Page 34 of 120 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Truth & Justice #10 is out (digital first). I'm really enjoying it. It's pure fun. Although I'm surprised how much I dig the art style.

A friend from Jason’s past is found dead in an alley, and the Red Hood is on the warpath for the killer. But in his pursuit, Jason finds himself facing down his own past and place within the Bat-Family. Can Jason outrun his demons or will they drag him back to the grave?!

The art is indeed great. Love how he looks in the Rebirth design there, particularly in the upper left panel.

Also, is that story using white streak Jason? At least right after he rises up from the well. Doesn't seem to be the lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Truth & Justice #10 is out (digital first). I'm really enjoying it. It's pure fun. Although I'm surprised how much I dig the art style.

Well, looks like I need to check this one too :3.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    The art is indeed great. Love how he looks in the Rebirth design there, particularly in the upper left panel.

Also, is that story using white streak Jason? At least right after he rises up from the well. Doesn't seem to be the lighting.
    Hard to say. He has a white streak in the panel mentioned and on the cover. But otherwise he's mostly wearing his helmet. There's a panel though where he doesn't have it. And the covers for the other two chapters don't show a white streak either.

Trapped in his own nightmare, Red Hood battles against the Bat-Family and his former selves. Can he find a way to make his terrors work for him or will be trapped in his fears forever?

Red Hood battles against his worst fear…himself! Can he accept his place in life or will he become what he truly fears?!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't like the art but I really like how some of those panels are Greatest Hit Remake of Jason's life in almost exact poses.
    Batman Second Chances cover
    The pose of Jason's pit resurrection is from Tynion's RHATO
    The digging out the grave from Under The Hood

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't like the art but I really like how some of those panels are Greatest Hit Remake of Jason's life in almost exact poses.
    Batman Second Chances cover
    The pose of Jason's pit resurrection is from Tynion's RHATO
    The digging out the grave from Under The Hood
    It's a very cartoon-like artstyle; expressive and simple to read. It all depends on tastes, but it's pretty well done, in my opinion. Or at least, those pages are.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Decent enough. Not a fan of the art, I like it a lot less stylized/cartoony but is serviceable. The writing is just painfully generic, a pretty by the numbers story, and the sort of story that seems to be the go-to story when writing Jason for the first time. I know is not a fair comparison but Orlando certainly did better work with the "Jason investigates a crime involving one of his childhood friends" in his Gotham Knights story. I also not a fan of the stories where Jason and Bruce are at each others' throats so that knocks a few points from Trammel's story.

I really appreciate the use of the classic rebirth costume instead of the MK ripoff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Decent enough. Not a fan of the art, I like it a lot less stylized/cartoony but is serviceable. The writing is just painfully generic, a pretty by the numbers story, and the sort of story that seems to be the go-to story when writing Jason for the first time. I know is not a fair comparison but Orlando certainly did better work with the "Jason investigates a crime involving one of his childhood friends" in his Gotham Knights story. I also not a fan of the stories where Jason and Bruce are at each others' throats so that knocks a few points from Trammel's story.

I really appreciate the use of the classic rebirth costume instead of the MK ripoff though.
    Don't worry. Jason's next moniker will be "Scorpion Hood!" and uses his grappling gun to snag evil-doers that are a distance off, pulls them towards him rather brutally, all the while roaring, "Get over here!"

The sad part is that with DC's current direction is no longer something impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Do you count

spoilers:
    the fear toxin hallucination as being at each other's throats?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sergard; 03-13-2021 at 01:56 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It was nice to see Jason doing some on panel detective work for once. It’s been awhile since we’ve seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    What do you guys think about Jason Todd's time as Robin? He was so innocent and good hearted that he couldnt believe in other becoming evil.
    Pre-crisis Robin Jason was especially cute and innocent. Post-crisis Robin Jason had his moments too but there was also a lot of lost potential. Jason nowadays is best of both worlds. He knows that people can become evil but he's good-hearted and has no problems to become friends with ex-villains/ex-enemies (Jason's and Suzie Su's friendship is not enough appreciated in comics.).

One of my favorite "innocent Robin Jason" moments is from Detective Comics #570. (I think that's pre-crisis.)

Extraordinary Member

One of my favorite "innocent Robin Jason" moments is from Detective Comics #570. (I think that's pre-crisis.)
    No this issue is from the beginning of Post Crisis before they changed Jason's Origin.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yea that reference to Selina being a Lady is from Year One, but since this is before Jason's new origin I think it's still meant to be Circus Jason

Do you count

spoilers:
    the fear toxin hallucination as being at each other's throats?
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, because Jason's narration throughout the whole thing is dripping with bitterness about Bruce.