Page 102 of 120 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    I recall Shane Davis mentioning some years back he had sent in a pitch that basically ends with Jason as the new head of the League of Assassins. A pity DC never picked that up.
    Well, in my ooinion, if it was even a real thing at any point, it would have been something short lasting. The League's head is always going to be either Ra's or Talia. It's really, really hard to change that status quo at this point, and also, the League are enemies for Batman and the bats, so then Jason would have ended being a villain to the bats in the slight chance it would've stuck. I personally dislike that idea a lot.

For a brief time (a story arc 6 or 12 issues long), it could be a nice read depending on his role regarding the rest of the bats, maybe.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-02-2021 at 10:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Well, in my ooinion, if it was even a real thing at any point, it would have been something short lasting. The League's head is always going to be either Ra's or Talia. It's really, really hard to change that status quo at this point, and also, the League are enemies for Batman and the bats, so then Jason would have ended being a villain to the bats in the slight chance it would've stuck. I personally dislike that idea a lot.

For a brief time (a story arc 6 or 12 issues long), it could be a nice read depending on his role regarding the rest of the bats, maybe.
    Thing is also that the league without Ras is not that interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Thing is also that the league without Ras is not that interesting...
    That's true, too.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I recall Shane Davis mentioning some years back he had sent in a pitch that basically ends with Jason as the new head of the League of Assassins. A pity DC never picked that up.
    I'm so glad that they never did, is a horrible direction to take Jason, plus, Tynion tried that during his tenure in RHATO, it just doesn't work. That is just Jason stealing a plotline that is rightfully Damian's.

In fact, a lot of the ideas that I've seen editorial try with Jason are just putting him in a role that it should be for another of his brothers, usually Dick and/or Damian. That is why I found the All-Caste to be brilliant addition to Jason's backstory, it takes as basis his ties with Talia but spins it in a way that is exclusively Jason's.

Astonishing Member

They already tried that with Cassandra Cain. It was pretty horrible.

So, if this is true, Jason dodget a bullet.

So Jason might be getting his own movie. I don't know how to feel because I don't mind but I was hoping they were going with the Robins numbering.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So Jason might be getting his own movie. I don't know how to feel because I don't mind but I was hoping they were going with the Robins numbering.
    What are you talking about?

The Videogame Red Hood figure got leaked and well...

On one hand, I love the design, on the other, those alternate hands are a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Wondering the same. He has UTRH and Death in the Family. Both of which are Jason's stories/movies. Shame they couldn't bring Jensen Ackles back to voice him in DiF, but what's done is done.

Extraordinary Member

I guess about this article.

The rumoured actor for the roles seems again a little short for the role ...

I guess about this article.

The rumoured actor for the roles seems again a little short for the role ...
    Yeah. 5'8. Jason, when he comes back, is supposed to be 6ft. *sigh*
    And trying to make it tie into the Snyder films is about impossible, since the director is supposed to be doing Nightwing, and Dick Grayson was the one Snyder killed off (whomever put him in charge, after reviewing his outline of the series, needs to be canned, along with Snyder-everything).

Surprisingly, the rumor is not from Cosmic Book News (that as matter of fact they made up 95% of the scoops they publish) and The HashTag show has a better reputation.

I love Cobra Kai and I think that Tanner can pull off both the role and the looks of Jason since his character in that does have some similarities with Jason (although every time I see him in Cobra Kai I can't stop thinking of Boy Meets World Shawn Hunter). If nothing else he's a much better fit than Curran who just doesn't fit Red Hood at all. Being shorter than Jason is in the comics is honestly a pretty minor inconvenience since is pretty damn easy to make short actors look taller, just look at Downey Jr or Tom Cruise.

That said, I very much doubt this is something that will actually materialize, especially with the way DC Films seems to rather focus on POC characters given the confirmed projects that are in the works.

Extraordinary Member

Surprisingly, the rumor is not from Cosmic Book News (that as matter of fact they made up 95% of the scoops they publish)
    only 95%?

That said, I very much doubt this is something that will actually materialize, especially with the way DC Films seems to rather focus on POC characters given the confirmed projects that are in the works.
    They could still race bent Jason. I mean they even did it with Barbara Gordon...
    And with Jason would be (apart from negative racial sterotypes) less of a problem than with almost any other Batfamily member.
    Last edited by Aahz; 10-04-2021 at 12:40 AM.

only 95%?

They could still race bent Jason. I mean they even did it with Barbara Gordon...
    And with Jason would be (apart from negative racial sterotypes) less of a problem than with almost any other Batfamily member.
    I'd say that would be a pretty big issue. I'd go so far to say that Jason's background is precisely what would cause backlash if he were to be racebend since it would give him all the negative stereotypes that the recent push for diversity in media is trying to change.

I'd say that would be a pretty big issue. I'd go so far to say that Jason's background is precisely what would cause backlash if he were to be racebend since it would give him all the negative stereotypes that the recent push for diversity in media is trying to change.
    I agree. I can see the social media storm coming from miles because the idea somehow, eh, doesn't sit well entirely to myself. So the impoverished kid who is stealing for survival has to be poc, huh? It wouldn't be much of a problem if the other kids are POC groups usually also depicted as lower class. Also, there's the thing that there are white impoverished people in the big cities too. But then, huh, what if we miss a very good cast for that role just because the guy who gets the role isn't your anglo-looking handsome tween, eh? I'm all for a good cast, when calling the day.

That said, I don't like the vibe that that article is giving me. Tied to the Nightwing movie, a story following 4 characters... It's a reciple for a mess of a movie, and a mess in which Jason is one of the bad guys clearly no greys or whatsoever (not even a tortured character like in AK). I need to have actual names trustworthy to put my concerns to rest. I can smell the victim blaming and the Morrison era Jason approaching, and I don't like that smell.

God, I just hope it's not going to awful, like the Titans show has turned to be.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-04-2021 at 02:48 AM.