Page 109 of 120 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1797

There's this, at least:
    red hood.jpg

Since this was the design sheet for the new look for TSZ, I guess we should expect them soon enough, although it might be for the Nightwing annual only or some appareances here and there. At the end of the day, though, he still has a crowbar.

They are stupid because they're not really weapons, but makeshift tools that became meaningful to the character due to his history and that look out of place when the rest of his gear is as high-tech and sleek as it is. Basically, edginess is the only reason to use them, because they are not nearly as useful, resourceful or powerful as any of the other weapons he could use (yeah, I know, comics and all, but there's still a certain degree of realism that should ge used).

As for melee weapons, I personally quite like the kusarigama he uses in Future State.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 10-27-2021 at 02:12 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The first issue of the Medieval Eleseworld is out and Jason has a few panels and one line worth of relevance. So much for that.

Dark humored and action packed, it sounds like. But of course, DC passed. Outside of Young Justice, they keep passing on really good animated ideas.

Considering he wrote that lame story that ended with Talia trying to break Jason so he would become the new leader of the League of Assassins, I'm glad they passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Considering he wrote that lame story that ended with Talia trying to break Jason so he would become the new leader of the League of Assassins, I'm glad they passed.
    Wait, that was him?

Bullet dodged then. Still, an animated series geared towards an older audience would suit Jason. Could include the All-Caste, Rebirth Outlaws (or some amalgamation), and his adventures in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wait, that was him?

Bullet dodged then. Still, an animated series geared towards an older audience would suit Jason. Could include the All-Caste, Rebirth Outlaws (or some amalgamation), and his adventures in general.
    Yep

And definitely, a RHATO series has a lot of potential but he's not the guy I would trust for that.

I'm not too enthused with Trammell's previous work, so I don't know how I'd feel about him behind the wheel of that project, but a John Wick meets Bojack like series for Jason? Those are two properties that I've also considered as interesting sources for inspiration to use for a Red Hood solo series. The competent and slick action of John Wick coupled with the painful exploration of trauma and depression from Bojack. So basically just John Wick but with a more in depth exploration of the human condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Still, an animated series geared towards an older audience would suit Jason. Could include the All-Caste, Rebirth Outlaws (or some amalgamation), and his adventures in general.
    If we're talking a full on Rhato series rather than a Red Hood solo series, then instead of John Wick etc...I always thought Cowboy Bebop would have been a decent blueprint for a series like that. Stylish and outwardly fun, but with interesting explorations of humanity and reflecting on the past, especially with characters who feel lost at this point in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I'm not too enthused with Trammell's previous work, so I don't know how I'd feel about him behind the wheel of that project, but a John Wick meets Bojack like series for Jason? Those are two properties that I've also considered as interesting sources for inspiration to use for a Red Hood solo series. The competent and slick action of John Wick coupled with the painful exploration of trauma and depression from Bojack. So basically just John Wick but with a more in depth exploration of the human condition.

If we're talking a full on Rhato series rather than a Red Hood solo series, then instead of John Wick etc...I always thought Cowboy Bebop would have been a decent blueprint for a series like that. Stylish and outwardly fun, but with interesting explorations of humanity and reflecting on the past, especially with characters who feel lost at this point in their lives.
    If that Netflix project becomes a success, I can see HBO Max trying a Red Hood and the Outlaws series with a Cowboy Bebop approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    If that Netflix project becomes a success, I can see HBO Max trying a Red Hood and the Outlaws series with a Cowboy Bebop approach.
    I'd only be interested if it had nothing to do with the Titans show. No actors from that show, no follow up from those storylines, complete recast, complete rewrite and start from scratch.

Anyways, I read TFZ 1 and my first impression was that it was alright, it seemed to improve with rereads. My only issue is the question of why Jason is entangled in this organisation to begin with, even the so called 'he's a wanted criminal' reasoning sounds weak, though in fairness it does seem like things may be revealed later on in the story. I even came across an article with an interview from Rosenberg basically highlighting that goals, motivations and manipulations from both sides will be revealed as the story progresses. Along with that there's also some extra talk about Jason and the approach taken to the series.

Here it is for anyone interested. https://screenrant.com/task-force-z-...ood-dc-comics/

Speaking of rejected pitches, apparently Alex de Campi and Nick Robles had previously pitched a Jason book to DC. Even just for the art alone I would have loved to see that come to fruition.

Extraordinary Member

I'd only be interested if it had nothing to do with the Titans show. No actors from that show, no follow up from those storylines, complete recast, complete rewrite and start from scratch.

Anyways, I read TFZ 1 and my first impression was that it was alright, it seemed to improve with rereads. My only issue is the question of why Jason is entangled in this organisation to begin with, even the so called 'he's a wanted criminal' reasoning sounds weak, though in fairness it does seem like things may be revealed later on in the story. I even came across an article with an interview from Rosenberg basically highlighting that goals, motivations and manipulations from both sides will be revealed as the story progresses. Along with that there's also some extra talk about Jason and the approach taken to the series.

Here it is for anyone interested. https://screenrant.com/task-force-z-...ood-dc-comics/
    Eh, this interview doesn't do anything to change my mind about the story and it actually makes me even warier. Rosenberg really can't find Jason as a compelling character unless he's having an existential crisis, the whole "Jason is not a leader" thing also falls flat when neither the first issue nor the prelude to the series even implied that Jason has his own agenda. Pretty big flaw if is supposed to be the "backbone" of the series. His logic for using Jason is also pretty poor although is somewhat refreshing to know editorial does consider Jason a character that sells books.

Speaking of rejected pitches, apparently Alex de Campi and Nick Robles had previously pitched a Jason book to DC. Even just for the art alone I would have loved to see that come to fruition.
    Not a fan of Campi's work nor the pretty blatant thirst Robles shows when drawing Jason, so I'm glad that DC passed on their pitch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I suppose know one knows its jason still. he's been with them between season 2- present.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I suppose know one knows its jason still. he's been with them between season 2- present.
    I wonder if Jason will do anything besides just standing there looking all mysterious. From what Weisman said back when the show was cancelled, I was expecting for him to at the very least be an active player by now.