Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Red Hood by José Ladrönn
    Darn. I may feel so appealed by thsse aesthetics I could actually reconsider giving the FS story a chance in the end.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Darn. I may feel so appealed by thsse aesthetics I could actually reconsider giving the FS story a chance in the end.
    Eh it's cheaper to just right click and save as ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Eh it's cheaper to just right click and save as ^^
    Well, that's true :_D

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Do you just see my post and go "I sense bs that I must disagree with" without actually reading what I said? I know that Jason is more than that and you should already know that (and I'm pretty sure many writers realize that about him too).

Red Hood persona and the whole point of him carrying guns is his willingness to cross the line no other heroes are willing to do so. It's an issue every writer who is in charge of him need to address. If you have him killing, you will be forced to make him kill nameless fodders which isn't a good look for him and if you have not killing, you need to give a reasonable explanation about why he doesn't and explain the guns (the rubber bullets explanation is just a bs).

Getting the right voice for Jason isn't a complicated task and many writers are able to do it. Writing a good memorable story starring Jason is the issue and some writers are probably just not in the mood to deal with his baggages.
    And as I said, the Red Hood persona has grown beyond just shooting every bad guy he sees. He doesn't even have guns as his main weapons, to begin with, furthermore, the groundwork for that was already laid out by Lobdell there's ZERO need for every writer to go addressing an issue that was already dealt with by previous writers.

Also fun fact, Rubber bullets is an internet meme, the only time Jason was explicitly stated to use them was in the Joker War tie-in, every other time that Jason teams up with the Bat-family he either doesn't use his guns, or is stated he's shooting the criminals non-lethally like in the War o the Robins arc.

And speaking of old plot beats rehashed

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #3

Written by CHIP ZDARSKY, MATTHEW ROSENBERG, BRANDON THOMAS, and more

Art by EDDY BARROWS, RYAN BENJAMIN, MAX DUNBAR, and more

Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON

Variant cover by DAVID MARQUEZ

Variant cover by SIMONE BIANCHI

The mystery around Cole Cash and HALO deepens as Batman takes a more active role investigating the man known as Grifter. But other villains in Gotham have begun to notice what Grifter is up to, and they're about to attempt an assassination! How long can the unlikely team-up between this Dynamic Duo last?

The Outsiders epic reaches its end with the return of three iconic Outsiders: Black Lightning, Katana, and Metamorpho, all reunited to face down Katana's mother-in-law! This finale will change the makeup of the Outsiders forever and set them on a new trajectory in the DC Universe!

Red Hood and Batman fight over what they should do with the child who is now orphaned as a result of Red Hood's temper. While they place the child temporarily under the care of Leslie Thompkins, she debates if she's doing the right thing. Is she just looking after another Robin in training?

64 pages, $7.99, available on May 11.
    Whoever called that Jason would be the one at fault by his temper, congrats. At this point, we should make a bingo card.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    And speaking of old plot beats rehashed

Whoever called that Jason would be the one at fault by his temper, congrats. At this point, we should make a bingo card.
    That is lazy. Even just reading Lobdell's Red Hood preview, not even having to buy the book, Jason's always chill. It's still a solicit wording, so the issue itself can be different, but it's still, marketing-wise, hitting the typical, most common denominator of Jason being The Angry One.

I'm kinda thinking how long will it take for the back and forth to end when it comes to Jason's direction because as a character he's still pretty new. Red Hood Jason was born in 2005, and got his own book in 2011, that's still really young, people are still back and forth on whether he should be a Bat fam, an enemy, somewhere in between... and this is gonna keep going. Right now the pendulum seems to be swinging to The Bad One. It's gonna swing back, I have no doubt, but to settle it I think it's gonna take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That is lazy. Even just reading Lobdell's Red Hood preview, not even having to buy the book, Jason's always chill. It's still a solicit wording, so the issue itself can be different, but it's still, marketing-wise, hitting the typical, most common denominator of Jason being The Angry One.

I'm kinda thinking how long will it take for the back and forth to end when it comes to Jason's direction because as a character he's still pretty new. Red Hood Jason was born in 2005, and got his own book in 2011, that's still really young, people are still back and forth on whether he should be a Bat fam, an enemy, somewhere in between... and this is gonna keep going. Right now the pendulum seems to be swinging to The Bad One. It's gonna swing back, I have no doubt, but to settle it I think it's gonna take a while.
    Is not really that young since you're not counting the 9 plus years he was the lead character of a comic book, in the business that is an eternity. Is more that DC as whole has abzolutely zero idea about what doing with their characters beyond aping what they've seen in cartoons.

TRUTH & JUSTICE #4

Written by JEFF TRAMMELL art and

Cover by ROB GUILLORY

Card stock variant cover SANFORD GREENE

Digital first. A friend from Jason Todd's past is found dead in an alley, and the Red Hood is on the warpath for the killer. But in his pursuit, Jason finds himself facing down his own past and place within the Bat-Family. Can Jason outrun his demons, or will they drag him back to the grave?

40 pages, $4.99, available on May 18.
    Anyways, Jason is also starring issue 4 of the new anthology Truth & Justice.

Covers

Variant of Urban Legends

Truth & Justice

Interesting things, Jason in T&L has the white streak and the Rebirth suit whereas he's in the bargain bin Sub-Zero costume and no streak in UL, the sword he has in UL also looks more like an All-Blade than a regular sword.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 02-12-2021 at 09:12 AM.

The fandom is precognitive to the usual nonsense. XD

Anyways, Jason is also starring issue 4 of the new anthology Truth & Justice.
    Oh, I just saw the writers name. Wow, could it be? A writer for Red Hood that not only, likes the character? But also considers them one of their favourite characters??
    I'm honestly now more intrigued by this Truth and Justice short story than any other Red Hood comic coming soon.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The Truth and Justice story kinda reminds me of that Gotham Knight Jason story.

Still, I like that we are getting all this new Jason content. Hopefully it means they got something coming later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The Truth and Justice story kinda reminds me of that Gotham Knight Jason story.

Still, I like that we are getting all this new Jason content. Hopefully it means they got something coming later in the year.
    It's a good sign, at this point. It's a lot of content. More than any other bat but Bruce himself, I think.

Amazing Member

With Red Hood starring in a lot of books makes me feel good about a solo back sometime during the year.

Another fanfic to add to the list;

Writing Destiny is about the events immediately following the events of UTRH comic book version. Death of the Endless comes in, and ships Jason off to the Marvel Cinematic Universe before it became the MCU. 6 chapters in, Jason is now dealing with SHIELD.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Jeff Trammell

Truth and Justice #4.jpg

Also a reminder:

I'm so excited for you all to read "Truth and Justice #4" , which hits stores this May! But if you're like me and can't wait until then, you can read it digitally first, starting March 12th, with a new chapter dropping each week!

Hopefully, he can back up those words and don't end up just as PR speak to hype the story as it happened with Fabok and Three Jokers.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Hopefully, he can back up those words and don't end up just as PR speak to hype the story as it happened with Fabok and Three Jokers.
    In retrospect, there were some red flags for Three Jokers just looking at how Fabok and Johns promoted the book and talked about the characters.

Williamson and Zdarsky didn't even bother with a PR speak - although it wouldn't make any difference at this point. They are both indifferent about the character.

But I at least have some hope for Trammell because he's backed up by Jason Todd fan artists in the comments. Judging by these comments by Kira Okamoto, they seem to know the author personally,

THIS IS IT. This is one of the things I've been SO excited for and it's finally here!! @MrJeffTrammell is a phenomenal writer who loves Red Hood, and his debut story featuring Jason in TRUTH AND JUSTICE #4 is something I promise you don't want to miss.
    (the other comment)

Jeff, getting to witness you achieve this dream of writing for DC on none other than our boy, Jason, has been one of the greatest privileges. I am so, so incredibly stoked for you. You bring the sort of heart to his story that fans of Jason so desperately want.
    Last edited by Sergard; 02-15-2021 at 07:37 AM.