Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1797
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Completely new far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    No, i mean, where this formula 1 jason todd idea comes from? Or is something new?
    Cause Dick is Agent 37 and Steph has her old costume there, i assumed it was something from the past.
    No idea, to be honest. I'm just wondering what will Seeley come with. Maybe some show with bikes or street racing? I suspect he will came with street racing for Jason's background at some point.

That cover is pretty nice, to be honest. Simple, but nice.

So much Jason coming next march. A little of everything for every taste. I love it.
    But the solicit for Get Joker is... weird. It's basically the solicit for issue one, but with the misleading that a fastwritten placeholder solicits usually have when they don't know still what the actual issue is going to be about.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-17-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    But the solicit for Get Joker is... weird. It's basically the solicit for issue one, but with the misleading that a fastwritten placeholder solicits usually have when they don't know still what the actual issue is going to be about.
    Because that's the solicit for the trade, the final issue is iirc out in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Because that's the solicit for the trade, the final issue is iirc out in January.
    Ahhh, right. I totally forgot about it.
    Damn, I'm slow today.

Nice, quite a few books there, and man, do my eyes deceive me, is that an actual image of the Robins where Jason actually gets to have his canon height? I saw that image of the Robins #5 cover floating around on the net and I legitimately thought it was fanart just because of that accurate height. Was surprised to see it was real/official, big props to the artist, DC almost never get that right.

Also, the Driver suit is certainly a surprise to see, Dick and Steph are in old suits but I don't recall Jason ever being in Formula 1 or Damian being a monk. I don't know if a short lived time as a driver will be shoehorned into Jasons background, or if maybe this is just a disguise for the issue? Hmmm, I'm gonna throw out a wilder theory, maybe, since the solicitation mentions them falling into fabricated realities (so maybe not real memories) and since the theme behind this book was the question of whether being Robin was a good thing or not. Maybe the characters end up hallucinating alternate versions of their lives where they didn't meet Batman.

So Dick, who began wanting revenge for his parents and sorting those emotions out, still ends up being an active agent of sorts with Spyral, Damian perhaps seeks a more peaceful route within the league, Steph is certainly an outlier that arguably forged her own path, and it's not hard to imagine that she still would have ended up as Spoiler with or without Batman, and as for Jason, well, typically for him writers love going the tragic route, so, maybe his alternate future is an 'improvement' and he goes from stealing from cars as a youth, to ending up behind the wheel of one, driving as an official racer in Gotham.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-18-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Nice, quite a few books there, and man, do my eyes deceive me, is that an actual image of the Robins where Jason actually gets to have his canon height? I saw that image of the Robins #5 cover floating around on the net and I legitimately thought it was fanart just because of that accurate height. Was surprised to see it was real/official, big props to the artist, DC almost never get that right.
    I made some quick measurements, the reltive heights seem indeed in line with what is typically printed in the character guide bocks.

It matches:
    Jason: 6'0''
    Dick: 5'10''
    Steph: 5'5''
    Damian: 4'6''

Kind of wondering why Tim is missing from the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Also, the Driver suit is certainly a surprise to see, Dick and Steph are in old suits but I don't recall Jason ever being in Formula 1 or Damian being a monk. I don't know if a short lived time as a driver will be shoehorned into Jasons background, or if maybe this is just a disguise for the issue? Hmmm, I'm gonna throw out a wilder theory, maybe, since the solicitation mentions them falling into fabricated realities (so maybe not real memories) and since the theme behind this book was the question of whether being Robin was a good thing or not. Maybe the characters end up hallucinating alternate versions of their lives where they didn't meet Batman.

So Dick, who began wanting revenge for his parents and sorting those emotions out, still ends up being an active agent of sorts with Spyral, Damian perhaps seeks a more peaceful route within the league, Steph is certainly an outlier that arguably forged her own path, and it's not hard to imagine that she still would have ended up as Spoiler with or without Batman, and as for Jason, well, typically for him writers love going the tragic route, so, maybe his alternate future is an 'improvement' and he goes from stealing from cars as a youth, to ending up behind the wheel of one, driving as an official racer in Gotham.
    I like your especulation, fits both solicit and cover.

I'm guessing Tim isn't there because he's not trapped.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-18-2021 at 04:26 AM.

Incredible Member

I love this interaction between Jason & Artemis!

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-6480890

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Not even Frank is safe from the Anti-gun politics sweeping comics

https://www.gamesradar.com/punisher-1-preview-covers/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Random Idea: Watching Hawkeye on D+... is that the way to do Batman and Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

I'm actually really fine with that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Honestly I think Punisher is kind of the character they should either leave as he is, or stop using at all.

Making a "political correct" version of him doesn't make much sense.

And the people that are likely the reason for this change, are very likely not reading these comics anyway.

Btw. with Jason the change is similarly pointless, there is a animated movie, a TV series and two computer games (soon 3 unless they are going to make changes to the final version Gotham Knights) out where he is using guns.
    Last edited by Aahz; 12-28-2021 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Honestly I think Punisher is kind of the character they should either leave as he is, or stop using at all.

Making a "political correct" version of him doesn't make much sense.

And the people that are likely the reason for this change, are very likely not reading these comics anyway.

Btw. with Jason the change is similarly pointless, there is a animated movie, a TV series and two computer games (soon 3 unless they are going to make changes to the final version Gotham Knights) out where he is using guns.
    It's not the people, it's a whole market. I don't think this is much about the USA market as much as it is about certain asian markets that don't like guns in their main characters.

I like to think that Bruce wouldn't have a problem with what Jason did today, probably a technicality on the whole don't kill rule all things considered.

spoilers:
    Jason rekilled Bane. Context: Bane is a zombie resurrected under task force Z with only some memory of who he is and in this issue Jason wrestled with the idea that what gives him the right to get vengeance on Bane...but Vengeance won out and after Bane regained his memories Jason hit him, made sure that Bane remembered why Jason was doing this (Bane did remember), and knocked him off the top of a building to his redeath.

If Bruce can let vampires die for not being people I assume zombies are fair game.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-28-2021 at 11:21 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah, to quote the film "Chicago",

He had it coming, and he only had himself to blame.

But the next issue will be very interesting to read for sure.