Page 82 of 120 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1797

Just getting back into comics for the first time in a few years. Jason Todd/Red Hood has always been one of my favorite characters. How is he doing these days? No solo comic I see. No more Hood and his friends. I have seen him in some bat book and others over the past month I have picked up. Just wondering if someone can update me on how hes doing and if he will get his own series in the future (I would try to look it all up myself but i am currently at work in a busy Boston emergency room). Thanks
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Just getting back into comics for the first time in a few years. Jason Todd/Red Hood has always been one of my favorite characters. How is he doing these days? No solo comic I see. No more Hood and his friends. I have seen him in some bat book and others over the past month I have picked up. Just wondering if someone can update me on how hes doing and if he will get his own series in the future (I would try to look it all up myself but i am currently at work in a busy Boston emergency room). Thanks
    RHATO ended in December of last year, since then Jason has only been in minis and guest appearances here and there. However, he will be leading a new book titled Task Force Z about dead Batman rogues resurrected as Zombies in a Suicide Squad spin-off. Besides that, Brian Azzarello is doing a three-part mini for Black Label (out of continuity, "Mature" imprint) that has Jason inducted into the Suicide Squad to hunt down the Joker, the book is titled Suicide Squad: Get Joker, the first issue should come next week. Jason will also be part of a 7-issue mini where he's with the Titans, titled Titans United, this one is due for September.

Character-wise hasn't changed much, having an on-and-off relationship with Bruce dropping by to help before going back to angsting and repeating ad-nauseum.

Anyway, my local Comic Shop just got the listings for the upcoming series available for subscription, and Task Force Z is listed as a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Dexter said they got a writer for this, right? I'm still very intrigued as to what this is, since a non-official project doesn't strike me as a very feasible thing. I'd imagine DC would stop that.

I'd love an Elseworld kind of thing for this. Or, as much as I'm enjoying Future State Red Hood (surprisingly so), it'd have been cool to have those designs and that team for the Future State brand.

I just wish Dexter's given an actual Red Hood ongoing with a good writer. His designs for both Jason and Red Hood are the best and I've yet to see any artist with more love towards a character. At the end of the day, I'm glad his stint as a Red Hood artist coincided with Lobdell's best writing on the character by far: it's no secret I really don't like him (found his N52 stuff to be dreadful and didn't love his DCYou run), but I thknk early Rebirth to be really good and it's a shame it then had to devolve into Outlaw (enjoyable), Prince of Gotham (enjoyable, but messy and meaningless with stupid decisions) and what came after (absolute awfulness imo), regardless of whether editorial was to blame for some of my most disliked decisions or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Anyway, my local Comic Shop just got the listings for the upcoming series available for subscription, and Task Force Z is listed as a mini.

Well, there goes my hope for a regular series.
    It does make more sense for it to be a mini. But, sigh.

During it's announcement it had already been confirmed by Rosenberg several times to be an ongoing. That listing could potentially be an error/mix up since TFZ was announced alongside the DC vs Vampires miniseries.

That said, I can see this book possibly having a clear end or shelf life, what with the very specific premise and all. Perhaps the book was not short enough to qualify as a mini series but maybe something like, 20? 30 issues.
    Last edited by RedBird; 07-30-2021 at 04:29 AM.

Yeah, I think it's likelier to be a mistake on the listing's side than on Rosenberg himself.

Then again, I too agree with this premise being kinda weird for an ongoing without an end in sight. As said, it's way too specific. I could see the main character rotating, though. I'd imagine DC will have some other plans for Jason that don't involve him being indefinitely tied to a zombie Suicide Squad. Or at least, I hope so, it's not a prerogative that would excite me beyond a few arcs.

RHATO ended in December of last year, since then Jason has only been in minis and guest appearances here and there. However, he will be leading a new book titled Task Force Z about dead Batman rogues resurrected as Zombies in a Suicide Squad spin-off. Besides that, Brian Azzarello is doing a three-part mini for Black Label (out of continuity, "Mature" imprint) that has Jason inducted into the Suicide Squad to hunt down the Joker, the book is titled Suicide Squad: Get Joker, the first issue should come next week. Jason will also be part of a 7-issue mini where he's with the Titans, titled Titans United, this one is due for September.

Character-wise hasn't changed much, having an on-and-off relationship with Bruce dropping by to help before going back to angsting and repeating ad-nauseum.

Thank you.

Well hopefully we can see a ongoing Red Hood title in the future. Such a great character.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    During it's announcement it had already been confirmed by Rosenberg several times to be an ongoing.
    Even is it is an ongoing I don't think they are really planing for this to go longer than 2 or maybe 3 years, it is simply not really a premise for a book that will go forever.

They got the listings from the distributor and I haven't heard of those ever being wrong. The listings seem to imply it will be a mini of 8 to 12 issues since minis of seven or fewer issues have specified the number in the listing.

And yeah, as others have pointed out, the premise doesn't have legs to go past the initial arc, is too gimmicky.

EDIT: Oh, and BC has some spoilers of Get Joker, nothing too specific about Jason yet but it definitely will be controversial.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 07-30-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Even is it is an ongoing I don't think they are really planing for this to go longer than 2 or maybe 3 years, it is simply not really a premise for a book that will go forever.
    I know, it's why I mentioned that it seems possible the book may have a clear end and shelf life, possibly around 20-30 issues.

EDIT: Oh, and BC has some spoilers of Get Joker, nothing too specific about Jason yet but it definitely will be controversial.
    Interesting, I suppose that spoiler should have come as no surprise since the solicitation mentioned Joker taking over, and yet, it's still strangely shocking to see.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I know, it's why I mentioned that it seems possible the book may have a clear end and shelf life, possibly around 20-30 issues.
    You're being way too generous/optimistic with that guess. There are actual ongoing series that barely can get 6 issues out, no way Task Force Z will be able to last that long.

You're being way too generous/optimistic with that guess. There are actual ongoing series that barely can get 6 issues out, no way Task Force Z will be able to last that long.
    No, not really. My comment was not a matter of optimism or pessimism whatsoever, cause it wasn't a guess into how long it would last sales wise, it was more so a guess/estimate into the length and number of issues the writer may need for the series to go on, in order to tell a complete story and to successfully wrap it up. For such a large cast of characters, but with a specific premise, I think around 20 issues, (give or take a few,) is a fair amount and enough time to tell a story that feels fleshed out enough but not too rushed.

Preview is out for Suicide Squad: Get Joker!

Alfred as the 'cool mom' is kinda funny and cute.
    Last edited by RedBird; 07-30-2021 at 09:27 PM.

Not a bad start but is strange to see that seemingly this version of Jason never fixed things with Bruce and that he got caught by a bunch of regular cops.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I keep forgetting this is not the canon one since both of them involve the Task Force