Batman Architect during the two Batman Eternal weeklies?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    You realize that is (allegedly) precisely what every major "unified editorial line" has been for a decade. right? Did you forget already of Snyder's claims during Night of Owls? or Tynion's own stint as the Batman Architect during the two Batman Eternal weeklies?
    C’mon Dark, let me pretend it’ll be different this time until it inevitably proves it’s no different than it was every other time they claimed the exact same thing.