Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1797

So, definitely, Jason's role in Beyond White Knight is going to be big, at least at the start. He also looks in his late 40's, which I guess is right too. I love his design. Damn, red and hazel brown with yellow accents is so pleasant in my eyes.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The images in question

I think that Murphy's writing has been alright and has come with interesting new takes on classic characters so I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops what initially was a screw-up on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The images in question

I think that Murphy's writing has been alright and has come with interesting new takes on classic characters so I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops what initially was a screw-up on his part.
    It's a nice case of having not an indepth idea of the mythos you write in, but using your "happy accidents" to come up with something fresh, different and fun. I know it's divisive, but so far, for me, it works.

I think within one of those other pages it might also feature Jason as the guard being attacked by the prisoner. White streak and all.

Anyways, I've disliked Murphy's take on Jason ever since the first series finished and nothing between then and now has changed my mind about that. But, with that aside, I do really like this series/universe regardless so it's an instant purchase for me, and hey, you never know, maybe within this series Murphy will finally present an interpretation or evolution of his Jason that I'll actually find enjoyable here.

EDIT: Looks like a Red Hood one off may be coming soon as well, here's a fan question in this post answered by Murphy https://www.instagram.com/p/CXUX0U7LAlg/.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-15-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Jason's urban legend costume looked good this issue as robin

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jason's urban legend costume looked good this issue as robin
    The black trench coat was nice, but I don't think it will stick.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I think within one of those other pages it might also feature Jason as the guard being attacked by the prisoner. White streak and all.

Anyways, I've disliked Murphy's take on Jason ever since the first series finished and nothing between then and now has changed my mind about that. But, with that aside, I do really like this series/universe regardless so it's an instant purchase for me, and hey, you never know, maybe within this series Murphy will finally present an interpretation or evolution of his Jason that I'll actually find enjoyable here.

EDIT: Looks like a Red Hood one off may be coming soon as well, here's a fan question in this post answered by Murphy https://www.instagram.com/p/CXUX0U7LAlg/.
    What didn't you like about Murphy's take on Jason? We haven't seen much of him to begin with but the retcon about his death is nothing that we haven't seen before, him being the First Robin significantly changes his standing with the rest of the Bat-Family and his two appearances in the present of the story treat him relatively well.

Still haven't bothered reading TSZ #2, but it's really cool to see the Martinbrough stuff. While his two issues were obviously not enough to get a detailed idea of how he'll proceed with RH, they were fun and Jason was well written, as well as had the right idea his relationship with Bruce (but of course editorial's such a mess that they basically redid that with Cheer).

Hopefully it's an ongoing solo ! I wonder if they'll ditch the TFZ armour. Give me the cyborg ninja look back plus the jacket or even a coat à la Hush, please. I sadly expect the guns to still be gone, but I hope they can at least give him cool main weapons and get rid of the crowbars. Again, his kusarigama from FS is a cool, unique (among supes) choice.

On another note, there's a Gotham Knights show in the making at CW. Couldn't be less interested in WB TV (especially if it's CW), but I guess Jason could show up. It's interesting to see how it apparently has anything to do with the game despite the name (common enough within Batman-related shit) and a similar premise where Bruce's dead.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 12-16-2021 at 08:32 AM.

What didn't you like about Murphy's take on Jason? We haven't seen much of him to begin with but the retcon about his death is nothing that we haven't seen before, him being the First Robin significantly changes his standing with the rest of the Bat-Family and his two appearances in the present of the story treat him relatively well.
    It's been a while since my commentary for White Knight all those years ago, and yes, I'm fully aware that this is kind of an unfair comparison, but this comic released a couple years after Arkham Knight, which featured Jason withstanding year long torture and still (technically) never giving up any information about the Bats. Meanwhile Murphy's Jason was held captive for.....a few hours? Half a night? and gives up Bruces name just like that. Even in my original review, I acknowledged that I probably wouldn't have judged too harshly if it weren't for AK, and again, it's probably unfair to complain about a character not withstanding 'enough' torture, but I can't help but see Murphys Jason as just being so much more weak-willed by comparison.

And Jason and weak willed should not be a desired combo. It's not a god awful representation by any means, but nothing I enjoyed. More like dislike, bordering on the side of neutral to be clear. But on top of that Jason's presence in the Harley Quinn White Knight series also just featured him as a bit of a buffoon whose arrogance had him being duped by Bruce, so, not exactly an improvement there either.

I'm hoping now that there will be more attention given to him here, that it can shed some light on the character and his history.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    On another note, there's a Gotham Knights show in the making at CW. Couldn't be less interested in WB TV (especially if it's CW), but I guess Jason could show up. It's interesting to see how it apparently has anything to do with the game despite the name (common enough within Batman-related shit) and a similar premise where Bruce's dead.
    No Fear
    CW Jason
    One Fear

Funny thing is though, that despite CWs own poor reputation, Titans was so abysmal with Jason that I don't know if CW Jason would honestly be a disaster or an improvement. XD

I'm thinking realistically they might go with an OC for the show though.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-16-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    It's been a while since my commentary for White Knight all those years ago, and yes, I'm fully aware that this is kind of an unfair comparison, but this comic released a couple years after Arkham Knight, which featured Jason withstanding year long torture and still (technically) never giving up any information about the Bats. Meanwhile Murphy's Jason was held captive for.....a few hours? Half a night? and gives up Bruces name just like that. Even in my original review, I acknowledged that I probably wouldn't have judged too harshly if it weren't for AK, and again, it's probably unfair to complain about a character not withstanding 'enough' torture, but I can't help but see Murphys Jason as just being so much more weak-willed by comparison.

And Jason and weak willed should not be a desired combo. It's not a god awful representation by any means, but nothing I enjoyed. More like dislike, bordering on the side of neutral to be clear. But on top of that Jason's presence in the Harley Quinn White Knight series also just featured him as a bit of a buffoon whose arrogance had him being duped by Bruce, so, not exactly an improvement there either.

I'm hoping now that there will be more attention given to him here, that it can shed some light on the character and his history.
    I see although you're ignoring the different context between both scenes, and both scenes are completely nonsensical when you get down to it, AK's by assuming that Jason spent an entire year being tortured under Bruce's nose and no one noticed even when Bruce built a freaking backup batcave under Arkham and WK's by happening in just one night. I find WK's take easier to reconcile since this is the Joker we're talking about and we don't even know how long was Jason a Robin, to begin with, in that universe.

And when you add what happened after, WK's Jason being able to move past the torture and growing into a well-adjusted man that continues to work for justice on his own terms is definitely better than a Jason that got stuck on his trauma and became easily manipulable by others.

I see although you're ignoring the different context between both scenes, and both scenes are completely nonsensical when you get down to it, AK's by assuming that Jason spent an entire year being tortured under Bruce's nose and no one noticed even when Bruce built a freaking backup batcave under Arkham and WK's by happening in just one night.
    I know my view of it is already coloured with bias from the simple fact that I'm even using AK as a comparison in the first place. Logically AK has got nothing to do with WK, they're different universes with different context, and yet, I can't help but compare. To be clear, I'm not trying to make this into a convincing argument or to sway anyone's else opinion, I can absolutely understand why others would enjoy and/or like this take on Jason, I just don't feel the same. For me, unless WK finally fills in the gaps, and provides context, I can't help but see WK Robin Jason as just weaker compared to other interpretations.

I find WK's take easier to reconcile since this is the Joker we're talking about and we don't even know how long was Jason a Robin, to begin with, in that universe. And when you add what happened after, WK's Jason being able to move past the torture and growing into a well-adjusted man that continues to work for justice on his own terms is definitely better than a Jason that got stuck on his trauma and became easily manipulable by others.
    It's definitely interesting to see him in the future with a career that carries out justice in some way or another and I'd certainly like to see how he got there and to see this expanded upon in the series, but, and just in complete fairness, if a lack of information/context should negate full critiques on Jason as Robin, then it has to be acknowledged that we also really don't know anything about adult Jason in this universe yet either. He might have a career in law enforcement, but because of how corrupt law enforcements are typically presented in Gotham, it's hard to even take that career as some kind of sure sign that he's on any right path. The adult version of Jason has also been such a nothing character so far, it's actually hard to pin down how well-adjusted he truly is, or ever was, for that matter I suppose. This volume is where it will all be revealed I guess, I just hope it sticks the landing and finally presents something substantial for the character, cause I really like the series.

March Solicits

ROBINS #5
    Written by TIM SEELEY
    Art and cover by BALDEMAR RIVAS
    Variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 5 of 6 | $4.99 US Variant (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/15/22
    Trapped in a virtual prison, the Robins must face down their own gauntlet of bad memories. Every step they take places them further and further into their fabricated realities with no escape in sight! Can the Robins break free from their tragic pasts, or will they be lost to their former lives forever?
    BATMAN: BEYOND THE WHITE KNIGHT #1
    Written by SEAN MURPHY
    Art and cover by SEAN MURPHY
    Variant cover by SEAN MURPHY
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 8
    ON SALE 3/29/22
    17+
    A lot can change in 10 years, especially in Gotham! Batman, a.k.a. Bruce Wayne, may be behind bars, but the real criminals are still out there. Gotham Motors CEO Derek Powers has seized control of the Wayne family's assets and is using them to transform the GTO and the city they've sworn to protect. Crime is down, but at what cost?
    A new Batman has emerged in Powers's city, and only Bruce is fully aware of the dangers to come. It's time to destroy the mantle for good, but he'll need one of his forgotten sons' help to do so. Enter Jason Todd…the first Robin?!
    In this thrilling sequel to the blockbuster comic book hits Batman: White Knight and Batman: Curse of the White Knight, writer/artist Sean Murphy invites the audience to go beyond the Gotham they know to discover an engrossing new take on the city and its heroes. Welcome to Neo-Gotham and the world of Beyond the White Knight!
    SUICIDE SQUAD: GET JOKER!
    Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art by ALEX MALEEV and MATT HOLLINGSWORTH
    Cover by ALEX MALEEV
    $24.99 US | 160 pages | 8 1/2" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-425-7
    ON SALE 5/17/22
    17+
    RED HOOD LEADS TASK FORCE X AGAINST GOTHAM'S CLOWN PRINCE OF CRIME!
    The Joker must die. Tasked with ending the trail of broken, bloody bodies left in the Clown Prince of Crime's wa-ke, Amanda Waller's Suicide Squad—now led by the Red Hood—must hunt down Batman's greatest foe in hopes of putting him six feet under.
    The former Boy Wonder and current Red Hood, Jason Todd, agrees to help hunt down The Joker out of both duty and a lust for revenge against the monster some think killed the second Robin. Now side by side with some of the world's most ruthless villains—including Harley Quinn, Firefly, and Wild Dog—the Red Hood must decide whom he can trust and who's really pulling the strings of the Squad once The Joker turns the tables on Task Force X.
    Suicide Squad: Get Joker! sees two modern graphic storytelling masters unite for the first time in this darkly humo-rous crime noir tale from the prestigious Black Label line of books from DC Comics.
    TITANS UNITED #7
    Written by CAVAN SCOTT
    Art by JOSE LUIS and JONAS TRINDADE
    Cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    Variant cover by KAEL NGU
    International Women's Day variant cover by CAT STAGGS
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 7 of 7 | $4.99 US Variant (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/8/22
    The Titans face their final challenge as the true enemy is revealed. An alien armada is heading toward Earth, and Superboy must decide once and for all where his true allegiance lies. Will Starfire join forces with her evil sister, and what mysteries lurk far below the streets of Metropolis?
    FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #11
    Written by DENNIS CULVER
    Art by GEOFFO
    Cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant cover by MIKE BOWDEN
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Black and White | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/8/22
    The Next Joker's rampage continues! All hell breaks loose in Gotham City as Jason Todd, a.k.a. Peacekeeper Red, enlists the Next Batman and Hunter Panic to battle the Next Joker for the life of...Tobias Whale? Plus, Talia makes a move that will change Nightwing forever!
    FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM VOL. 1
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON and DENNIS CULVER
    Art by GIANNIS MILONOGIANNIS and NIKOLA ČIŽMEŠIJA
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    $19.99 US | 224 pages | 6 5/8" x 10 3/16" | Softcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-436-3
    ON SALE 4/12/22
    Disaster strikes Gotham City, and all evidence points to the Next Batman! Red Hood must choose justice over his family and allies when the corrupt Magistrate enlists him to bring in the new Batman dead or alive! Featuring the entire cast from the popular Future State Batman titles, this story line kicks off the next chapter in this forbidding world of tomorrow, and does so in brilliant, black-and-white storytelling! Collects Future State: Gotham #1-7 and stories from Future State: Dark Detective #2-4!
    TASK FORCE Z #6
    Written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    Variant cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    1:25 variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | $4.99 US Variant (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/22/22
    Secret-origin issue, baby! Task Force Z #5 was quite the disaster for Bane and Jason, huh? Let's give those two a minute to sort out their lives and travel back to the very beginnings of the team: where the black market Lazarus trade has just begun, and Two-Face makes a call that heywaitaminute this is going to inform the current story, isn't it?

I'm really curious as to why Jason and Damian are dressed like a F1 Racer and a monk, respectively while Dick and Steph are just Agent 37 and Spoiler.

Nice cover but is sad that the crowbar appeared here too.

Is that Formula 1 Jason Todd? Where this come from?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Is the regular cover for Robins #5

Is the regular cover for Robins #5
    No, i mean, where this formula 1 jason todd idea comes from? Or is something new?
    Cause Dick is Agent 37 and Steph has her old costume there, i assumed it was something from the past.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.