Page 103 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1797
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I'd say that would be a pretty big issue. I'd go so far to say that Jason's background is precisely what would cause backlash if he were to be racebend since it would give him all the negative stereotypes that the recent push for diversity in media is trying to change.
    It is not like that stopped them before, I mean just look at the current Batwoman...

RE Comment: Does anyone miss Killer Jason

I don't miss him but that that'd be a better direction for the character. At least killer Jason had a clear direction and narrative. The Red Hood [Robin who was killed and came back angry and wanting change] That made sense. Red Hood with a Bat brand on his chest and answering to bruce feels directionless.

It's compelling if it's interpreted as a cry for attention. I guess.

Jason as antagonist Red Hood had a niche.

Jason as Red Hood Batman's ally loses that niche and becomes like Nightwing, batwoman or Red Robin.
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-04-2021 at 05:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The problem is not Jason being an ally to the Batfamily, the problem is that writers keep having him glued to the hip with Bruce instead of giving him the chance to have his own adventures and cast. Even Task Force Z is still tangled with Bruce due to its own premise. What is needed is to get Jason out of Gotham and only have come by for crossovers events instead of being there all the time.

Tynion's cavalcade of OCs is also further complicating things.

One thing I see in fanfics for Jason, is that some make him Latino.

I'm not a fan of racebending. Never have been. I have no issues introducing a new character into a a role that is a POC, or better yet, promoting an already existing one, but the racebending, outside of certain Elseworlds, just doesn't sit right with me. Especially all the redheads getting turned into POC (Wally West in the New52 being a prime example). Another one I've seen some push for (but not many) is make Artemis Grace (another redhead) black, rather than promote Nubia (an already established, black, Amazon).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    One thing I see in fanfics for Jason, is that some make him Latino.

I'm not a fan of racebending. Never have been. I have no issues introducing a new character into a a role that is a POC, or better yet, promoting an already existing one, but the racebending, outside of certain Elseworlds, just doesn't sit right with me. Especially all the redheads getting turned into POC (Wally West in the New52 being a prime example). Another one I've seen some push for (but not many) is make Artemis Grace (another redhead) black, rather than promote Nubia (an already established, black, Amazon).

A lot of fanartists and fanfic writers that push for the idea of Jason being latino are not aware of their implications of that that entails and just change him because they want to give him an "exotic" flavor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    But not a good one.

There are basically two problems with him being an Antagonist:
    - as antagonist he can't really have his own series
    - a competent antagonist who knows the heroes identities, only works when he is not going after the heros

As killer he could only really work on the long run as kind of an "evil ally", similar to when Batfamily members team up with Harley, Deathstroke, Shiva ect...

As killer he has also the problem that he can't really kill the A-List villains in the main stream continuity (for obvious reasons), so he would be either stuck with killing fodder or the writers would have to just create big villains so that Jason could kill them.

Hmm, I wonder if Get Joker #3 got delayed. Is supposed to come tomorrow but no preview was released, isn't listed on either Comixology or DC's site and a bunch of online shops have different releases dates like November or even January.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm, I wonder if Get Joker #3 got delayed. Is supposed to come tomorrow but no preview was released, isn't listed on either Comixology or DC's site and a bunch of online shops have different releases dates like November or even January.
    It was pushed back to November 2.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-delays-justice-league-batman-catwoman-26-more-comics-due-to-supply-chain-issues/

Ah, that explains it. Sucks it got delayed a full month.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    RE Comment: Does anyone miss Killer Jason

I don't miss him but that that'd be a better direction for the character. At least killer Jason had a clear direction and narrative. The Red Hood [Robin who was killed and came back angry and wanting change] That made sense. Red Hood with a Bat brand on his chest and answering to bruce feels directionless.

It's compelling if it's interpreted as a cry for attention. I guess.

Jason as Red Hood Batman's ally loses that niche and becomes like Nightwing, batwoman or Red Robin.
    It's funny, how most people who think this way are also Dick fans. Or Bruce fans. Not all, true: but many, if not most.

An antagonist-alone stand only works as a tool for the protagonist narrative (Bruce, Dick or whoever you choose as the "hero"). He would be accessory to them, not telling his own story (look at how it works for other antagonistic character). And he would transition into being basically a villain (much like Deathstroke, a mainstream character who is an actual villain to begin with. Or Magneto, or Cyclops, who wasn't, more recently in Marvel. Antagonist characters to the protagonist change into actual villains and secondary characters soon enough), because mainstream aimed comics aren't deep narrative wise.
    Hard no for me, and I bet it is a no for many fans of Jason.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-04-2021 at 11:32 AM.

A teaser from ISMAHAWK just dropped for a live action version of the Batman Wayne Family Adventures webtoon.

I'm liking a lot of the cast here. Looks like Soys helmet is being used here, (nice, thats a plus) and also the same actor that played Jason in that last Red Hood vs Winter Soldier video is playing him here too. Which is also a plus for me, I think this guy has the right look (you know, actually being tall and large enough to come across as convincingly intimidating) and he seems to be a stunt actor which is honestly a skillset I would prefer for an actor taking up the Red Hood role. (or most bat roles in general)

EDIT: It looks like a stand alone project, but is this more 'official' than I had initially thought? Popular Webtoon Batman Comic, Wayne Family Adventures
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-06-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Another look at Jason's design in Tom Taylor's Dark Knights of Steel, Art by Dan Mora, one of my favourite current artists:
    Steel.jpg

He looks different than in here. Some of the differences can be attributed to artstyle, but not all of them (he's got a leathery jacket, pauldrons and some red on his arms).

There's also the tiniest glimpse (literally a couple of seconds) of Gotham Knights in the DC Fandome teaser trailer. Can't wait for next week, been waiting a whole year to see Nightwing and Red Hood gameplay. Hopefully they show some free roaming; still curious about these two's traversal and combat.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    A teaser from ISMAHAWK just dropped for a live action version of the Batman Wayne Family Adventures webtoon.

I'm liking a lot of the cast here. Looks like Soys helmet is being used here, (nice, thats a plus) and also the same actor that played Jason in that last Red Hood vs Winter Soldier video is playing him here too. Which is also a plus for me, I think this guy has the right look (you know, actually being tall and large enough to come across as convincingly intimidating) and he seems to be a stunt actor which is honestly a skillset I would prefer for an actor taking up the Red Hood role. (or most bat roles in general)

EDIT: It looks like a stand alone project, but is this more 'official' than I had initially thought? Popular Webtoon Batman Comic, Wayne Family Adventures
    The teaser for the series is gone from Ismahawk channel and I can't find anything about the project on their channel. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Another look at Jason's design in Tom Taylor's Dark Knights of Steel, Art by Dan Mora, one of my favourite current artists:
    Steel.jpg

He looks different than in here. Some of the differences can be attributed to artstyle, but not all of them (he's got a leathery jacket, pauldrons and some red on his arms).
    Probably the armor in the preview is a regular outfit and the one on the cover is his "hero" costume. Interestingly he looks more like a Rogue on the cover. Let's hope Jason has a bigger role here, compared to what happened to him in DCeased or Injustice.

Retailer exclusive variant of TFZ by Phillip Tan

The crowbar, the armor, and the taser are so stupid.

Also while looking around, I noticed that Rosenberg has been awfully quiet about TFZ, the most he does is retweet retailers announcing variants.

The teaser for the series is gone from Ismahawk channel and I can't find anything about the project on their channel. Weird.

Probably the armor in the preview is a regular outfit and the one on the cover is his "hero" costume. Interestingly he looks more like a Rogue on the cover. Let's hope Jason has a bigger role here, compared to what happened to him in DCeased or Injustice.
    Indeed, weird. I wonder if the new trailer is still being released on the 11th.

And that cover looks great, but in terms of content I think it'll be more of Taylors 'classic' DC trinity (but mainly batman) plus Arrows and Harley on the side venture. If Taylor couldn't even muster up enough content for Jason when he was literally a main character, I doubt he'll have any sort of 'role' here unfortunately.