Page 20 of 120 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    One consistent thing about Jason and the women he tends to hang around with/be on good terms with is that they tend to be, forgive the cliche saying, strong, independent, women. Not necessarily super powered or love interest, but the ones he tends to be around the most. Like Talia in New52, Donna in NTT and Countdown to Crisis, Supergirl during their team-ups (wouldn't mind seeing those two interact more), Artemis (duh), and while more minor, Rose in a few interactions prior to this.
    Isn't this how the majority of women are being written nowdays?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    When written well, characters do implicitly have a type since is based on their interactions with other characters. Just look at Spiderman and his numerous love interests over the years, or all the outcry that happened when WW and Superman hooked up during the N52. The argument about inconsistency might be valid if the writer that gave to Jason all of his love interests wasn't the same that wrote him for nearly a decade. Furthermore, even the Artemis ship came precisely from the chemistry that Lobdell unintentionally gave to their interactions and that once again, followed the patter he already established for Isabel and Essence.
    Spider-Man most famous love interests are MJ, Gwen and Felicia who all are different in terms of looks and personality. He is not a good example to use.

And the same goes to Jason. Essence, Isabel, Rose and Artemis are also all different in terms of looks and personality (and all these relationships happened under the same writer).
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Since the fandom seemingly decided she’s one of his major love interests anyway despite them (until recently) ever being depicted as a couple, I wouldn’t mind a writer taking a crack at the pairing and seeing where it goes. Plus I like both characters and not inherently opposed to the idea of the pairing like I would be with some others.

Into the Red Hood-Verse.

From L to R: Dex Soy, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Kenneth Rocafort, Ty Templeton, and Guillem March (closest)

#JasonToddPH #RedHoodPH

Incredible Member

How accurate are Jason physical abilities in this article? He seems over powered in this article.

https://batman.fandom.com/wiki/Jason_Todd

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    How accurate are Jason physical abilities in this article? He seems over powered in this article.

...that looks like they're combining his skills in every continuity
    for one, the "no longer aging" part is not true in Rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post

Like Restingvoice said, the first point about the Lazarus Pit gift is not main continuity. It was pointed in the Future's End special, as far as recall. Also, we don't know if it was something related to the pit, if I recall right.

The rest are accurate, but just if everything from post-crisis carried onto the New 52 and thus, Rebirth. Remember, he put Bruce in Under the Hood in a pinch (in the Arkhamverse too), and also could match to different degrees other bats. Besides, it's mostly the average profile of every Bat (and also some Arrows). They are incredibly competent, fit and smart. Jason is also quite cultured, like Alfred, Barbara or Bruce. Damian too, I think. On the other hand, he's usually not a tech genie: at best, he's a good crafter. By Rebirth, he has trained some mental discipline too, meditation etc, that gives him the nice bonus of theorically being resistant to psychic attacks to certain degree. And then, it dosen't mention that he at least talked German in post-crisis, iirc. Tim is the one I remember talking more languages, but Jason was implied to talk a few. I don't think that bit carried on the current continuity, for any of both.

It also doesn't mention his weaknesses or handicaps. He suffers severe PTSD as by Rebirth (he has fallen into dissociation twice in Rebirth, I think), and has broken into psychotic breaks now and then in main continuity. And I think he's also suffered or suffers some effects from his past beatings, like pains. He had chronic pain after the post-crisis ressurrection (I think), and he had problems aiming right after Bruce beat him in Rebith for a while (he was also limping and in severe pain in the Arkhamverse when he came back).

In short: he's a bat, they're that crazy.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-31-2021 at 05:45 AM.

Incredible Member

Lazarus Pit uses in the Bat family

https://youtu.be/7dTcMtlHvEE

Extraordinary Member

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM – RED HOOD HUNTS THE BAT-FAMILY FOR THE MAGISTRATE IN THIS ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES!

Presumably this is an anthology type series with Jason only starring in the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM – RED HOOD HUNTS THE BAT-FAMILY FOR THE MAGISTRATE IN THIS ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES!

Presumably this is an anthology type series with Jason only starring in the first arc.
    Personally, however I feel about the story (not exactly mad; but kind of half way between betrayed, annoyed and bored), It's not worth the buy.
    It's a rehash of the current Future Estate special, which, as far as I've read from opinions, is pretty weak. I don't get why they decided to give the thing a whole six issues new arc. But I sure as hell am not buying it.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

So we're going now the Venom route of leading several minis, eh? From a popularity standpoint, Jason being chosen as the lead to introduce these anthologies speaks well of his standing within editorial but the quality of the stories themselves is very questionable. Especially Future State since the first part in Dark Detective was offensively mediocre, Williamson has a poor understanding of Jason's character, and the setting itself being awful doesn't help.

If editorial will only double on putting Jason on the role of antagonist-but-not-really of the Batfamily and refusing to give him his Rebirth look back, I think I would rather them shelve Jason for a while.

Regardless of how I might feel with Jason's treatment in Zdarksy's limited series when it launches (I think I'll like it even if the premise is a bit worrisome and tired), at least it'll be a quality title, I'm sure. So I'm really excited.

This, on the other hand, is weird. The FS stuff is fine as a novelty (and even then), but I have little interest in following that world beyond these two months. I did enjoy FS: Red Hood for what it was, so I'll probably find this, at the very least, entertaining enough. But I'd rather have another mini set in the IF timeline and, preferably, not having Jason be hunting down his former partners for a dictatorship.

At the very least DC seems to acknowledge that the character is popular enough, even if I'd rather an ongoing where he fucks off and does his own stuff outside Gotham's influence.

Yeah, I'll pass on this.

I'm surprised they're continuing the Future State stuff, since the reception so far has been middling (although the Gotham family ones are the best from what I've read). I can only assume that this was too far in the pipeline to cancel. Yeah, it'll probably a pass for me too - Zdarsky has me covered for Jason in 2021.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I'm tired of DC.