Page 111 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1797

Interesting.

Not that I was too concerned about the similarities, but honestly that's a good enough answer for me. The artist seems to be responsible for a good majority of the graphic designs and logos for DC, If this design was really something conceptualised two years ago and before the Batman film logo was released, then I'm willing to take them at their word. Can't exactly fault the artist for the film makers decision to paint their version of Batman as a brutal and angry vigilante drenched in crimson. Besides, a character name with the character symbol inside is a common design layout.

Still, it's interesting to know how long this logo was in the works, this information now makes me wonder if this really is permanent. I think I might just prefer it, thanks to the use of Jasons bat symbol, the current Red Hood logo is technically more derivative anyway since it has Batman's bat in it rather than Jason's. Though I'm not sure about the 'The' placed in the R, it seems too small to notice.

And darn I almost forgot about Titans United and Future State Gotham coming out this week, both the previews look pretty promising.
    Last edited by RedBird; 11-06-2021 at 05:24 AM.

I quite like the logo and see no problem with it being similar to The Batman's (especially if the latter was truly informed by it and not the other way around). And, I mean, at the end of the day, the movie and its logo are going to be just one among many other live-action takes (the most exciting to me so far in any case).

So much Jason, I'm so happy.
    I hope I can catch with it all soon enough.

Late, but I've finally found some time to read TFZ #1. I liked it quite a lot.
    I've posted my review in the other thread, but just in case you don't want to open another tab, here it is:

Late, but I've finally read the first issue, and I liked it a lot.

Art is really nice looking here. I'm hardly a fan of Barrows work in cape comics, but here, his style fits the mood to a T. Dark, and dirty and dynamic with all that action showing in the story. And colours are really nice looking and made it shine even more. Lettering too, was quite nice: with different styles and uses and nice placing all over the different layouts.

As for the story, I liked it a lot too. It's clear that every character have their different motivations and aims, and I think there's a slow-paced plot working on in the background. It kind of reminded me of a bit of American Gods, but lighter and with some humour. The bad guys are clearly malicious, like, in a very not subtle way, but also, it's the kind of not-subtle way that makes the reader wander how Jason is going to deal with them once he can find his feet with the absolutely murderous and uncoordinated zombie commando. Of course, the emotional struggle for Jason, besides the dilema of leaving and let them murder and torture people with these unwilling zombified criminals, or stay and risks his mental health besides his life and his own moral stands, is probably realizing that these zombies are still people, as much as himself, and unlike what Crispin-voice-boss says, they're not monsters and deserve a chance for redemption (it was the main theme running in several dialogue pieces in this issue. Redemption's one of the recurring themes for Jason, after all: has already been a theme under several writers with different approaches). I also wonder why this Crispin guy needs Jason. He's not that special (he died, sure. But besides that and being a bat...). Could've used anyone. I wonder what the writer will come with for the reason why. Some emotional manipulation based on Jason relating to the dead criminals is my guess.

It wasn't great, but still, it was fun and fast paced. I'm definitely looking forward to the next issue, and see how this story builds up issue after issue.

That being said, the dual wielding crowbars have to go forever gone. They're silly. Give him a chain, or a club, or several weapons. An axe, or something. Crowbars are very silly, honestly.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-07-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Three issues with Jason were released today: Robins #2, Titans United #3, and Future State Gotham #7.

Titans United continues to be a simple story with no big aspirations, other than riding the hype for the Titans show and delivering an entertaining story. Characterizations are getting better as the story progresses since we see different facets of the characters, making them less one-note than they looked in the first issue. Jason is been handled surprisingly well, his aggressiveness from the first issue is toned down, he has good chemistry with both Donna and Raven (even if his banter with Donna feels lifted wholesale from his dynamic with Artemis on RHATO) and gets to have the cool moment of the issue. Unfortunately no All-Blades but it was worth the price of entry.

Future State Gotham is a mixed bag. On one hand, it let Jason get the win over the lame OC guy that was hyped as the next big thing while making Jason work for it and actually win through his wits. Jason is once again depicted as the guy trying to make amends for his past, is irritating that only Lobdell (and to a lesser degree Martinbrough) have depicted him as coming to terms with his past. But the twist at the end completely recontextualizes the story for the worse. Jason is once again played like a fiddle, walking straight into traps and we're back to square one in his relationship with Bruce. I'm baffled as to why they needed to add that twist when it doesn't add anything really worthwhile to the setting other than "raising" the stakes by introducing yet another "is all part of my plan" villain.

Robins #2 is still taking liberties with the actual backstory of the Robins in favor of the story but those are relatively minor changes that don't impact negatively the overall story of the characters and show that Seeley does care for them. Jason's characterization is sort of a middle point between TU and FS, with a reckless Jason but one that knows how to work in a team and isn't dealing with the usual self-doubt he's being saddled with as late. The best part of the book is no doubt the banter between the Robins since the plot looks to be either a massive retcon to the lore or a huge red herring, hopefully, Seeley will be able to stick the landing but I doubt it. The biggest surprise is that seemingly Jason used the All Blades here since in one panel he's shown fixing his helmet and in the next, he's jumping into action wielding a broadsword that he pulled out from nowhere with an orange glow.

Overall, a good week for Jason.

I just all three current issues of Titans United. I think it's a REALLY good Titans book. Lowkey one of the best showings we've had for them since before Flashpoint (especially for Gar and Raven). It really felt like I was reading one of the older Titans books and that is 100% a good thing.

But I'm not a big fan of how Jason is almost as immature and obnoxious as he is in the TV show. He's definitely a lot better in #3. But when you're binging these, his unlikability sticks out like a sore thumb.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Future State Gotham is a mixed bag. On one hand, it let Jason get the win over the lame OC guy that was hyped as the next big thing while making Jason work for it and actually win through his wits.
    I like that Jason was for a change allowed to take the bad guy down on his own, without needing to be saved by the rest of the Batfamily.
    But I don't like the his usual fight strategy in this series seemed sofar to be to get beaten up untill he can pull some kind of trick...

Btw. I wondering how long this series will last, I kind of doubt that this book was really planed to last more than a year...

Red Ronin and the Robins

Can't we get Dexter in charge of Jason?

An Argentinian toy reviewer got early samples of the GK RH and Nightwing figures and it confirmed that Jason only comes with the finger guns. The figure is amazing otherwise.

https://www.deviantart.com/denism79/...Hood-896847846

This is by far my favorite design

The preview for Task Force Z #2 is out.

Plus for anyone interested in the series, Jason appears along with the batfamily in the preview for DC vs Vampires #2.

Is infuriating to see how useless and Pathetic Jason is being written in TFZ.

February Solicits

ROBINS #4
    Written by TIM SEELEY
    Art and cover by BALDEMAR RIVAS
    Variant cover by JEN BARTEL
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 4 of 6 | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 2/15/22

The Robins are splintered after the events in the graveyard. On their own and on the hunt for the distributor of the SKP Tech, the former sidekicks are on the warpath, tearing through Gotham and Blüdhaven following any and all leads. But while the Robins descend on the criminal underworld, where has Tim Drake disappeared to?

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #10
    Written by DENNIS CULVER
    Art by GIANNIS MILONOGIANNIS
    Cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant cover by MIKE BOWDEN
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Black and White | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 2/8/22

Jason Todd, a.k.a. Peacekeeper Red, and Hunter Panic are helpless to do anything but watch as the new Batman battles his greatest enemy for the first time! Meanwhile, the secret villain who has been the mastermind behind everything since the beginning of Future State: Gotham makes a move that will have repercussions for the entire Bat-Family!

TASK FORCE Z #5
    Written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    Variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    1:25 variant cover by PHILIP TAN and DANIEL HENRIQUES
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 2/22/22

Heads? Everyone gets eaten by a zombie. Tails? Aw, who am I kidding…everyone's going to get eaten by a zombie. It's always a trick question when Two-Face is involved…and Harvey Dent's role in this whole zombie Suicide Squad thing (zombicide? Is this a Zombicide Zquad?) is a whole lot weirder than you think it is. Or maybe not, I don't know you. What are you still reading this solicit for? Get out there and read Task Force Z!

Covers

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-comics...solicitations/

Meh.

Finally got my hands on the McFarlane Red Hoods. By far, the best figures of Jason around, sculpting-wise at least, they don't have a lot of articulation (especially on the legs).

I'm definitely picking up the Gotham Knights and Three Jokers versions. Although the way the figures keep getting less and less accessories is pretty disappointing.