Page 110 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1797
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I wonder if Jason will do anything besides just standing there looking all mysterious. From what Weisman said back when the show was cancelled, I was expecting for him to at the very least be an active player by now.
    It's possible he'll become more prominent in Dick's arc.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    There's this, at least:
    Attachment 115055
    Good God, I still hate everything about that. Give me my Mortal Kombat look back -____-

As for melee weapons, I personally quite like the kusarigama he uses in Future State.
    I'm all for giving Jason more supernatural adventures just so he has an excuse to use the All-Blade. He still has those, right?

Jason Todd: Supernatural Bounty Hunter. Make it happen XD
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-04-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    It's possible he'll become more prominent in Dick's arc.
    mabey, this seems to be the assassins arc tho, I think it be now or never. Jason has not recovered/broken free after a whole year since the last season

Dick mabey, I'm a little suprised to not see him with the rest of the street level heroes right now. Only Tim and and Dick are not present. They could be involved with Batman in gotham, which can lead to an infinite amount of directions. He might be leading a mission in Bialya for all we know

4 4 4 4 4 4 2
    MM SB Artemis Zatanna

Aqualad
    Nightwing
    Rocket

Plot wrap up

His logic for using Jason is also pretty poor although is somewhat refreshing to know editorial does consider Jason a character that sells books.
    That section caught my eye too.
    Carrying several books and yet, has never had a solo. I know I harp on about it, and I get it, a solo won't solve everything, and knowing DC it might end up terrible anyway, but it's still kind of a strange position for a decently popular bat character to be in.

Not a fan of Campi's work nor the pretty blatant thirst Robles shows when drawing Jason, so I'm glad that DC passed on their pitch.
    I haven't seen enough of Campi's work to make a judgement, but in the case of Robles, eh, I see plenty of comic artists create 'thirsty' fan art, whilst still managing to draw the characters more appropriately for official comics so that's a non issue for me. It's only the last few years that he has created more 'pinup' fanart of the character at the request of fans, and as we saw recently, even at the request of DC themselves. Otherwise, most of Robles earlier pieces for Jason were classic typical portraits or action poses. He's capable of both XD. What I enjoy from Robles, is that he's an artist with a versatile style and whilst his highly rendered works could probably only be fitting for covers (I imagine they take up a lot of time to create) I think what I'd love to see from him is some kind of Black Label series using his more detailed and moody ink illustrations such as in 'The Knight series' he created for Drawtober: https://twitter.com/ArtofNickRobles/...89749328678920 That would look neat.

Dexter Soy is of course another artist I'd love to see on another Jason led series, though I think he is currently busy with his own book that was just announced, Shigeru: curse of the blood god. https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status...71315872972803

I wonder if Jason will do anything besides just standing there looking all mysterious. From what Weisman said back when the show was cancelled, I was expecting for him to at the very least be an active player by now.
    I know right. I don't mind shows taking their time to develop plot points, but they already were teasing this reveal a season ago. It's gonna be disappointing and kill a lot of momentum if nothing happens with this particular narrative thread this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm all for giving Jason more supernatural adventures just so he has an excuse to use the All-Blade. He still has those, right?

Jason Todd: Supernatural Bounty Hunter. Make it happen XD
    Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    As for melee weapons, I personally quite like the kusarigama he uses in Future State.
    The Kusarigama, the All Blades, the Kris dagger, almost anything but the damn crowbar would have been more appropriate.
    Last edited by RedBird; 11-04-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Dexter Soy is of course another artist I'd love to see on another Jason led series, though I think he is currently busy with his own book that was just announced, Shigeru: curse of the blood god. https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status...71315872972803
    I wonder if Shigeru is a reworked Red Ronin idea.

I wonder if Shigeru is a reworked Red Ronin idea.
    It very well could be.
    Though if Soy still has any interest in pitching his Red Ronin/Jason series, then I hope the original Red Ronin idea can still be saved for a later time when DC finally come to their senses and give him a book to put all those fantastic illustrations.

I think that's UL Jason in a teaser page from Batman 118. I'm guessing it's just a quick flashback.
    https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...68846633947139

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I think that's UL Jason in a teaser page from Batman 118. I'm guessing it's just a quick flashback.
    https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...68846633947139
    Yeah, is referencing the Cheer story

Here's some in progress pages for the Nightwing annual. Some Robin Jason and Discowing Dick flashbacks and a present day page. I don't mind the OG robin suit being the first 'prototype' so to speak, but I miss Jason's new52 Robin suit, I wish that was kept as a suit he at least later creates for himself.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/1...d-2021-annuals

Yeah, the N52 Robin suit was perfect.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, the N52 Robin suit was perfect.
    Everyone hated it

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Everyone hated it
    Everyone hated Dicks new52 Robin suit.
    Jasons new52 Robin suit however was a way better upgrade that was basically the classic Robin suit just with added pants. It remained faithful to the OG suit in style and colour and just changed it enough to fit with modern designs. It really was perfect.

Here's a different Red Hood logo that's featured on the Nightwing Annual. https://twitter.com/DarranMRobinson/...80846886572035

Not sure if this is permanent or just a one off. It kind of reminds me of the logo from the new film, 'The Batman'.

I do like that it features Jason's personal red Bat logo rather than the generic bat symbol that the current one has.

While it really is nice to have the red bat, I don't like how derivative it is from The Batman logo. Hopefully is just something made to hype up the movie or something.

Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 11-05-2021 at 10:56 AM.

I pointed out on Twitter how similar the logo was to The Batman's and the designer actually responded

https://twitter.com/DarranMRobinson/...23192148480003

He says this RH logo was designed two years ago and that The Batman is inspired by the comics. I have my doubts because Jason is nowhere as big of a name to get such influence, especially in a film where he doesn't even show but hey if the guy says it...

I then pointed out how regardless of what logo was designed first, the RH one would always be seen as aping The Batman's and how it kept the issue of Jason being seen as an extension of Bruce instead of his own character. And the designer more or less said that was sort of the point...

https://twitter.com/DarranMRobinson/...26016324341761

In other news, the preview for Titans United #3 is out and it promises to have Jason as the focus, I'm excited about it because I want to see if they will keep the promise of using the All Blades.